ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK6360/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Debate yourself

Go home, Texas, you're drunk!

What makes you atheist?

I was an atheist.
You'll find out eventually.
And it's not about religion.

It's because i haven't seen any hard evidence, coupled with a knee-jerk reaction due to south american christianity being completely corrupted and twisted.

I cant debate you because your right.

What makes an atheist and not an agnostic.

t. atheist

>Larpagan

You're the same, only hypocritic and with no clear moral system like christianity.

I can understand your LARP on a cultural level, but as an actual faith it's pathetic.

>trying to debate a faith with facts
Read a fucking dictionary m8

Not politics. Reddit fags stop replying

Morality is a social construct. Humans are no different than animals.

I don't see a point in hoping it exists or considering the possibility.
I would start being an agnostic after seeing evidence and only start believing after seeing proof.

Morality is required for a society to last, with no values it can't organize unless under threat of violence.

I think only Christians and other abrahamic brainlets think morality is objective.

but what for?

>Morality is required for a society to last, with no values it can't organize unless under threat of violence.

America exists.

go shitpost somewhere else, fatheist. Chile is a Christian country

>I don't know the difference between knowledge and belief

Prove ‘nothing’ exists

Now that i think about it, superficial patriotic brainwashing works too.

>Prove that something that doesn't exist by definition exists

Religion is an important superstructure and a vital element in order to maintain society together.

Religion, as long as it promote peace and order is a good thing in a society.

intellectual honesty

Do you really think life on earth spawned, magically on t's own, some proteins derived from nothing, in a big ocean, turned into living blue-green algae and eventually evolved into Totally fucking on accident, created the human race, with all it's petroleum drilling and ICBM nuclear missile launching?

YOu think that's probable? Like it happens all the fucking time?

Only the moral system and values it carries with it.
Traditionally religious values can be integrated into a culture without the religion itself.

A self-identifying Agnostic is intellectually-dishonest, by and large. They fear admitting their Atheism due to the baggage it entails.

Most -- 99.9% -- of self-proclaimed Agnostics are Agnostic Atheists, but they are fearful to own up to it.

Nah, God magically poofed it all here.

Great, thanks for that. The very fact that we are experiencing ‘something’ means that there is no such thing as ‘nothing’ it is purely a mathematical concept. Reality is eternal.

>Do you really think life on earth spawned, magically because god, some humans derived from mud, in a big garden.

Why can't you prove that you have proven that no god did not exist in a state that is provable to the average rational mind, in a verifiable sense of course?

heh

And how do you make that? Look at the world around you.

People have no reason to follow morals so they engage in hedonism. Families are broken, being a bum is a legit career plan, things collapse. Why would people stick with their kin if you don't maintain a culture that tell them to?

>b-but society will fall apart if you don't believe muh magical fairy tales

sure

Christfags literally believe that some sky fairy created the world 6000 years ago, sent his son down to die for his own creations sins, and that we are supposed to take a book written by a bunch of autists seriously that literally knew nothing about the world. Come at me you Christian "geniuses".

That's what i said, people need cultural values to guide them, but not necessarily religious.
Western society in particular derives most, if not all of its values from Christianity, so in its particular case religious decay comes with society decay in general, but it's not really a universal requirement to be religious if you want to maintain a society.

>and how do you make that
Well Europe went from polytheism to monotheism, the next step is atheism. A new morality must be made and enforced, otherwise nihilism is inevitable.

Incorrect, most agnostics are philosophical perennialists without being conscious of it.

I think that halo reach was the worst entry in the series

Debate me faggot

>reach
>worse than 4,5 and 2
And yes, I do mean 2.

I don't know what that is, quiltro.

What makes humans valuable and not discardable sacks of meat in your worldview?

If you're not also an Objectivist fuck off. Literally only non-shit kind of atheist there is.

If not God, then what random magic poofed this into being?

>Do you really think life on earth spawned, magically because god, some humans derived from mud, in a big garden.

Just as likely! How do you think your mediocre insubstantial country with a razor-thin border next to more powerful countries, is still a country? Surely, not because of your disorganized, ill-equipped military or lack of national resource is a great deterrent??

