What a fucking awful ending...

What a fucking awful ending. I could've maybe overlooked it if he didn't add in that unnecessary room of truth scene just to rub in reika's death Fucking retarded deus ex machina bullshit just because the author is a taefag. I assume this was the general consensus during its initial run

better than bleach

Room of Truth was great. Fight me, faggot.

Kuruno clone deserved happiness. Reika was the bravest and most badass girl and she deserved happiness. Tae is a fuck nugget stalker and 5 years from now Kuruno will kill himself for settling out of feeling guilty. Fucking faggot manga.

I want to fuck Reika.

I just marathoned GANTZ during weekend. It feels like there's a huge void in between the Osaka mission and what happens after that. There was so much more that could've been done before rushing into apocalypse like that.

I don't get how you would think Gantz was bad. One hallmark of a good media is if it made the audience feel the intended emotions their works portray, and Gantz definitely did that.

You're probably a reikafag.

It's the general consensus. Although I personally feel that ending was more rushed more than anything.

Even when it started to get kinda meh in the second half of Osaka arc, I still couldnt stop reading. I had already resigned myself to the fact that it wont ever be as hype as the laser beam buddha, but it was still good. Then he just fucking murders Reika for no good reason. We dont even get some gruesome, memorable scene. Just this panel and all of a sudden shes dead on the ground. FUCK YOUUUU OKU. At least show her going full retard and taking out the alien by herself. Dont just skip to the drama and tears because you realize you have to end the thing in two volumes.

Osaka arc was great even in the second half. While there's no problem in Reika dying, I do feel that a lot of development was skipped for it. I felt that Oku just got sick of Gantz as soon as I saw how short the remaining timer for apocalypse was when Nishi first exposed it. We have so many manga that were ruined because it's been forcefully extended, but Gantz is like the direct opposite of that.

Naw. Kurono is guaranteed to live for another 30-40 years. He's not meant to be reborn until Reika's next reincarnation is a grown adult and she gives birth to him. Same with original Kishimoto.

Their life cycle is basically explained by the room.
Reika = mom/creator figure. She created a Kurono in this one and then gives birth to him on the next one.
Tae = lover figure. She's with Kurono now, and when he's reborn, she won't be her sister, but Kishimoto will be. So she will his lover in the next life.

That's because you probably didn't like Nishi and just ignored everything he said.

The dude basically went on and on about how pointless everything they are doing is.

999 times out of 1000 Tae is raped and killed by a giant cricket. Author is filthy taefag and so he finds a way to jerryrig them together. God im so mad. It was an awesome ride though. Considering it started in 2000 its pretty ahead of its time even.

True, the ending was disappointing. I would have much preferred to leave the things a bit more obscure or to have Sebastian be the only god/devil entity and to have everything happening be just him warping the reality for his own amusement in a kind of a devil's playground.

And not only is the explanation of the whole mystery disappointing, I feel like we did not get a proper closure for most of the main cast who survived, either.

That said, I absolutely loved 90% of the manga. The undiluted mayhem, misanthropy, moral questioning, action set-pieces, ultra violence, characters, tragedy, I adore it all.

>calling Tae a stalker even though Reika was the one so obsessed with Kurono's dick she cloned his ass.

yeah, the lack of follow up is pretty lame.

It was underwhelming, sure, but I didn't really mind the ending itself. On the other hand:

What was the fuckin point in vampires btw? Were they just something that Oku threw in to spice things up with no real thinkahead?
Also cherry vs that german alien\psychic gut was a missed oportunity.
And they never eleborated on the fact that cherry's teacher also seems to have cleared the game at some previous point, similar to Izumi.

I still laugh when I think about the scene where Kurno revived Nishi instead of Kishimoto. I guess she did have her alternate already walking around, but still, I was sure she was coming back. Guess thats what happens when you freeload off a guy for that long and then friendzone him. Bitch's soul got denied over a murderous sociopaths'.

The only way I think the ending could have worked is if the God aliens basically reset everything at the end after the reunion at the beach. Really brings home the "video game" feel of it all and it would tie into a line Nishi said about it "happening again" to Izumi.

Also Reika was best girl.

I don't think it was ever really about getting an explanation. I figured that the moral was
>Even in a completely nihilistic reality, fighting aliens to save the world while everybody is chanting your name is still pretty cool.

