AT&T Lays Off Up to 1400 Employees Just Before Christmas

dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Lays-Off-Up-to-1400-Employees-Just-Before-Christmas-140923

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/quote/t/financials/
cbsnews.com/news/trump-taxes-corporate-transfer-overseas/
usdebtclock.org/
taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/federal-receipt-and-outlay-summary
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Trump made them
>Impeach now
sage

bump

So do we cancel service or what?

gotta cut their taxes again

The tax cuts in effect lol

thanks trump

They do that every year. They were just temps anyhow. OP is retarded

TCS contractors. In other words, Indians in Mumbai.

we used to get 50 dollar gift cards as xmas gift from my employer

plant manager told us we couldnt do it this year because of tax reasons

wtf?

That's code for bad management.

dumbshit here

why is 1400 scrubs getting sacked anything to do with tax cuts?

>Believing anything your manager tells you

because tax cuts create jobs

because that is what the economic thought of the democrats predicts companies would do in this situation. the republican economic thought predicts the bonuses that various companies gave to employees because of the tax changes. it has to do with supply side vs demand side economics.

ive been fired on christmas day, it sucks

Plus the bonus didnt go to any IT workers just the unions.

>1400 AT&T employeess quit their jobs after at&t send out an email praising trumps tax cuts.

there you go

Wtf I hate drimpdgj now

Did you read the article, faggot? AT&T announced they are going to CREATE new jobs thanks to Trump.

there was a union bonus plus the other bonus from the tax cuts, you're getting them mixed up into one.

Maybe it had been 2000 without the tax cut or maybe it's actual structural change increasing the overall efficiency of the company.
However whenever something is pretty obvious and easy, liberals can't go 1+1.

so why would they sack people instead?

4d chess

obviously they needed the money for the 1k bonuses from somewhere

that isn't what the article said. it said despite their talk about creating jobs they will be laying off these people.
because there is some truth to the economic theories democrats believe in, see:

Get rid of the shitty part-time diversity hires to make way for higher quality members they can pay more. They did this at Lowes when I worked there to give me a raise. It's surprising how long they keep the laziest of black employees.

>"The job cuts, which are on top of a three-year plan to cut 10,000 jobs announced at the end of last year, come as it faces declining traditional phone sales and rising costs for deploying new, high-speed Internet and video services."
>having a LAN line
>out with the old, in with the new business model
>once again, OP being a huge faggot and only providing half truths
Sage

why do conservashits always fall for generic corporate 101 damage control talking points

why do u suck that corporate cock so hard like a bitch

Why do leafs resort to ad hom when they have no argument?
Sage

Because the people they are letting go are TV/Phone installers, legacy jobs no longer needed in the internet based market. The new jobs will be focused on TV/data streaming etc. Essentially lefties don't understand business. Surprise.

>I believe everything a corporation tells me, always

You retards are the ones that thought that AT&T makes $13 billion a year in profits but they needed tax cuts. LOL. Conservatives don't know shit about business.

>despite their talk about creating jobs they will be laying off these people
How is that any different from what I said?

>These job cuts have been planned for years

Do you guys really think a company is going to fire employees the day after the tax bill is signed? That's not how business works. That's not how anything works. These job cuts are a result of virtually everything except the new tax bill, which won't go into effect for a week.

Conservashits don't understand that corporations only pay taxes on their profits.

So why would a corporation making $13 billion in profits need a tax cut?

they wouldn't be right wing if they had brains

enjoy the trickle down guys

Why does a corporation which is not a living being get taxed like a human? Libs yucked it up when Romney said corpprations are people too yet the left wants them taxed like one.

You can't answer the question.

AT&T's headcount will remain the same. They're mainly eliminating land line jobs, etc. Hiring for more forefront tech jobs. The telegraph people lost their jobs too. It's too bad your fake news link doesn't cover the whole picture. Fuck AT&T though.

The fact you make it about Trump says it all. Dumb faggot. I bet you're complaining that employees get raises and bonuses.

MAGA

Actually that's the whole point. Corporations get to write off every cost and only have to pay a tax on what's left over, the profit.

That's not how humans get taxed. Humans get taxed write off the top. Imagine if you could write off every cost you need to live (mortgage, car, groceries, recreation, clothing, etc) like corporations do and then only pay a tax on what's left over.

That would be fucking amazing.

