I really, REALLY hope you guys aren't using je*ish operating systems

I really, REALLY hope you guys aren't using je*ish operating systems...

I really, REALLY hope you guys aren't using the (((internet))). No matter your OS or VPN, you're fucked OP. Stalllman glows in the dark.

>Stalllman glows in the dark
TAKE THAT BACK

i really hope you don't cry when you get banned in 5 minutes for posting off topic bullshit

I'm sorry OP. Search your heart; you know that it's true.

What if im using firefox tho

fucking retard, free software is a highly political movement. take your blinders back to dumblr

HaHa
I use Ubuntu
I am not a faggot

enjoy your amazon spyware lmaooooooooo

>jewish operating system
vs
>berniebro operating system

Tough choice.

>Stalllman [sic] glows in the dark
>t. larpflaggot
The guy who insists on looking at the source code for everything he does with his electronics is a CIAnigger.

We only used State sponsored system

>not using TempleOS as God intended.

KIM!

kim, you MUST release the source code of Red Star OS in its entirety, otherwise you are in violation of the GPL!

waNNACRY?

Hello
No!

I'm running Debian on one machine and Xubuntu on an other. Currently phone posting on a android phone with an open source chan app.

Kim add me on steam, bro. We can play Starcraft with Dennis Rodman.

Do you guys train using starcraft? pls respond

What the hell? Is this actually Kim Jong-un (김정은)?

>implying I should give a fuck about what OS I run when there's already a ring -3 rootkit installed by Intel (AMD has one too)
>Libreboot only runs on old as shit hardware that sucks balls
>Coreboot integrates non-free binaries for hardware wake and upstart
>ME_cleaner can strip TXE and the ME firmware but there are still modules left over like the BUP and KERN, which the latter provides a kernel, scheduler, and low level APIs so the thing can reinstall itself whenever
>Linux with systemd is a shitshow (fuck you Pottering) and without systemd it's hobbyist trash
>BSDs are all shit except OpenBSD which has no software and FreeBSD which is bloated and stupid with a community likes to smell its own farts
>Haiku OS is in its infancy still and nightlies are buggy as fuck
>React OS is the same as Haiku OS but with more software compatibility
>Mac OS X is trash for faggots and kids that's using bash 3 still and homebrew is a shit package manager
And so what am I stuck with now? Windows 7 is trash and support is getting dropped and I don't want Windows 10 Pro or whatever with candy crush, so I use Enterprise N LTSB 2016, and it works ok. I just don't care anymore.

1. Stallman is literally a jewish communist.

2. "Free sofware" is used to extract free work out of developers and to excuse unmaintained software.

3. All major free software foundations (Linux Foundation, Gnome, KDE, Mozilla, Document Foundation) have been founded or subverted by liberal and/or communist jews.

This, except I just use Win 10 Pro Failed Creation Update. Gotta have the latest and greatest emojis.

Ever wonder why Intel, who made their money in the CPU market, suddenly started making network cards? It's because the ME requires a compatible network adapter to phone home, and you can't stuff a driver for every network card ever made into a tiny portion of the motherboard that's trying to hide itself.

So, realistically speaking, you can get around the ME botnet by simply using a network adapter that isn't associated to Intel in any way.

Then you just need a non-cucked operating system and you're set

The ME can also set up an emulated serial interface for remote keyboard and mouse input through AMT, so it could theoretically act as a keylogger. It can also hook into the OS network stack. So really, any way you look at it, you're fucked.

>It can also hook into the OS network stack
If this is true, they would only target the most popular operating systems, because they have a very limited amount of room on the ME. I highly doubt this functionality works for all configurations of the linux network stack in the current and previous kernels.

kinda confused here, using a MBP with LinuxMint
> what do?

>being a lincuck

hallmark of a retard

Use an operating system which respects your freedom

>filename
Kek. Thanks user.

Ever been running Ubuntu or RHEL and gotten updates for CPU microcode? Those packages are processed through the ME, which acts as trusted hardware to perform the firmware installation. There's an Intel ME driver for Linux that can communicate with the ME, which is ring -3, while the kernel has no greater than ring 0 access. Think about that for a moment.

I mean run whatever OS you like, but don't run something on modern Intel hardware and be under the illusion that it provides any additional security outside of your kernel, userland, and apps. Everything below that is compromised, which means the whole thing is compromised if someone can access the ME. There was also a debacle recently where the Intel execs were rolling around crying and shitting themselves because some independent security researchers got full USB JTAG access from the OS.

>I don't understand operating systems beyond names and branding: the post

I understand the part about microcode updates, but I'm pretty sure these updates come from Intel directly meaning that they still have to prioritize which OS network stacks to hook into. Sure, they get the common ones like Win7 and Win10, but I doubt they will account for many versions and configurations of the linux kernel.

As for the recent JTAG access discovery, something like that would only be exploitable locally.

I agree that the ME is a problem, but I think you can be reasonably secure with a non-Intel network card and an uncommon OS (like linux or openbsd)

The big problem is that you just don't know, and the ME firmware has a lot of wiggle room for adding more stuff. For example, my laptop (Lenovo X230) has two concatenated flash chips. One is 8MB and holds the BIOS while the other is 4MB just for the ME firmware, and the ME firmware (in an unconfigured state) after the recent patch is only using like 1.5MB of it. So this thing has like 2MB of onboard ROM to store whatever the hell it likes in there.

>As for the recent JTAG access discovery, something like that would only be exploitable locally.
Nope, not since it's from the OS level. They were doing firmware dumps straight from Windows with it. It can be access remotely, which is why it's such a huge deal. There have been a few local exloits found before but nothing on this level.

Am using parabola with my libre booted thinkpad x61. Those j*ws can't touch me. :^)