The Maginot Line

What went wrong?

france should have went with trojan...much better protection when getting nasty with hans

belgium
>around Maginot focus

tanks went through the forest

more like the faginot line whos with me?

Germans used common sense.

Me.

The French didn't advance through it into the heart of Germany when the Germans were busy with Poland.

the french didn't want to piss Belgium off and didn't extend it all the way so they got rolled the same way they did in WWI

Holland

Why go through the place that's designed to fuck me over if I can just go through belgium instead

Real question is why the fuck the Belgians even mounted a resistance, I mean what did they think would happen?

They just wasted lives of soldiers

This. The Belgians didn't want to piss off Germany by allowing the Maginot Line to extend into Belgium, and the French didn't want to piss off the Belgians by extending the Maginot Line on the French-Belgian border, which would cut off the two countries.

Really, a lot of pussyfooting around by leaders who should have known better to place self-preservation above all else, especially when they still had the military upper hand. Appeasement era diplomacy is nothing but a collection of sad tales like this one.

6,000,000 Belgian lives are not worth one Jewish fingernail you fucking antisemite.

>Germans used condom* sense

Fixed

How so?

>What went wrong?

ww1 infantry tactics against blitzkrieg

also not listening De gaulle

Belgium declared neutrality after Hitler reoccupied the Rhineland, giving up on their alliance with France.

Belgium was supposed to extand the Maginot line along their own borders with Germany, which they refused to do.

So Belgium gets invaded anyway, France and Britain go deep into Belgium to meet the Germans but they outflanked by German armored divisions who went through the Ardennes.

French commander fail to act and launch counter attack because he's in his castle using a single phone line to issue orders to his divisions. By the time the prick is replaced it's way too late to do anything.

For all intent and purpose the Maginot line did its job. which was to trick the Germans into invading through the Benelux.

Noice, checked

Kek

What's this from?

The British abandoned their posts in the North while the French were holding the Germans back. When the Brits couldn't run away anymore on land they got on boats and ran away across the channel leaving the French to deal with the huge gap in the line they created.