This is what I mean. You got it completely backwards. You filthy right wing retards don't even have an elementary understanding of this shit.

A corporation making $13 billion a year in profits didn't need a tax cut to do a one time $145m bonus

I am answering. You simply do not comprehend the answer.

I'm going to make a huge prediction here fellas... AMAZON WILL LAY OFF 1/5 OF ITS WORKFORCE BY JANUARY 5th... BAM!
This might become an epidemic. Next could be the department stores too.

Conservashits don't understand that corporations only pay taxes on their profits.

Please explain in your own words. Thank you.

Who says they did? They see now they need to retain their people since the job market is about to explode. They need PR. Perhaps they'll bribe them with pensions next. OH NO!

>Who says they did?

So you admit Trump's corporate tax giveaway to Wall Street was a mistake

Because you're a fucking retard.

Exactly, why is Canada's corporate tax rate 27%? They MUST raise it to 35% like the USA's has been for decades. You pro-corporation pigs must be stopped.

Seconded

>firing seasonal employees at Christmas
Wow, big shock OP.

>So you admit Trump's corporate tax giveaway to Wall Street was a mistake
Did you not read the rest of what I wrote. Trump's tax plan is about to explode the job market. So these companies need good PR to retain people, that includes bonuses and raises. This is a good thing. The trick is to corral asshole companies into HAVING to treat their employees right. And the way you do that is with actual competition coming in. This is the start of that.

>Make $13 Billion
>Lose $4.5 Billion to taxes
>$8.5 Billion left to pay dividends, liabilities, reinvest, or hedge against bad years

You really have no scope of how large corporations actually work. $13 billion profits in a year sounds like a lot, until you realize that last year you had $4 billion in losses, or that any sort of expansion bigger than moving into some backwoods town in Oklahoma is going to cost you tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars.

Not one paid corporate shill can answer.

You're fucking retarded. Tax credits for all those things exist.

Merry Corporate Christmas Folks!

MAGA eat a bag of dicks libcucks

>So why would a corporation making $13 billion in profits need a tax cut?
The job market needed a tax cut because our corporate taxes were one of the highest in the world. If it's cheaper to open up shop in a lower tax environment, a company is more prone to do that. Do you not understand that?

Why belabor the point when my point has already been so succinctly made?

Retard I love how you keep fucking embarrassing yourself. You have no idea how this shit works.

>>Make $13 Billion
>Lose $4.5 Billion to taxes
>$8.5 Billion left to pay dividends, liabilities, reinvest, or hedge against bad years

The $13 BILLION is AFTER TAXES. It's called net profit you absolute fucking moron.

Have you ever once just pulled up a corporation's income statement? Not once in your entire fucking life lol.

$19.8 BILLION income before tax
$6.4 BILLION income tax paid

$13 BILLION net profit.

finance.yahoo.com/quote/t/financials/

Why the fuck would a company that made $26 billion IN NET AFTER TAX PROFITS in just the last 2 years need a tax cut.

Do u filthy retards even know that employee wages are tax deductible? There's nothing stopping them from paying more or hiring more. It reduces their tax liability.

I got a better question, why would the 49 percent of assholes in this country who pay zero federal income tax bitch about the rich getting a cut.

>Why belabor the point when my point has already been so succinctly made?
He's just ignoring and repeating his debunked points.

I just fucking destroyed you. You don't even know what profit is LOL.

You should honestly kys out of embarrassment .

You're such a fucking paid corporate shill, you're trying to claim that a corporation makes $13 billion in profit per year needs a tax cut. Holy shit.

>thinks corporations are more likely to open shop in a higher tax environment than a lower one.
>is actually this stupid
liberalism is a mental disorder, people.

because it highlights how little conservashits understand about business

Trump takes aim at Obama's ban on "tax inversions"
cbsnews.com/news/trump-taxes-corporate-transfer-overseas/

Why don't u corporate shills have a talking point on this question?

>There is no arguing with obamaleaf.
MERRY CHRISTMAS OBAMALEAF!
I'm starting to think there's only about 10 people on Sup Forums that cover the same arguments repeatedly.

>so why would they sack people instead?
Holiday temp hires and pajeets. Every company with a staff goes through a yearly purge. This is a (((leaf))) thread and all of you should be ashamed for not saging it.

With net neutrality the layoff would have been 14,000 people.

right wing retards are so fucking stupid they don't know that corporations went overseas because of CHEAP LABOR

You're so retarded you don't know even know that the Chinese work for cheap.

