Ghost in the Shell

Just in case you thought it can't get any worse
twitter.com/GhostInShell/status/838479496390967297

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GhostInShell/status/838479496390967297
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-27/oscar-winner-mahershala-ali-has-2-roles-in-alita-battle-angel/.112742
soundcloud.com/xlr8r/kenji-kawai-making-of-a-cyborg
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lake_House_(film)
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04t0h2b
asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/China-Japan-to-team-up-in-3bn-anime-market?page=1
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/report-anime-industry-up-12-percent-in-2015/.107055
youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll go see it just to spite you weebs.

>pic related will never happen

I'm both appalled and amused.

>pork in a shell
>ghost in taco bell
>body shaped like a bell
>200 pounds feeling swell
>farts loud as 100 decibel
>android lipid cell
>belly stuck in a well
>diet plan? do tell
>weight watchers was hell
>in the fridge i dwell
>after sports i smell
>tumblr says I'm a bombshell
>gluttons are our clientele
>elevator instead of stairwell
>perky tits farewell

Don't give (you)s because this is a pasta

That's actually disgusting.

>yfw college bros start blasting this remix from their cars

>clichéd foghorn followed by even more clichéd, shitty untz

This is going to be absolute trash.

>those responses
My sides.

except it will

Just remember: No much how you want it to flop, it will be massively successful and anime will be the new capeshit.

2018 manga/anime onward will be full on pandering to western (read: white/SJW) audience.

Only China could prevent the cumskins from ruining anime.

What's going to be the next anime hollywood adaptation?

YAMEROOOOO

Boku no Pico

Probably whatever will bring in the most money. So Naruto? Death Note?

Evangelion.

Because anime is just as popular in the US as capeshit... oh wait, no it's not, not by a longshot.

>that being considered as a remix

christ i sounds like a car starting

>"Hey we're since we're doing a live action movie based on this anime should we include some of the original music that the fans seem to like?"
>"Great idea, but I think we need to put a fresh twist on it.. Kids these days like Steve Aoki, right?"

>steve aoki

>incomparable
That's an interesting way to describe it.

Yeah and comic book/comic book movie is popular among normalfag before the Ironman movie right?

You underestimate how easy it is for normalfag to appropriate nerd culture.

Akira
Battle Angel Alita
Death Note

>twitter.com/GhostInShell/status/838479496390967297
dumb as hell. thats just how japs would pronounce mirror in engrish so google is being silly, japanese word for mirror is kagami.

Alita: Battle Angel

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-27/oscar-winner-mahershala-ali-has-2-roles-in-alita-battle-angel/.112742

It's not as popular to hate on comic book nerds than it is to hate on weebs

akira and battle angel are already planned. death note is gonna be a netflix show that i have to watch for william dafoe's ryuk

Also SAO too right?

this
i never gave a fuck about western comics yet have seen 90% of capeshit either on tv or dragged to theatres by others. all who have never read a western comic either. they just read a wiki page on who the superhero or villain are and then they're set

This is where they actually stand a chance to improve the original

wake me up anons

I'd actually like to see a properly done Phantom Bullet movie.

Is capeshit really slowing down? Why would they need to go after anime otherwise?

Keit-ai by Hollywood when?

>Death Note
>the only thing that could actually be fucking awesome under Hollywood
>Shane Black was involved and cared a lot but abandoned the project
>Zac Effron is old now and can't play Light
>Samuel L Lawliet Jackson is now canon

Just taking the original song would have been even worse, since it shows a complete lack of creativity.
It just happens to be a pretty shit remix because they decided to go for a big name like Steve Aoki.
Could have at least chosen a big name from Japan like banvox to remix it, he was DJing at some GitS event party in Tokyo.
Or just picked an actual good remix like:
soundcloud.com/xlr8r/kenji-kawai-making-of-a-cyborg

>Japan pandering to SJWs after telling them to fuck off at the UN.
Unlikely. Japan will pander to shit it wants to pander to, and Hollywood will remake that pandering into SJW shit.

It's only a matter of time before hollywood blatantly rips off Keit-ai

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

EVERY
FUCKING
THREAD

>It's only a matter of time before hollywood blatantly rips off Keit-ai
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lake_House_(film)

>Keit-Ai by Hollywood.

