Tell me user, what do you miss about old Sup Forums?

Tell me user, what do you miss about old Sup Forums?

Being younger

Gaiafags and Livejournal bloggers were orders of magnitude less insufferable than millennial redditurds, MALtards, and Sup Forumsesmoking Sup Forumsermin.

You are my only hope

Not being on it.

That these asinine nostalgia threads were less common.

They were actually more common.

~It is not I who is out of touch, it's the children who are wrong!

Image dumps

Sure it was full of pedos, but they weren't in denial about it.

newfag detected

The children are dead wrong though.
They unleashed this whole e-celeb and defined """"feminism""""" as their form of outright bigotry.

OC and no generals.

Visible sage.

Pretty much this.
These days its always "X vs Y", copying what most other board do, usually Sup Forums or Sup Forums.
Back then people just had similar common enemy, either narutofag or gaiafag.

Already lost my hope with this board since 2009.

DON'T DO IT BERGENGRUN

I'm so ronery ;_;

I think a much bigger difference is actually the reduction of scope.
Even a mere 5 years ago Sup Forums was a lot more Sup Forums - anime & random than it is today.
Cosplay threads, video player threads, random rants in the general direction of maybe anime, wasn't the exception as it is today, it was common. Now we've lost the DJT as well.
I don't know if this development is good or bad, but it doesn't seem to be opposed by a lot of people (other than the DJT affair, which was a big step).

>e-celeb

We live in the internet generation, it's no different than our generation who were fans of actors or musicians that got famous through TV.

And most people here on Sup Forums are anti feminazi

General is really bad for Sup Forums because it split people into their own group and endorse rivalry threads/anime.

this

>2013
>old Sup Forums

I don't remember old Sup Forums

>2013
>2009
huh?

>no generals
>no waifu meme
>normalfags got made fun of
>posting Naruto would get you spammed to hell and back
>anons made more edits
>GAR

m00t

Are you blind?

Please stop posting KoG, nobody cares about your shitty GET screencaps or pyramids.

the only reason why there were no generals was because there was like 1/5th of the traffic

Sorry, I have no idea where I got the 2013 from. This is really weird.

That's what I miss.

yeah i kinda figured that out while typing

I miss !Hawk.

Unironic weeaboos

The humour. Sup Forums is too serious nowadays.

Less normalfags, less whore apologists, more OC, more singing, no generals.

Livestream threads but maybe that's Japans fault and not Sup Forums's

This could be said about any board honestly.

even after so many years seeing his annoying face makes me wanna kill him, really hopes he dies in episode 1 of season 3

garbage shonen threads were deleted by mods

people talked about shows as opposed to just posting pictures of cute girls

I miss her

わはー

Your words are as empty as your soul.
Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

The speed of the board was comfy pre-2007. Now it is too fast. It felt like most people watched almost everything back then, now people selectively watch whatever's airing. On the other hand, there's fewer tripfags per capita.

Maybe I'm getting old but several garbage openers like "who was the target audience of this character" a day makes me groan the most.

I miss tripfag that actually make me laugh instead of giving me headache every time I visit this board.

Slightly less dubfags.

visible sage

who?

I somewhat miss the blogfags
Most of their threads were trash but sometimes it was pure comedy gold
pic related

The good quality of the shitposting.

I remember when I didn't have 50 threads filtered on average. Yet most of what's left is still shit.

Actually i think all those faggots should just get actual generals with their number and shit so I could filter them correctly.

Filtering is exactly the wrong way though. It's what's causing this divide in the userbase.
Representatives of all fanbases should (potentially) be present in all discussions. Only then can we have a cultural exchange that actually makes Sup Forums one community with one set of rules.

>Filtering is exactly the wrong way though
It let's me keep some sanity and I don't have to see 20 Eva threads daily.

I just blanket filter all threads with titles and browse the front page on infinite scroll. Kills generals dead.

Even when you kill general this way you gonna be left with other threads about same shit just named according to newest meme naming.

He is Zero now, the saviour of the people, the symbol of justice.I dont see him dying in anyway, at least not in the first episode of the new season..

moot

Nyoron? :3c

The non-cancerous Berserk threads.

Back when we'd have maybe one a month or so when DEEPFAG was still around.

we were all newfags then

The lack of Sup Forums.

