Evangelion Symbolism

Can any of you f/a/gs tell me what the meaning behind this image from the OP is?

I can't but bumb

It's an angel

It's Volcorona

That's just an angel as described in the Bible. I don't remember where it appears, but I think it's supposed to be a seraphim.

Thanks boyo

ITS PIKACHU

The meaning is Adam smoked a bunch of weed before coming up with designs of the angels

If I'm correct this is the referenced image; I believe it's suppose to be a Seraph.

It's a Seraph. Don't know what the significance in Eva is but there's a lot of biblical imagery thrown around for no reason.

HeH.

who cares? Evangelion has loads to talk about without touching any of that shit.

There was no meaning to it just like the rest of the judeo-christian imagery, it was just to look cool. This doesn't mean the series is shit or has no meaning though, people seem to have an issue separating the two

Generic christian inspired art that really means nothing.

That's actually Jewish, but it's really academic, considering the similarities of the angels of the two.

It's the highest ranking angel a Seraph but with an NGE style angel mask on it, looks radical

That is a seraphim with an angel "mask" instead of it's typical 4 heads, consisting of a lion, ox, hawk and an honest man.

>that's actually Jewish

Before the church started cutting shit out of the old testament it was all a part of Christianity.

I count 12 wings. So Is this not supposed to be a deity based on the wings number?

iirc seraph use 2 wings to cover their legs, 2 to cover their body, and 2 to cover their head, as their radiance would incinerate anyone that looks upon them, and the other 6 are for flying

That's iconography not symbolism. Not that people who complain about symbolism in NGE know the difference.

Its actually in the Bible
Just pointing out that it's originally Jewish
Think before you post

Looks like a Seraph with double the wing count and with an Ophanim eye thing going on.

It's a Cherub, but with only 1 head.
The eyes on the wings are distinctive, and their number of wings isn't specifically 6 like the Seraphim.

Cherubim don't have eyes on their wings. Ophanim have eyes on their entire bodies, though.

Could be an error as the example posted has eyes on it's wings.

that sounds more like its a stylistic choice cus it was cool than trying to match any sort of angel category 100% of the way

Seraphs are angels, it's a show about angels attacking, and a song about a cruel angel... It's not rocket science.

Western works that use biblical imagery are usually using it for more than just aesthetic purposes and that cultural expectation trips people up. Especially in something that invites analysis like Eva.

>their radiance would incinerate anyone that looks upon them
God-mode Rei has 12 spread out wings, and people indeed got eradicated.

its why shes the best