What's up with all those black cats with red bandannas?

What's up with all those black cats with red bandannas?

I don't know.

lol idunno

A black cat is meant to be distinct, quickly identifiable, and have a certain loner personality. It's a combination of the typical cat stereotype along with the black cat/unlucky myth.

However, it can be easy to lose details on a pure black body, and so a splash of color is used both to help them stand out from dark backgrounds, and help give the body shape more definition. It is far clearer where their head starts and what way their body is angled with the bandana. Using a bandana specifically is probably for this effect: to show of the character orientation and highlight the face with a glance.

As for why red, probably because it is rather bring and stands out, but not SO bright that it can't merge with the character with the correct color tones. Yellow would likely stand out too much, looking more like a pattern than a full character. Something like purple or blue would risk blending in too much, and not standing out. Plus, red likely helps to highlight their personality (much like how being a black cat, and all that entails, does).

OP BTFO

Like the MC from Ghost Trick?

Black and red are complementary colors, they just naturally look good together.

It makes the head easier to animate since it's separated from the rest of the body, and it allows you to make the head bigger, both of which are harder to hide with just a collar.
Old Disney animators used to give their animal characters ties or bow-ties to wear for this kind of reason. Black cats are lucky in Japan, and they look good in red.
There's probably also a famous black-cat with a red scarf that they're all referencing too, but I don't know who.

Black and red are not complementary colors, red and green are. Black is often considered not to be a color at all, alongside white.

black and red are complimentary and it looks cute

>red and green
absolutely disgusting
what do you think this is, christmas?

Complementary doesn't mean they look really good together, it means that they cancel each other out when placed side by side as tiny dots, and if you stare at red square for 30 seconds and then quickly look at white background, there will be an afterimage in green.

just google it faggot and stop being dumb on a cantonese stone carving hobby board

I tried putting a bandanna on my cat once but it scratched the fuck out of me.

It certainly seems to be popular.

Sissel best cat.
Anime when?

woah

oldest memes

>Black and red are complementary colors
no they aren't, take an art class

One of them said complimentary, which means something else.