Why is there a huge obesity epidemic in the United States and why is nothing being done to correct it?

Why is there a huge obesity epidemic in the United States and why is nothing being done to correct it?

> Why is there a huge obesity epidemic in the United States
Shit tier food.

> and why is nothing being done to correct it?
Jews can make money with selling mobility scooters.

no education

All the people in the food industry came from the tobacco industry. Americans do not know how to eat properly and are addicted to eating poorly. Also they listen to the government about nutrition. That is a bad move

Apathy and hopelessness

>Americans do not know how to eat properly

But why not? Here in Germany we get some basic education about how to eat healthy in elementary and high school. And you can take extra courses on cooking if you want, but I never did because that's stuff for girls or gays. Reading some books was enough for me.

Jews keep stuffing foreskins in my mouth and making me drink gallons of sweetened baby's blood, I dindu nuffin.

I think the reason why American become huge obesity is American have strong internal organs.
Probably most Japanese will be sick before becoming such a body.

this picture is beautiful. might actually put this on my wall

>obesity
>united states
>posts a fat canadian
Can you at least try?

When you're in a constant opiate/SSRI/meth/mood stabilizer/any combination of the aforementioned haze, who has time to notice or even care you're 300lbs?

>posts a picture of a canadian

m-m-muh free market is the main reason. If you're poor as shit, you will naturally eat the cheapest shitty food

Because while you learn about basic nutrition, the government run schools consider pizza to contain a serving of vegetables. School lunches are either terrible or are made up of stuff kids won't eat with no attempt to get them to actually eat the good food. Dad is a retard who can't cook and mom wanted a career so she has no time, so it's fast food three times a week. By the time you're grown up you don't know what food is supposed to taste like.

Plus red meat is stupidly cheap in the US. Hamburgers are our peasant food instead of relatively good things like ratatouille.

Because they eat junk food, they don't work out, they drive their car instead of walking, they watch CNN Fake News and TV garbage 24/7 and they vote Democrats.

American culture is shit.

My country is 100% garbage. Full of leftists and muslims. But at least we have the better food in the world and we use our legs to move.

This is part of it, but it's a collection of issues. Nearly all of the morbidly obese live in poor (for an American), uneducated, rural communities. Combine that with the government agricultural programs (corn subsidies -> cheap low-grade oil for foods, etc) and you have a perfect melting pot for fatties.

There are still healthy options though, so I can't forgive the individuals entirely. They're the ones who continue to make bad decisions to the point of being incapable of supporting themselves.

why do western european countries try to act like they aren't living like americans?

Phat Phuk is the stage !!

Obesity is actually way higher in red states

The decadence of a successful nation.
You literally can't do anything about it.

Hm, alright. School lunches were never a thing (at least not for me) during elementary and high school. Elementary had zero to offer, my high school had a little shop where we could buy snacks and sweets and soda, but it got shut down due to complaints of parents. University food was god tier (if you wanted), like the ultra healthy shit you get as a google employee.

But I'm aware I was really lucky, dad can't cook either but despised fast food of any sorts so we always had halfways decent stuff home cooked by my mom and grandma. Some friends of mine had the exact same experience like you, hamburgers and fries every other day, or a trip to the local McD or Pizza hut for the same reasons.

>we use our legs to move

The bigger the guy, the bigger the cock

It looks like an egg.

we got education on eating right. we were taught the food pyramid, which lists the CarbJew as the most important and plentiful group.

This

Who gives a shit

And what would YOU want done about it? Tax cuts based on weight ?

Looked up the latest food pyramid published by your govt, what the flying fuck?

I mean, in terms of readability at the very least. Here is ours.

That food pyramid is made for people who do physical labor daily or exercise the amount recommended. Grains, especially wheat are not high in fiber and so you eat more of them because they digest quickly.

With modern levels of activity we should cut down on the grains. Carbs are good for active people. They help maintain weight.

Another good point. Diet of German wood workers was completely based on Grain + Butter. It's literally what they ate every single day, sometimes a bit meat when they could afford it, and booze. And guess what? You can survive and prosper on that diet and actually need it for menial labor.

