Why don't US citizens just call themselves Yankees instead of Americans?

>Historically connected with the United States
>Those with ancestry can be called native Yankees
>We have a song about it
>Makes more sense than 'American' since anyone on the American continent can be called an American
It literally makes more sense for our demonym to be Yankee

Yankee is fighting words south of the mason dixon line, son

Maybe "unistateners"

It's been around since before Dixie.

>Why don't US citizens just call themselves yankees
Might have something to do with that war between yankees and dixies where half the population died and lead to 45,000 million feral niggers

>implying the rest of the americas is relevant enough to call themselves "americans"

American here, from New England

I unironically don't know what a Yankee is, besides the baseball players. I'm guessing I'm not in the minority either, so that probably answers your question OP.

Don't be surprised if they start pushing shit like that. The first thing the Jews do is the changing of language. Instead of calling us a Republic we're called a Democracy, day in and day out we're told anyone can be an American, we already have this so called "dreamer" problem and now people are saying we are all dreamers. Yankee just really fits because not everyone can be a Yankee

>He doesn't know what a Yankee is and he's from the United States
Get out, even the bongs know what a yank is

>I unironically don't know what a Yankee is
Yankees are women who come to get drunk and whore themselves in our vacation towns, and guys who are economic refugees who un ironically vote for the same blue polititians they were running down south from

Then maybe you should move to bongland and get blown up with them if they're so great

It's something the brits called us so they could distinguish Americans from Brits

>In refference to the Colonies during the US revolution, rebel scum were Yankees, and loyalists were known as Cucknadians...I mean Canadians...Cucknadians

nice confederate flag

fun fact, there was strong loyalist sympathy in the southern colonies at the time of the revolution (carolinas, georgia, etc). anti crown sentiment was stronger in the mid atlantic and northeast

Because FUCK THE YANKEES! Go SOX!

Learn your history. I bet your a Canadian on vacation

>>Makes more sense than 'American' since anyone on the American continent can be called an American
They can be, in the same way that anyone in Europe can be called European.

But name one other country with the word America in its name. I'll wait.

I mean you can really say that about anyone
Anyone in Asia can call themselves Asian but they don't just as people in Europe don't call themselves European they say what country they're from.
It's just so we can have a proper name for ourselves.

I'm a long suffering red voter from CT, if I ever move down south I promise not to cuck up your politics.

Because it's only a word that applies to people from the Northeast. The only people that call all Americans "yanks" are ignorant foreigners. Good thing no American cares what foreigners think or say.

But there is no such thing as the "United States of Asia" so we don't have a group that we can call "Asians" or that have called themselves "Asians" for a significant period of history.

Now with the EU, we can properly call citizens of EU member states "European". If the EU is successful in completely erasing the sovereignty and culture of its members "European" will become an accepted demonym for them just as "American" is for us.

'Yankee' has too much history to it. It's a new world, user, America isn't the old America. No-one would feel comfortable calling a Somalian refugee 'Yankee', and the Somalian would reject it. You have to accept the end of Yankee privilege.

/fails at trolling

>Is a Yank
>Doesn't know who Yankees are
Top Yank, m8; unless you're a shitskin, then you need to go back

>Because it's only a word that applies to people from the Northeast.
Only important and most American part

Why don't you just kys my dude

Everyone North of Kentucky is a Yankee, everyone south is a American.

Why do Jewish shills feel the need to deracinate everything.

The people in the south were mostly just farmers, they didnt interact with the British every day or they needed the protection against the Indians. Makes sense that they either supported the British or just didn't care, and Georgia was a penal colony so of course the people in charge there were more loyalist.

You pay taxes to the Northern government.

You submit to the Northern President.

You identify as an American.

Face it, you're a yankee.