A boy (Chris Pratt) falls in love with a girl (Jennifer Lawrence).

Unable to ask her to prom, he is gifted by a random man(Morgan Freeman) with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she wants to go down on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to his best friend (Seth Rogan), he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After looking on facebook, he finds out that the girl he called using his Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this planet at all. She is the girl's robotic alien counterpart (powered by Windows 10), who has fallen in love with the MC's own robotic alien self(Powered by Linux), who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, ACTION ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of CGI.

Directed by Guillermo del Toro.

it sucks that the cast is retarded cause ill be forced to suffer through them as i listen to the most perfect casting choice ever

Not if the BBC (liberal white media) had its way.

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04t0h2b

Keit-Ai has been made into:

>a wiki
>a fanfic
>a fictionpress story
>a manga
>a meme
>a series recognized by TV Tropes
>an anime preview
>an anime episode
>an anime series
>an honest-to-goodness anime movie
>Oscar considered
>a critically acclaimed box office success in Japan
>a worldwide hit
>the no. 1 highest grossing anime film of all time

Meme magic is amazing.

You wot m8?

Berserk, duh

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is an old character. Weeb hating is more popular with the youths than general nerd hate.

Please be good.

Capitalist are the same everywhere, once Kadokawa/Aniplex or such realise how much money there is from pandering to the west, do you think they won't start doing so?

That and the 2020 Olympic is pretty much the death keel of Japanese manga/anime/doujin industry. Why are japs such cucks?

Production looks like shit.

The best part of this is Sup Forums pretending to throw a shitfit when most of the anons here haven't seen any of GitS besides what they saw on television dubbed but still claim it's a classic because that's what faggots in 3x3 and pretentious threads default to and the rest don't know any better

AHHHHH WUB WUB AHHHHHH WUB WUB AHHHHH WUB WUB AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The point is before Ironman, Comic Book Guy was the common stereotype for comic nerds, so it stands to reason that it wouldn't take more than a couple Holywood anime flicks to quell the stigma against weebs as well.

So is this movie going to be the same plot as the original anime? There are so many scenes from trailers that are directly from the anime.

its not at all, its literally a robocop ripoff
>they stole my life
>now ill get my revenge
are both lines in the trailers, also they use ghost as a synonym for the human soul

>Only China could prevent the cumskins from ruining anime
>China
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There isn't money in pandering to SJWs though. Capeshit tried that and is failing hard because of it. You don't even get Good Boy Points for doing it because they can always find something wrong or just ignore anything that doesn't offend them. They don't buy anything.

This is just straight up disrespect.
People aren't actually going to watch this are they.

>they just read a wiki page on who the superhero or villain are and then they're set
That's what I've been doing too. I've never liked the artstyle of western comics, but I do like the characters, and the movies are well made and enjoyable.

People who've heard of it in passing but never watched it in any form are going to see it and some are going to see it because of Johansson

>Implying most SJWs have money that isn't from their parents
Most SJWs are entitled brats on tumblr and/or 20-somethings with nothing better to do but complain. Everyone with money is working too hard to complain about not being pandered to.

asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/China-Japan-to-team-up-in-3bn-anime-market?page=1

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/report-anime-industry-up-12-percent-in-2015/.107055

>According to the report, the total market value of the anime industry in 2015 was 1.83 trillion yen (about US$18.1 billion), up about 12% from 2014's 1.63 trillion yen. This continues the industry's upward trend; the total market value in 2014 was up 10% from 2013.

>Last year, the AJA attributed part of the industry's success to the sale of streaming rights in China, and in 2013 the report noted an increase in anime-related events and exhibits. This year, the AJA reported a 78.7% rise in the sale of streaming rights in China and a 68.2% growth in the live events field.

Stupid ang moh, the Chinese is the only thing preventing white pig from ruining anime.

Chinese are already ruining anime with adaptations for retarded chinese web comics

Keit-ai.

You weebs are overreacting. Sure, the song is pretty mediocre/bad but tell me a decent tune that remixes/samples this song.

I can think of only one but I'm not posting so that some metalhead weeb can call it shit.