>what do you miss about old Sup Forums?
The desu spam.
It was an innocent time.

When Naruto threads were not welcomed.

No narutards
No dragonballspics
No dubfags

>no waifu meme
yeah sure.

It could be worse.
At least the janitors make a good job deleting all those Sup Forumseddit memes

Old Sup Forums was more creative, less focused on general threads.

Nowadays we have generals for everything, and everyone stays in their containment general. People who want to talk about Jojo does it into the Jojo thread. People who want to talk about the [...] does it into the [...] thread.

Old Sup Forums was far more creative, with threads who went into tangents, strange memes abound, threads who degenerated where they shouldn't, and rare or few generals. Cross threads were commons.

Souseiseki

don't you think thats because we all used to watch the same shit back in the days? Now we have konosuba fags, jojo fags, one piece fags, re zero fags etc

I think a lot of what was lost was also in that mods had a lot less "fun" with us.

Mods used to be like Old Testament or ancient gods. They were insane, and the appearance of any doing anything sent us damn near sacrificing offerings to their inscrutable wrath.

Now they just enforce the rules as written. Which allows casuals to infiltrate, and then not lurk enough to naturalize into the particular board's culture before posting.

I mean, for god's sake, we're accepting MAL and animesuki as valid sources for information now. It doesn't matter if they always were, but you didn't SAY it, and if you did, you got called out for it.

It wasn't that we watched the same anime. But we used the same threads. Back then going into threads wasn't based on whether you liked the anime, but on how interesting the thread looked (or if you found the last reply worth responding to).

>tfw I got called an elitist because I told them to stop posting pics with the mangafox watermark

sigh

>>tfw

Faggot.

That Accel spam against the anti-loli banning mods was fucking glorious

No, it's because we all browsed the same front page.
Now you can pin your favorite generals and search for a thread about the episode you just watched, so everyone tends to stay confined to their own circlejerk and not mix up or even talk about different shows in the same thread.

You should be filtering them all or anonymizing, none are worth your time anymore.

I feel like Sup Forums was at its best when EVERYONE was watching one show, like back in the Geass days.

True. Things changed alot since the catalog got implemented. And not only on Sup Forums

When things weren't so racist

tripfags

And because Sup Forums has grown so fast, there is no reason to check out threads you aren't interested in anymore. You'll have plenty of replies even in your tiny sample of the entire board.

I miss the elitist tribalism that regularly led to arguments within threads.
These days everyone jerks off in their generals. The board is more than half dead.

There once was a time when Sup Forums wasnt the meme police. They never said stuff like
>take your /_/ memes back to /_/

Nowadays people even confuse old Sup Forums memes for reddit shit and lash out at you.

creating fun and interesting content for good anime

Oldfag posting was more common in the past when Sup Forums's influence was stronger.

old Sup Forums memes ARE reddit trash though

Why the surprise? This place literallly is MAL+Reddit+Animesuki for a long time already. There is almost no difference and the general thread quality reflects that.

don't pretend like Sup Forums wasn't always elitist though

instead of take x meme back to x it was take your shonenshit back to Sup Forums

the only replies to naruto threads were until a mod came and deleted the thread

the good old days

>They never said stuff like
>>take your /_/ memes back to /_/
We would gladly redirect people to gaia or other places. Back then Sup Forums as a whole was more united, so there was less reason to redirect people within the site. That changed when the differences between the boards became more important.

Sup Forums is less elitist than it ever was

This.

It's the only reason anyone gets nostalgic about this shithole.

Sup Forums is reddit now, so it's not like it makes a difference

Only when you permit the trash to stay.

I wish I was 10 years younger and pretending to be an oldfag on Sup Forums again

moot used to post here from time to time and actually messed up the board every once in a while. We had more shows that all of Sup Forums watched not like it is now with Sup Forums and reddit coming here and all watching the same show and posting here. Fansubs existed then.

I'm not surprised, I'm just saying the difference between then and now

Spot the newfag

Yeah, that was just Sup Forums rivalry. Now we act like that to everyone.

I remember a few years ago a crossboarder was going to all the boards making threads wishing all of Sup Forums a merry Christmas. I dont even have to tell you what we did.