Okay, how about how complex the brain is. You think natural evolution would produce a creature more intelligent or adaptable than a shark or detririvore like a crab? Why evolve when you hav everything in the sea? Or being a rat that eeats everything?

Did man's ancestors lack dead shit to scavenge, or shit to pick up off the beach and eat? Or dumb animals to brain and eat? Or grain to pick?

Why intelligence? Who needs it, evolutionary wish? We should all be zipping through schools of fish right now with gaint fangs, not falling all ovr ourselfs, naked, trying to fucking spear a meal.

You really think we went from rat-like lemurs to Stalin and Hitler in such a short geological timespan?

a rose is a rose is a rose is a rose

I don't feel like it,, you'd be way too easy to beat.

Atheists are dumb and don't understand probabilities.

Reach had a semblance of a story, mostly recycled from odst (when they had a perfectly good story to go with in the book), had to nigger rig together a retcon to fix the bullshit they invented, and brought with it armor abilities, bloom, and the first actually unbalanced matchmaking mode (invasion).

4 did some to repair the gun play and matchmaking, but really shone with the story. 5 took a step back story wise and a naive t step forwards with regards to multiplayer.

2 was just a rushed pile of crap that's only notable because it invented most of modern matchmaking

Reach had the needler carbine, and customizable armor in campaign.

If you think Halo 4 was better than Reach (actually made by Bungie), then you're a pleb with no taste.

Nigger

Bungie after halo 3 is faggot tier

How's the 8th grade?

No. Sage.

>invasion
>people actually played invasion
I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to playing as elites. I hated player 2 in Halo 3's campaign for a reason.
Only annoying thing about Reach for me was armor lock, everything else was fun. AL wasn't even that bad, just not as enjoyable to play with or against.

4 and 5 are basically fanfiction-tier stories that ruined the Forerunner lore and brought in a bunch of shitty, boring precursor guns. 2, as you said, was rushed and incredibly overrated. I still say Reach was the best of this debate, but my favorite Halo game will always be ODST. Pure kino.

youtu.be/e8MzPmkNsgU?t=796

There are a ton of atheist vs. Christian debates at universities online.

(I've never seen an atheist win though)

>How do you think your mediocre insubstantial country with a razor-thin border next to more powerful countries, is still a country? Surely, not because of your disorganized, ill-equipped military or lack of national resource is a great deterrent??

Surely because of god,right? That makes a lot of sense!

Natural evolution is unguided, we have remained as more primitive species but primates simply mutated to excell in something else.
There is no "Evolutionary wish", and mankind didn't need to evolve, but some ape was born with a bigger cortex, and this proved to be an advantage and therefore this ape reproduced more efficiently and eventually its descendants became incompatible with the former species.

We aren't sharks because our evolutinary ancestors mutated and gained the capacity to keep out of the water for some period of time, and this species was successful because there were no predators out of the water.
After they adapted to live solely on land, there was competence once more and they became more durable, faster or other things entirely.
Species do not evolve to survive, but to thrive.

Go to bed, Chile. This shit got tired years ago. You only look ridiculous.

Yeah that difference it's organized religion, the firm deep belief that we are something else beyond apes and that something else works at an universal level, therefore there's patterns to follow.

>earth is 6000000000000 years old

That comes with sapience.
Once you identify a "self", and notice that only your group can do this it's easy to assume that, since you are the only animal with that capability, someone superior placed you in this world with a purpose.

The only debate involving your kind should be the question of how long it takes for you to burn to death and if it will be either shock or suffocation that kills you.

For you, i'd say 10 years because of an arterial clog or a heart attack.

Nobody assumed that only their group did, in fact there were compiting religions.

Bakc then humans must have felt closer to animals than they are today and that closeness was a religion on itself.

Organized superior being religion had to evolve and being socially domesticated.

I know god is real because I AM GOD

I meant humanity by "their group", not a cohesive nation.

How did the universe come into being? Where did the physical laws come from? Could the entity that caused those physical laws to come into being be considered a divine force? Could the laws of physics themselves be considered a divine entity?

Humanity wasn't a thing yet, it was a part of nature and the monkey kingdoms.

