Anime comedy kings

How can other comedy anime even stack up to these? Which one is the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7x2ai9cC1Q
strawpoll.me/12474327
exhentai.org/g/653028/26f7b30b6f/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sora no otoshimono should be included as well.

>no Azumanga Daioh
How can OP even talk about comedy?
Both Nichijou's are good though.

D-frag is better.

>no mention of cromartie
user pls

nice thinly veiled recommendation thread

Azumanga is more slice of life and a lot less comedy user.

best dub

This
This

I like Nichijou, but like 80% of the time it's extremely unfunny.

>something "wacky" happens
>character has a huge fucking overreaction

Repeat ad nauseam. It's everything that's wrong with Japanese humor.

Nah

Is this Galaxy Angel?

>anime comedy kings
>the real anime comedy king is nowhere to be found
Choke yourself with my hand, OP.

Only good answer. American humor >>>>> Japanese """"humor"""""

If these are the kings then Cromartie is the supreme deity. Also Carnival phantasm is a spoof of a franchise, by itself it's not funny.

Carnival phantasm is boring as fuck.

Boring? How?

choco banana!

How can anyone actually think that nichishit is funny?

excuse us true queen of comedy coming through

no

Nyaruko is still my favourite comedy, but Nichijou, Nichibros and Cromartie all rank highly too.

....no.

I really liked Konosuba

Nichibros S2 never ever ;_;

I was going to mention this but it's so new I thought most people would give it a second thought.

>Golden Boy nowhere to be found

spotted the newfag

>Carnival phantasm
>incredibly funny to fans of Typemoon
>full of shitty unintelligible in-jokes to non-fans of Typemoon

Absolutely love CP but it's really not very open to those who don't know the characters, unlike the other shows on your list that can be picked up by anyone

>nichijou
>OwO hurrr durrr lol so randum!!!!11!!1 XP
>every 'joke' is a play on expectations but fails miserably because the viewers eventually just starts expecting random shit to happen with little to no explanation to its context as a joke aside from "lol the principal suplexed a deer huurrr that's so randum"

It still boggles my mind how people find Nichijou funny but then I remember Big Bang Theory is the 'funniest' show on western media

>d-frag anime
Hahahahhahahfjjdjajaja

If you didnt read Tsukihime and/or FSN you shouldnt be browsing Sup Forums.

>Azumanga
>less comedy
???

Yea

milky holmes is the funniest anime ever made. nichijou is a fucking joke (not a funny one though) and is vastly overrated on the rat infested shithole that is Sup Forums (and reddit loves it too)

>Thread about best comedy
>not one mention of prison school
shit taste as always, Sup Forums.

What a shit opinion.

>running unfunny shit like Phantasmoon and the Back-alley skits into the ground
>the OC donut steel Neco hosts that give pretentious commentary to the episodes
>that episode where they actually removed jokes on purpose just because the director had a personal grudge against the character featured in it, and made her act completely out of character so she would look bad

Sad. This is what modern Sup Forums thinks. Many such cases.

べんきょう!

I've watched Azumanga a long time ago and I still think that. It's good but not very funny.

2/2

A series like Sora no Otoshomono blows Azumanga out of the water. The only reason Azumanaga gets so much attention is because nostalgia but if it came out today I can almost guarantee it wouldn't be looked at twice. Compare that to heavens lost property and it would still be amazing even now.

Gintama is better than them all combined.

The only time i laughed was the pencil eating scene. Droped it after not laughing for 6 episodes in a row. Overrated shit.

I've always felt that Clannad was top tier comedy.
The sadness and all the bullshit about forced drama seem prevent it from making it into threads like these.

That's because Clannad is overpowered. We'd be discussing something like that in a best anime of all time type thread.

Nichijou was fucking god tier, Them immature comedy moments hit the right spot, Plus it looks beautiful.

Sabagebu is the only anime so far that made me actually laugh out loud consistently.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7x2ai9cC1Q

Help an user decide
strawpoll.me/12474327

Heavens lost property in dub. You won't be disappointed.