>Only China could prevent the cumskins from ruining anime.
China gave over $400 million for the Warcraft movie

Just knowing the music was remixed by steve aoki is enough to tell you is a completely different movie.

It's not gonna be used in the movie, you nerd. It's just some promotional shit.

It's going to make millions, user. All of the movie critics will praise the shit out of it, normies will flock to it to see Johansson in a skin suit, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Also China it's the only reason Michael Bay is still making Transformers movies.

See No body, not even the chink themself give a shit about chinese made or anime adaptation of chinese shit.

The Chinese will be the money bag for Japanese produced anime and they'll do it without bitching about how Japanese anime is for pedos or shit like white people, and that's the important thing.

The white market only pay cents with most of the money going to east european middleman, but whitey would act like big shot and demand Japs to create shit that pander to them.

China spend more and unlike whitey they won't ask the Japanese to pander to them. China is better customer than the west.

Except the reason people went to see Warcraft movie was completely different. Everyone just wanted to see the references and have a memory trip.

>Nee, Isaac. How are we going to get the audience know this is a Ghost in the Shell film?
>Why don't we have Kusanagi wear the clothes from all her previous iterations, that'll make the audience know who she is!
>Nee, Isaac. Are we going to still call her Mokoto now that she's no longer Japanese?
>Of course not, We'll call her Mira instead. That kind of sounds like Miria!
>Nee, Isaac. Shouldn't we be worried that American audiences can't handle philosophical stories
>Don't worry, we're going to make it a standard revenge film! People really like those and they can easily connect to the characters that way
>Nee, Isaac. What are we going to do with the music
>Well people are fond of the original. So we'll keep it, but we'll add dubstep to it.

I just can't imagine how they are going to integrate all these scenes from the original movie into a completely different movie.

>Except the reason people went to see Warcraft movie was completely different. Everyone just wanted to see the references and have a memory trip.
If that was true then it would have made a lot more money in the US where the majority of the players have always been.
The point I was trying to make was that the Warcraft movie was complete shit (even though I enjoyed it) and they still paid that much money for it. Chinese will give millions for complete shit.

That was my point, as well. The chinese have more money than brains, they are the new americans.

Well if they really morphed the story that much then this simply isn't GitS anymore and no one should be triggered. They even have the courtesy to change her name so just consider it doujin.

Ideally they would have made a remake of the song, perhaps making it more cinematic sounding, but without trampling on the mood of the original and making it a techno mess. It speaks to what I can imagine they've done to the overall tone of the entire piece, tossing out the drama and phisolophy and replacing it with Hollywood brand high action and simple revenge/rebellion plot.

you nigger

>dubstep
>in the current year
Why does Hollywood always seem to be stuck 10 years in the past?

dubstep was always stupid.

Intelstat?

You're not wrong but there was a time it was popular for about 6 months and that time is not now.

They already have a new version of Making a Cyborg from Kenji Kawai that was used for the Shelling sequence scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo
Doubt they'll use this Steve Aoki EDM shit.

of what we've seen, this writing is so bad. but this movie looks so fucking cool.

The weird thing is Aoki goes on about what a fan he is and how much GITS defined his life.

>generic_epic_trailer_music.mp3

Origa must be rolling in her grave.

>If that was true then it would have made a lot more money in the US where the majority of the players have always been.

>majority of WC3 players
>US

not even close. More Russians played WC3 than americans. Let alone Chinese where the game is STILL played competitively.

This is exactly what I had in mind, I'm glad they'll be using this, I still prefer the original but this version makes perfect sense for a Hollywood action movie without ruining the song. This lifts my spirits, user, thanks for sharing.

>incomparable
>remix
You can't call it a remix if there's nothing of the original left. At least they're right about the songs being incomparable, because one is absolute shit.

(You)

The cast beside Willem are kind of unknown which might be an advantage as people can't really whinge too much about them.
I'm interested to see how it turns out anyway

>That and the 2020 Olympic is pretty much the death keel of Japanese manga/anime/doujin industry
what did he mean by this?

Can you guys finally admit that everything that Sup Forums says about Hollywood is correct?

If the Jews/Chinese didn't own Hollywood and right wing white men controlled the industry none of this would be happening.