What is the reason for most manga/anime to not have proper conclusions? Especially romance ones. Is it a cultural thing...

What is the reason for most manga/anime to not have proper conclusions? Especially romance ones. Is it a cultural thing? The only "recent" show that had a proper conclusion was toradora.

I would understand open ended unconcluded relationships in anime with its manga counterpart having the conclusion, the typical way of promoting sales, but usually even the manga doesn't resolve squat.

I can't wrap my head around it, surely it can't be that hard to give a romance manga/anime a conclusion. Right now the only ones that seem to get conclusions are massive harem series which basically revolve around "who wins the MC bowl?".

Is Japan simply gay?

Your image is more recent than Toradora and has a conclusive ending

> The only "recent" show that had a proper conclusion was toradora
Please fucking watch more anime.

Anime without a conclusion are made to promote the Manga/Light Novel.

You can blame the death of original anime. Most romance shows come from LNs now. If you're not a top seller you don't get S2.

>conclusive
The author had to censor the ending so much that the "conclusive ending" was only hinted at in an interview.

I am right though, out of all the romance series toradora is one of the few that actually has an ending that isn't halfassed. You can give the show a lot of flack for a lot of things, and I personally don't like the show, but at least the relationships conclude in a somewhat logical and coherent way.

Most other stuff is Tempest levels of "why the fuck did it conclude like that?".

It's called being stupid, and you suffer from a serious case of it.

And at the entirety of volume 12 and the 3 after stories, sure, nothing conclusive.

>volume 12
>conclusive
It was censored to be ambigious and the most the author could do was hint at the proper ending in an interview.

Censoring the imouto ending because "can't have muh incest" in a series that had been aiming for the imouto end from the title onwards is hardly a "proper conclusion". It's a cop out.

>the hotel night
>the 3 months living like lovers
>the marriage
>"now let's break up like we promise"
>Kyousuke break the promise and kiss her
The only thing the author did was to clarify a discrepancy which was what the hell happened that made Kirino react the way she did since the only thing the LN gave us was an OBVIOUS SFX, I'm sorry you are as dense as an harem MC. Now that I think about it it might have been Fushimi classy way to trick the publisher into actually public his ending..

Most LN authors are shit. Most novels need tension. Because LN authorsare shit the tension in their romance stories always relies on the same principle: there is more than one love interest. The tension only works if both love interests are somewhat viable. Once you have established all this in your shitty LN you can't do anything without disappointing people, some people reading want to see pairing X, others want to see pairing Y. Since people will literally stop buying volumes if they think their pairing has become "impossible" it is safer to just half ass a conclusion in the last paragraph of your last volume while you string the audience along for the ride of the previous 14 volumes.

Toradora works because the tension relies on her being a tsundere bitch for various reasons. The pairing is obvious from start to finish, you are watching to see how they arrive there.

In oreimo the tension derives from Kirino being tsundere and besides that MC's sister. The pairing here is again extremely obvious and you are again just watching to see how they arrive there. However in this case the editors chickened out of the incest ending.

Tldr
More than 1 love interest makes for easy writing but shitty concluding.

Possible sequels, i.e. ¥¥¥.

The hotel night in which nothing happens
The 3 months of living like lovers described as exactly that, not a word more.
The marriage which was make belief.
The kiss on the cheek.

It was painful to read, you could almost see the editor telling the author an incest ending would be no bueno and the volume would not be published unless toned down to relatively normal levels.

Will Sup Forums ever not be mad about the premonition ending?

Oreimo ending rather

Show me the moment it was implied that the kiss was in the cheek and you will have a point. Aside of that you are full of bullshit or actually trying this hard to convince yourself of this set idea you have in your mind.
>The marriage which was make belief.
I think I will take my words back and just say you are full of bullshit, I'm sorry.

>Defending that copout ending with a "read between the lines!!"
I don't like you.

> The only "recent" show that had a proper conclusion was toradora
>I am right though
No, you aren't. Cross Game. There, you're wrong.

>samefagging
I don't like you.

life is unreasonable.

Show me the moment where their relationship proceeds to be anything more than a declaration of love followed by a mock wedding nobody witnessed, and even then it all gets thrown in the trashcan after 3 months.
>b-b-but it is implied!
Neck yourself, the relationship is implied in the fucking title from vol1 to vol 12, I don't need to read 12 volumes to figure out where the author is implying the plot is heading. Yet I am giving exactly that, an implication in volume 12, in fact the title is more implicit about the nature of their relationship than anything said at the end of vol12.

To be fair though, you are now watching a show about snoreball containing 50 episodes, you are quite likely running the risk of being more bored than simply going to a live snoreball game.

>a mock wedding nobody witnessed
So the millions of people reading the LN is nobody, or you will bring up every single instance where there wasn't witnesses in a scene which make say scene non-existent? What kind of complain is that?
>Show me the moment where their relationship proceeds to be anything more than a declaration of love
The hotel night??? I mean, think whatever you want, the point it's not what happened but how their relationship changed after that point, they finally left in the past all her doubts and started a relationship which lasted for 3 months in which was MORE than implied what happened. "Together with my girlfriend" "Let's love little sister!", Kirino new approach on how to become a proper girlfriend, that wasn't enough for you? This is not "that kind" of series, there is no need for a whole page of how Kyousuke made love to Kirino or the positions he liked, because aside of that, I have no fucking clue what are you asking for more, it was the perfect conclusion in a more than clever way to describe it. And of course, and this doesn't need even a mention, everything else that happened after Kyosuke broke the promise.

Oh, I forgot to mention, you are the one implying things that never happened, so you are the one that must prove his point, not me, just saying in case you try to bring back up the kiss, there wasn't any implication of the kiss being anywhere, except Kirino reaction of Kyosuke breaking the promise which was to go back to being normal siblings, hey, on top of that you got Kirino talking about their new Life Counseling they share now. You are complaining about implications, yet there's so much going on, that it's hard to believe you actually believe what you're saying.