That separation between humans and animals happened at some point and it created the rift between modern god figure religions and animism.

Wow he did it

Jim's the man! CHECKED!

I'll let C.S. Lewis do it for me.

Read "Mere Christianity." He says it far better than I ever could.

God’s love is different than natural human love. God loves us when we’re utterly unlovable. When Jesus died, he died for the ungodly, for sinners, and for his enemies. Paul gets at how contrary this is to human nature when he writes, “For one will scarcely die for a righteous person, though perhaps for a good person one would dare to die, but God shows his love for us in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:7–8).

Aquinas was pretty retarded desu. His arguments don't follow basic formal logic.

we got us a special one here boys

1. The death of Jesus was for his enemies.
God’s love is different than natural human love. God loves us when we’re utterly unlovable. When Jesus died, he died for the ungodly, for sinners, and for his enemies. Paul gets at how contrary this is to human nature when he writes, “For one will scarcely die for a righteous person, though perhaps for a good person one would dare to die, but God shows his love for us in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:7–8).

I'm one too, stop embarrassing yourself

2. The death of Jesus purchased a people.
The death of Christ was effective in its purpose. And its goal was not just to purchase the possibility of salvation, but a people for his own possession. Hear Jesus’s words: “All that the Father gives to me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out… And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day” (John 6:36, 39).

If we say that Christ only purchased the opportunity of salvation for all men we gut biblical words such as redemption of their meaning. John Murray writes: “It is to beggar the conception of redemption as an effective securement of release by price and power to construe it as anything less than the effectual accomplishment which secures the salvation of those who are its objects. Christ did not come to put men in a redeemable position but to redeem to himself a people” (Redemption Accomplished and Applied, 63).

3. The death of Jesus is on our behalf.
Jesus’s death was substitutionary. That is, he died in our place. He died the death that we deserved. He bore the punishment that was justly ours. For everyone who believes in him, Christ took the wrath of God on their behalf. Peter writes, “[Jesus] himself bore our sin in his body on the tree that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed” (1 Peter 2:24).

Atheists BTFO
Sodomites will burn =)

>When Jesus died
The Templars helped him fake his death.

4. The death of Jesus defines love.
Jesus’s death wasn’t just an act of love, it defines love. His substitutionary death is the ultimate example of what love means, and Jesus calls those who follow him to walk in the same kind of life-laying-down love. John writes, “By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth” (1 John 3:16). John Piper explains: “Jesus’s death is both guilt-bearing and guidance-giving. It is a death that forgives sin and a death that models love. It is the purchase of our life from perishing and the pattern of a life of love” (What Jesus Demands from the World, 266).

How do you "white" Christians deal with the fact you believe in myths invented by the very people you hate, the sandniggers?

cant expect much from a leaf

the origin of the story is not related to whether or not it is true

If not God than?

Can you chalk it up to luck? Statistics? They just HAPPENDED to just somehow decline to invade your country, or just forgot to file the date

So the human brain needed to figure out calculus, algebra, when it was a money so it could do what? Throw sticks better?

Humans are fundamentally the same as creatures that hunted animals butt-ass naked wearing furs.

So they went from creatures able to grab and bite to animals able to stab with a spear alll the sudden able to assemble a modern cargo ship, or a ICBM or alll sorts of abstract issus.

YOu think we went from blue-green algae to atomic bomb designing scientist,s just natural as fuck, an obvious conclusion. So you think modern scientists, would look at ancient earth and think "YES OF COURSE THIS SOUP OF ALGEA, THEY'LL HAVE NUKES SOMEDAY, INEVITABLY,"

The the fact we are in this discussion this idea is proof the odds are incredibly against the idea that randomness created this circumstance.

The odds you are reading this text now, by randomness is so remote, you're more likely to win the lottery using the numbers in my post.

And I bet you think extraterrestrials exist too, SAD!

go outside

5. The death of Jesus reconciles us to God.
Justification, propitiation, and redemption — all benefits of Christ’s death — have one great purpose: reconciliation. Jesus’s death enables us to have a joy-filled relationship with God, which is the highest good of the cross. Paul writes, “And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him” (Colossians 1:21–22).