Kill yourself, nasufag.

I honestly cried at the end because of how sad I was that it was over.

ざわ~ざわ~

Watched,loved it.

Been pasted 10 mins Seto no Hanayome it is

I like Azazel-san, because I'm immature.

>How can other comedy anime even stack up to these?
By being season 9 of this.

That was brilliant

No prisoners.

Momoka is such a fucking sociopath

She's best girl.

I actually agree. Watching FSN is like a requirement on Sup Forums. That's like hearing somebody say they haven't seen Eva or something.

did you forget about god of death rape?

By far. Unfortunately she's now broken and unfit for marriage

Nah, I'm sure she'll be able to rope some rich sod into marriage.

It's starting to seem like Sabagebu has one joke, and joke is hitting/shooting people in the head.

It is a mighty fine joke, though. It's all in the timing.

It's funny, but let's be honest it milks one joke over and over. I guess anime had good enough judgement to not be long, because manga quickly becomes boring and all its attempts at having a story just destroy the joke by turning Negishi into actual schizophrenic with serious personality disorder.

>Carnival Phantasm

I love the show, but come on, no one laughs while watching this.

There are other jokes, it's just that "Momoka is a bitch" happens to be my favourite one.

Unironically YY.

There are loads of other jokes as well, it's justs that Momo is the main character and she never stops being a sociopath, so it's one of the recurring ones

I remember thinking this was really funny when it aired.

I laughed a lot while watching this.

>Absolutely love CP
>but it's really not very open

YOU JUST HAVE SHIT TASTE AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND PRISTINE COMEDY

It doesn't make you laugh because of how funny it is. It makes you laugh using references to type-moon related works.

Lurk for 2 years before posting, dumb newshits.

>sex jokes lmao xd

Nichijou is "funny" because it does absurdist pretty well. Now if that's not your cup of tea, no worries. I'd just like to point out that absurdist humor is a thing and that it has its fans and haters, just like everything else.

Kill yourself my man

try to top this nigga

>>that episode where they actually removed jokes on purpose just because the director had a personal grudge against the character featured in it, and made her act completely out of character so she would look bad

Which one was it? The Sakura episode?

i watched this yesterday, it was pretty good

Yup.
exhentai.org/g/653028/26f7b30b6f/
Comparing the episode to the original manga makes it obvious just how ridiculously biased the anime director was against her.
>constantly punching Rider
>randomly praising herself
>referencing an old outdated poll
>saying she likes Shinji better as a bad person
That combined with her being nearly absent from the marketing posters and opening, plus the interview where the director says he dislikes Sakura because she reminds him of his ex makes it pretty clear just how unprofessional he was regarding her character.

Did you remember to laugh?

You all realize you're posting in a recommendation thread, right?

Literally no problem because the OP isn't a retard and here's actual discussion

Not him, but I got some keks even out of the non-references.

>Arcueid smacking Ciel in the face with a volleyball and when Ciel calls her out she's like "Oh, you noticed?"
>Saber making Gilgamesh her bitch and coming home to housewife Shirou wasted smoking a cigar

Konosuba

The thing a lot of people don't understand about Carnival Phantasm is yea it might not be funny to everybody but if you're actually a true moon bro who found out it exists and is watching it for the first time it's the absolute best.

It would be like if they made a spinoff of your favorite anime series where all the characters are drunk the entire time.

>no yondemasuyo azazel-san
>no arakawa under the bridge

>Two of these have the same director
Granted the other two are better, but still, sasuga Kishi, too bad his recent stuff are only unintentional jokes like Danganronpa and Yuuki Yuuna

My niggas

Seto no Hanayome doesn't deserve that spot, OP.

Can I watch Carnival Phantasm without watching all the other Fate shit? I already played all 3 routes of Fate Stay Night and read the Fate Zero LN as well. I'm not gonna miss out on anything even if I skip Prisma Ilya and the Extras, right?

There's one reference to Extra and that's it. Doesn't even require knowledge of the game, Nero just appears for a scene.

Pity you need to really know about japanese culture to get more than half the jokes.