School lunch is only paste and water. It is best lunch for loyalty and production

I'm a software dev, so I sit on my ass all day long. And I barely eat grains because they only make me fat instead of more productive.

What exactly is that bottom category for?

>Implying Yankees and cucknucks are different and not the same shit-accented, 56%-tier, new world mutants who love to stuff their faces in fast food instead of glorious Anglo cuisine.

The bottom of the actual pyramid tells you to drink at least 1.5 liters per day, preferably plain mineral water. The bottom part outside the pyramid tells you to work menially or exercise 2-3 times per week for at least 30 minutes, and don't drink too much alcohol.

Yeah exactly you just need to substitute the grains with meat and veggies. Even go easy on the fruit if you sit a lot.

Meat is bad, too much fat with barely any nutritional value. Veggies are best. If you really need protein eat (non fat) curd cheese.

>implying yankees, cucknucks, and teaniggers are different and not the same shit-accented, 56%-tier, new world mutants who love to stuff their faces in fast food instead of literally anything else other than sheep guts and biscuits

Meat isn't that bad if you take out the carbs. Most veggies counteract the bad effects of meat.

High fat low carb is a meme. Too bad it didn't die with Atkins when he got his heart attack.

They really teach you that in Austria?

Disclaimer: High carb does not mean "eat sugar, goy".

Sugar Industry

Becuase if these companies start to lose money, they will be doing everything in their power for you to die of heart failure at age 24

Chlorine in water causing bodies to not absorb iodine properly.
Too many cases of supersize meals with high sugar soda. Bad food is cheap, good is expensive.
Driving a car is necessary and it leads to too little exercise.

No, we have the AMA which spreads the same bullshit memes as the German DGE.
Like "Süßigkeiten are a food, eat sparingly though :)" instead of going "don't eat garbage as a part of your regular diet, at all".

If I ran a presidential campaign I'd make obesity a large issue

because fat people make the medical industry a lot of money

No one would vote for you then

Muh fat

> it's almost impossible to find photos of fat Americans

I didn’t think of that thank you, I’m a dumbass

They are the tiny top of the pyramid and it's implied that you should eat sweets maybe once per week for fun, not more often. Try telling children that sweets are so evil that they should never eat any, good luck with that.

Low carb is good for you and you need another energy source. I'm tend to lean towards the paleo diet. Grains are not naturally a main food source. We're not adapted to wheat very well for example and suffer inflammation from gluten. The least you can do if you're not changing your diet is take some omega 3s to counteract all this inflammatory shit you're eating.

> implying that there are any British people who are not alcoholic pedophiles with bad teeth.

>muh natural
You are adapted to die at age 30 of diarrhea from drinking bad water.
Have fun with that, while I eat my potatoes.

It's what Americans drink. If you aren't drinking soda you're drinking coffee which people put tons of sugar in or alcohol which is tons of calories.

Because humans, like all other animals, evolved in a world where carbs and sugar are in limited supply. This means those that enjoyed eating sugars had a better chance of survival.
Now it is in constant ready supply, people are literally eating themselves to death.

because it doesn't involve other ppl -- well until Obama-care came into play; & honestly y should any1 but the fat-individual care about it

>I'd make obesity a large issue

Marijuana use should also be high on your list.

Lightly processed root fruits like potatoes and carrots over grain.
If grain, then unsweetened whole grain bread.
Use oil in cooking.
Use low sodium salt, it keeps the blod pressure down.
Avoid ibuprofen as pain killer, it constrains muscle cell growth.

>Shit load of money = cheap production of goods = poor people can afford 20 Big Macs
we just make fun of them and remind them they will die in their 30's

Not at all, you're adapted at least survive to 30 and have children. The majority of health problems come after 30. That's just evolution, people don't have kids at 38. Nature makes you for one purpose and after that it's mostly luck and sometimes genetics.

It isn't even the food, it's the drinks.

>they drive their car instead of walking

You can't walk in American cities as your primary mode of transport, zoning makes it to the point where it's impossible.

Who the fuck "processes" his potatoes or carrots? Carrots are awesome as raw veggies, and cooking tomatoes in a pot isn't "processing" for me, since you can't really eat them raw..

for real. there's thousands. why use a Canadian? lazy reddit users.

