"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." Psalm 137:9

"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." Psalm 137:9

What did God mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GYr4Fz14C6w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its a metaphor

Ultimate get out of jail free card.

A metaphor for what?

Just imagine God telling you to throw your kids on the rocks lmao.

metaphor for being a dumbass

Oh, good, a Christianity thread.

Ain't no fun unless the babies get flung

>Psycho god
He sounds like a nutjob m8, I'd steer clear of him if I were you.

Shit, pressed enter too soon.
Daily reminder that Hell is not a place where you're tortured by the Great Satan, but merely a continuation of your life, without God's guidance and care.
Hell is basically a full AnCap territory, it's what you make out of it.

Psalm 137King James Version (KJV)

137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.

2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.

3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.

4 How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.

6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

7 Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.

8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

The children of Edom were happy about dashing Israeli children against rocks. This is a lament BY exiled Israel. What is difficult to understand?

He means that your enemies have secured themselves against the threat of your offspring growing up to fight them. Its one thing to kill a man, but to kill his lineage ensures absolute victory.

In short, your children are your legacy, so protect them.

It's fun to intoduce a young person to rock music

I thought hell was infinite torture and suffering or something. What you're describing sounds fun.

I'm really upset that no one gave me any (you)s over this

Topkek. Ultimate redpilling comes in the form of knowing that the rational atheist swedes practice this: They've been dashing all of the downy babies in Sweden on metaphorical rocks for years now.

See
Or you can make the case that this means destroy your enemies all the way down to your children.

Take your pick

This song is based verse 5.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GYr4Fz14C6w

The point of the whole passage is if I forget my lineage and the ways of my homeland, my enemies will be happy to destroy me. If I forget Jerusalem let me be cursed.

The Roman Catholics do view it that way. On the Orthodox Catholic side though, it's different. Gonna use wikipedia for this:
>[the Orthodox Catholics believe that] Hell, though often described in metaphor as punishment inflicted by God, is in reality the soul's rejection of God's infinite love which is offered freely and abundantly to everyone.
It's essentially a second shot at life. It would be better to get to Heaven, of course, but it's not like Hell is all that's it touted to be.

He meant that Mystery Babylon is gonna get fucked in the end, no matter how hopeless the current situation is.
Fedoras cannot read or reason beyond the level of a single-mom 8yr old.