Think about how this works in our relationships with other people. When we sin, not only do we hurt the person we sin against, we harm the relationship. It will never be the same until we seek forgiveness. So it is with our relationship with God. We enter this world sinful, and as a result, we’re alienated from God. Only forgiveness — forgiveness which was purchased at the cross — can heal the relationship so that we are able to enjoy fellowship with God.

Good thing even a child can see it's untrue then.

Did the rift happen when values were adscribed to each individual spirit, or when humanity placed itself before the rest of nature?

Physical laws weren't necessarily created by an entity, and laws themselves aren't an entity either.
I don't presume to know the origin of the universe or its laws, but i don't have any reason to believe in a particular version.

How do you know christ died for us? Is the death of someone who can reincarnate worth anything? How do we know he was even the son of god? Why do you claim his death was on our behalf when we did not even exist at the time?
also,
>getting a 666 while predicating christianity

For you!

What year is it?

The way we count years has nothing to do with Christianity being true. It jus happened to spread throughout the western world centuries through violence and thus the calendar became standard.

>Physical laws weren't necessarily created by an entity
Then how did they come into being?
>laws themselves aren't an entity either.
How can you say that with a straight face? It is a certain sort of object that is clearly measurable and definable in some way
>i don't have any reason to believe in a particular version.
Version of what? Reality? I'm simply asking you about fundamentally obvious facts of reality. You're a shit debater.

You first project human divinity above nature in a godlike figure and then you lost contact with anyone's else divinity, including yourself.

Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

New Living Translation
He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God.

English Standard Version
who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

Berean Study Bible
He was delivered over to death for our trespasses and was raised to life for our justification.

Berean Literal Bible
who was delivered over for our trespasses, and was raised for our justification.

New American Standard Bible
He who was delivered over because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification.

King James Bible
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

I'm an atheist too, but at least i understand that Christianity has brought morality which all of our western systems are based off of.

>We're nothing but animals

Ask yourself what makes you different than a cromagnon since comparing yourself to a fucking gazelle seems too difficult.

New International Version
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

New Living Translation
"There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God's one and only Son.

English Standard Version
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Berean Study Bible
Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Berean Literal Bible
The one believing in Him is not judged, but the one not believing already has been judged, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

New American Standard Bible
"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

King James Bible
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Anyone who believes in Him is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God.

International Standard Version
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's unique Son.

NET Bible
The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

Exbblain blease.

"Up to now, most scientists interested in the studying of DNA replication have not been apparently concerned by the problem of the origin and evolution of this central cellular mechanism. The problem of the origin of DNA is also largely ignored, with few exceptions. It is striking that recent hypotheses on the evolution of DNA replication have been proposed by evolutionists involved in comparative genomics, and not by people actively involved at the bench in the molecular study of DNA replication. The same is also true for transcription."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK6360/

They don't invade our country because they can't.
Argentina's military is pathetic, Bolivia's even more so and we don't have a reason to go to war with Peru.

Also, what's to say it couldn't have been because of chance?

>YOu think we went from blue-green algae to atomic bomb designing scientist,s just natural as fuck, an obvious conclusion. So you think modern scientists, would look at ancient earth and think "YES OF COURSE THIS SOUP OF ALGEA, THEY'LL HAVE NUKES SOMEDAY, INEVITABLY,"

What part of "evolution is unguided" did you not understand? It didn't need to do anything, nor is any result inevitable.
Mutations occur spontaneousky and with no purpose, and those that don't work die out. We can do calculus and algebra not because "monkeys needed to throw things better", but because intelligence allowed us to thrive and discover.

Also, can you give me the chances that an omnipotent being decides to create a planet and design people just because, then guides their every action without leaving any clue of its existance for thousands of years so i can compare them with the chances of inteligent life being created by chance?

Malachi 4 (NASB)

Final Admonition
4 “For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze,” says the Lord of hosts, “so that it will leave them neither root nor branch.”

2 “But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.

3 You will tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing,” says the Lord of hosts.

4 “Remember the law of Moses My servant, even the statutes and ordinances which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel.

5 “Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord.

6 He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse.”