Obesity is literally a large issue.

kek

Fucking Atheist. God told me I was going to live to 100. How does your pathetic science reconcile that?

Explain how Jesus was able to live to 1000

>Use oil in cooking.
Either a spoon of oil (100kcal, essential fatty acids in tandem with useless fat) or 500g cauliflower (100kal, essential fatty acids, secondary plant compounds, fiber, vitamins, protein). Guess which one fills you up more.

Mashed potatoes are more processed than just boiled or raw fried.
the more you treat the raw material the faster the blood sugar spikes and causes problems.

If living to age 30 is your life goal then it doesn't matter at all what you eat.

Evolution baby. People had better genetics for health back then when environmental pressures put an emphasis on health. Now we're bred for softer living. More survive the breed becomes weak. Less survive the breed becomes strong.

It wasn't even a natural death at 30 most times. I'm not on a Savannah playing chicken with lions.

I blame the anti bullying sentiment, fatties should be bullied everyday of their disgusting blimp lives until they eat some vegetables and lose weight.

You should if you want to go full paleo.

>high risk for little gain kind of thinking

Well alright you got me. When did you get out of prison?

No, I was the one eating potatoes. Not the one saying "you should live like a caveman because muh adaption".

Or more like live how you think a caveman lived, because it's mostly memes and only a few records and shaky theories.

No one in my extended family is obese. None of my friends are obese, and no one I work with is either. There's one fat couple in my neighborhood, but other than them I don't ordinarily encounter anyone that looks remotely like the Canadian pictured. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure I could drive over to Walmart and find a fatso right now if I needed one, but I think you are exaggerating the issue.

It’s a complex issue with a multitude of problems contributing to it.

Obama was on the right track with improving children’s eating habits and cracking down on advertising shit to kids.

Blood sugar is not necessarily a bad thing, it really depends on the situation. But basically I agree with you.

>my ancestor

Fruits are the most important

Because we eat too much and exercise too little. It’s basic physics.

Fucks Sake
We figured out this guys was a fucking leaf years ago
It says toronto or motreal on the sign behind him somewhere

Not just the us
Gonna be interesting to see how healthcare works out when 1/3 children are diabetic and obese (soon). Maybe someday they'll teach actual nutrition and good health but our course is already set.

No I didn't say live like a caveman. I said eat sort of like one. Saying certain things are good for you because you're adapted to them is not the same as saying go hunt a zebra with a spear. Clearly this is a false dichotomy. Go walk around the woods some though, your mind naturally responds positively to the colors of green trees and a sky blue. I'll dig up the study on that one.

look at that, I'm using science to figure out what's good for me. Oh no but we can't have cavemen doing science.

usury

No it's 95% diet. Exercise doesn't matter as much. You have to walk an entire football field just to burn off the calories from 1 M&M.

You are cherry picking by saying you are adapted to eat meat (yet you would die if you eat carcasses and are certainly too slow to hunt anything other than insects) but not adapted to do whatever else you project onto the lifestyle on cavemen.

You can construct any kind of batshit paleo cult like that.
For example:
>Living in a heated flat is not healthy, we are adapted to live in the cold during winter.
And turn off the heating, and maybe water the walls so you get some mold, just like nature intended.
That does not mean paleo is wrong, but "muh cavemen" is certainly not an argument to it being right.

So what you're saying is... I have to live completely like a caveman or not? I'm done talking to you, you're a fucking idiot. Go back to your potatoes, you retarded fucking slav.

t. Steve Jobs

What I'm saying is you are stupid for saying "I have to eat x because cavement (allegedly) did and therefore we have adapted to it (implying this makes it healthy)". It's a chain of at least two non sequiturs, I wouldn't base my nutrition on that if I were you.

I doubt that. Germany is developing a similar obesity problem right now, just on a smaller scale '(literally lel- theres only only one really really fat guy in our neighborhood driving his scooter and everybody laughs at him). Still a "huge" problem.

Some say it's the genetics that may cause you to crave bigger portion sizes, increase in appetite etc.
most of it is either psychological/emotional problems, ignorance, or just gluttony.