A few days ago net neutrality was the biggest crisis in our time

How come nobody's screeching about it anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2014/.../the-biggest-net-neutrality-lie-of-all
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you say something in america now, you get banned.

Welcome to the electronic intifada.

Because literally nothing will change at all, except that americucks will have to pay more, so no one in real countries cares at all.

Because it was nothing.

just go to reddit there are still front page threads about it every day

>There's still a chance NN can be saved!
>Companies are standing up and defending NN!
>BASED Netflix denounces NN repeal!
>Multiple ISPs announce plans to slightly raise internet prices in 2018 days after NN repealed! We told you so!

Still waiting for the promised Sup Forums block, then finally I will be free. If it doesn't happen like reddit promised then spez and all his cronies are gonna pay!!!

There was a one-time payment to a lot of people to agitate about it. The propagandists had to move on to other projects, like "Trump will fire Mueller on Friday" and "OMG military coup incoming!!!"

TRUMP ON THE BRINK OF STARTING NUCLEAR WAR WITH NORTH KOREA (AGAIN)
THIS TIME WE'RE SERIUOS

Because it doesn't really matter, Americans might have to pay slightly more for internet access in some areas, in areas with a lot of competition prices are probably gonna go down

START THE SKYKANG THREAD XDDDD

Soros stopped paying

Like everything else, people don't really care they are just jumping on the next political trend or fad. Once it's over they forget and move on to the next one.

The "pay for truth" package is $49,99 and most don't want to pay that anymore. I also expect Netflix to have ads "forced by Cumcast" because they will not pay for the new pricing.

Manufactured outrage like everything else
Stay woke user

This is a "bandaid" syndrome. Most of people are like scared children who have to take bandaid off but the idea that it may be painful makes them to protest. They are hyping themselves up to the point that the imaginable outcome is overblown of proportions which makes them even more scared. Then comes the mommy, tears off the bandaid, there is little to no pain and now they are sitting there and not understanding what is going on.

hahaha it's so fucking accurate

>NO MOMMY IF YOU RIP OFF THE BANDAID IT'LL HURT REAAALLLY BAD AND ALL MY BLOOD WILL FALL OUT!
>*rip*
>"See my little snufflebottom that wasn't so bad now was it?"

The average american.

This is why places like reddit are often terrible to discuss and assess future events. Someone comes up with a scenario, which gets up voted because it is somewhat popular and the hype train carries that scenario through the rest of the internet making it bigger and more ridiculous. Eventually the bubble bursts and everyone can't comprehend why there is such a big difference between what they thought is going to happen and what has actually happened.

because it already happened. their policies won't take effect for several more months, and there will be dozens of watchdogs on their asses constantly after that. if any funny shit happens

my best guess they'll try to charge netflix more money for all the bandwidth that their consumers use, netflix will pass the buck on to the consumers, and the screeching will resume.

Outrage fatigue and no new developments.

>how come no one cares anymore?
No one cared to begin with. It was an astroturfing campaign, ran by companies (like Facebook, Netflix, etc.) who directly benefit from socialization of internet costs, and could not stand to competition on a free market.

Now that the issue is over, they cut off the financing of the campaign - and silence ensued.

very astute, norgebro

the average netherlander

MILLIONS WILL DIE FROM THIS

Because us burgers are too retarded to plan for the future. They see that the FCC vote didn't immediately ruin the internet, so they no longer care.

Because it already happened, US Citizens aren't politically aware enough to advocate for outer-FCC solutions to the problem other than random posts on imgur telling them that congress is going to bring net neutrality back.

oops I'll try again.

Pic attached is obligatory reading for anyone who is pro NN. I fyou want to actually weigh in on it please do so since it always get met with stony silence.

This is a good read too:

forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2014/.../the-biggest-net-neutrality-lie-of-all

here is what i think, net neutrality frenzy whipped up to exhaust people so they will be numb and tune out upcoming nsa reauthorization vote

>unreadable screenshot
>broken link
Nice and sound arguments you have there.

Because the complaints have [censored] and thats why theres no more [censored] if you arent able to [censor sponsored by google and proctor&gamble] because they dont want you to [censored] in the personal freedoms of [knock knock knock]

You just cant say things anymore

>unreadable screenshot
lmao NNs been gone for like 1 week and already Tyrone can't even view a 2mb image. I guess the liberal media was right!

something

SKYKANGZ SKYKANGZ AYO HOL UP

I can't believe that's real.

>forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2014/.../the-biggest-net-neutrality-lie-of-all

The link I'll give you but the screenshot? You have no excuse.

Same reason we had the deadliest mass shooting in history in Vegas that exited the news cycle faster than the story about some landwhale getting run over by a car in Charlottesville.

Why is nobody talking about the Vegas shooting either?

Stupid phone poster

news about it is conspicuous by its absence

because it was just paid shills screaming about it

>How come nobody's screeching about it anymore?

because it wasn't actually a crisis.

because net neutrality didn't exist. it never existed anywhere on the planet. it was just some pathetic law that existed to make obama look as a protector of freedum

Imagine being as retarded as that redditard