Because seeing white people happy absolutely pisses them off.

They just cut the bribery department. Thans Ajit!

>all that Irish cheap labor
Cheap labor is definitely one reason. High taxes are another. If cheap labor was the only reason, then Ireland wouldn't have seen a massive boom when they lowered their corporate tax rates to near zero in 2015.

Oh, huffpost didn't tell you about that, did they?

Your ideology is literally 150 years wrong.

Companies should fire HR departments. Useless parasites.

>I believe everything shareblue tells me to write

Ok, here's your answer. Because they are productive wealth generating machines and deserve a break unlike all the nig nogs and white trash single moms with 5 kids in this country who don't work and only leech. Happy now?

You think corporations are going to use stop using loopholes where they can pay 0 or 5% because u cut their taxes to 21%?

u people are fucking retarded man

Competition is fierce in telecom these days. AT&T and Verizon didn't start cutting jobs until T-Mo and Sprint started undercutting them on price.

Sucks, but it's just the reality of the business these days (and this is coming from a guy employed in telecom). Great for consumers, not so much for these companies, shareholders, and employees who are now having to make sacrifices to stay competitive.

How does that make sense.

I don't even think trickle down is particularly effective to a point, but how does this make sense?

>Goldman Sachs deserves a break

the absolute fucking state of nu/pol/

Thank you anons.

Have a random pic.

Please tell me why the government deserves a single dime of anyone else's profits for any reason other than defense.

u retards are gunna bankrupt the country

usdebtclock.org/

Your question isn't even valid at all.

>If they're only taxed on their profits why would they need a tax cut?
To keep more of their profits. How do you think a company grows? You can't employ people if you can't pay them.

The government shouldn't get anyone's money if all they do is spend it on spics, niggers, and various other shitskins.

>Conservashits don't understand that corporations only pay taxes on their profits.

Is true but is a bit of a process -Businesses will pay taxes regardless but they can use the losses as a writeoff (callback loss) - for example when Trump hotels and resorts lost millions of dollars one year instead of getting it all (ie taxed loss) back with a callback loss Trump spread it out over several years, effectively paying no tax.

Callback losses are typically the taxed loss + a tax credit

You just want to take to take, you have no proof that a tax hike will enrich or improve the lives of daily Americans. The US tax code is not designed to improve society but to enslave and maintain control over its subjects. It's why niggers can be on welfare for 30 years and they're still living hand to mouth as they were when they were young, why should you keep feeding this corrupt system with more taxes?

Fuck you, read the article.

Some jobs ii dying sectors, as well as temps, are being sacked. Jobs in new sectors are being made, with many being sacked given priority in these new sectors. The goal is a net gain.

taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/federal-receipt-and-outlay-summary

>tax break
>layoff a shitton of dead weight
>NN down the pipes
>looks like my AT&T shares are going up again
feel free to boycott and get your internets from Starbucks niggers

>manager told us
>has a (((manager)))
>complains about a $50 gift card
should have gained some skills and made something of yourself

>why manufacturing jobs left the US
the graph

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE OBAMALEAF GETTING BTFO IN HIS OWN THREAD, MERRY CHRISTMAS Sup Forums!!!!!!!

AT&T laid me off last year. I was a manager there for 18 years. Fuck you AT&T. Fuck all the CWA Union Cucksuckerz. I hope they all lose their jobs before Christmas. Am I bitter? Maybe. I'm happier not working for AT&T but I miss the shekels. Now I'm self employed and in control of my own destiny. Fuck AT&T. May all their employees get pancreatic cancer.

>Conservashits don't understand that corporations only pay taxes on their profits.

Bull. Many of us have business so we DO not that. But what you don't seem to realize is the bigger the business the more of a cushion you need. From lower-than-expected profits to investment and expatiation opportunities that can cost billions.

For example I made 62K in profits last year. My overhead is about 240K/year. If my total income goes down by 30% next year my profits are ~-29K. That's a big deal. So I need a cushion. Say I want to expand for 30K. Sure it will be tax deductible, but that doesn't mean I magically have 30K to spend. It needs to come from a pool. The bigger the business the bigger the pool needed.

But you retards just treat it like a job and "profits" are just a paycheck. Well it's not just a job. A business has a lot of risk and responsibilities to employees. We don't/can't just spend all our (or even most) our profits on ourselves.