The relationship choice of Tae was fine, what tested everyone as we waited by the month was no development because of her. We wanted a Gantz type battlefield space arc, not save my waifu from the big city.

There couldn't have been more than 20 of us actively hitting Gantz monthly threads for 4-5 years because of Tae. Lots of people gave up, but funny thing is, something like Endless8 is more memorable since it took 2 months to kill an entire franchise.

I'll commend people who have taken a year with Prison School, but following HxH & Berserk is full on retarded.

So are reikafags the majority here on Sup Forums? I thought the fact that she basically cloned kurono made her despicable.

Why would she clone his ass if she wanted his dick?

Everyone in Gantz was despicable.
Only Kei's schoolmate, old man, muscle rider and the kid were truly beyond reproach. Maybe cherry and sensei.

>implying the first thing I would do after reaching 100 points wouldn't be ''reviving myself''
>implying my clone wouldn't want to do the same, and race to see who's first at ''reviving'' another one of us (me?)
>implying my goal wouldn't be a entire team of gants made of myself
and in our (my?) free time each clone could follow a different job (one artist, one salesman, one doctor etc)

Pretty much this.
Kurono clone with Reika should have lived. Fucking Tae-whore and old Kurono turned to a pussy licker were the worst protagonists ever.

So, you're mostly salty because your ship died? WTF, I love the Gantz ending now.

The ending kinda felt as if the show was axed, or the author lost interest.

Also, revealing what the Gantz game is all about kinda killed the suspense.

How can you forget about the panda

Problem with that ending is that it wasn't the aliens that added all that video game stuff. Unironically speaking, the Room of Truth is exactly how I imagined aliens that created the Gantz weaponry to act.

Mostly yes. But when I think about it, its more the way she died. Really I would have been okay with the entire thing if he just drew what actually happened during the fight. I mean she dies to save the love of her life in a last act of pure emotion, and he gives us a fucking time skip to her corpse. I couldn't get two pages of her doing something cool to save Kuruno? Shit sucked man. Still loved every minute of it, but damn, Im mad.

Reika did nothing wrong.

Everything from apocalypse clock onwards was shit.
Yurop mission was shit.

Oku would never admit it, but i steadfastly believe that he had a whole other plan on where to take this manga, one that he for some reason suddenly scrapped.

Vampires are probably an artifact of a "deleted" plot.
Notice how Oku hastily dropped a bus on Kurono's brother, then quickly put the Vampires on a bus, phasing them out of the story, bar two tiny cameos.

Truly the best man friend

I just think the vampire arc was rushed just like the invading alien arc to end the manga

was mentioned why the editor wanted to end it anyway? why not find another magazine to publish in

Probably because the ending was already 2+ years past its original end date. It was way too late to stop it already.

and was gantz not making money? why stop?

KEEEI KUUUN

It was retarded.
>all of your gods and religions are shit and doesn't exist
>wait, we're buddhist actually

I would have made an army of Reika.

Hardly. Both were on the same level of garbage.

>because you realize you have to end the thing in two volumes.

And he still manages to take forever on american team vs fighter giants and people all over the world crying for Kurono. I just re-read it and this last part was so full of garbage.

Panda just disappeared at some point, right?

So what was Gantz made for?
I forgot
Killing alien refugees?

Well, both Kuronos were okay with it, so I -really- don't see the problem. I mean literally every party involved was happy with that thing, and with how the Gantzverse works ethics and morality are basically pointless. Cloned Kurono even cared for her enough to die for her and be primed to be reincarnated close to her.

It´s KEEEEI CHAAN, you filthy casual.

The ending tasted like 5 day old spaghetti... It wasn't served well.

I want to watch the 2016 movie
I have no netflix and no way to pay for something online where can I get it? no torrents in pirate ba have green skull

As someone who buys blu-rays, what are the chances that Gantz O will get a US release?

>Using the pirate bay to torrent anime
Lurk more
learn to use the archives

what do you mean "the archives"?
are you referring to the Sup Forums archives(websites that save Sup Forums threads)?
so there is a link in some old archived thread that has where to download the movie?
or are you referring to other type of archive?

Fuck off.

Reika is the best.

> I follow HxH AND Berserk

T-thanks

yes
hell if I know, I'm saying to search the archive for where to torrent anime. When you have a question check the archives first, someone surely already answered it before.
I guarantee you the movie is available on Sup Forums's favorite site.
or you could just stream it.

> I thought the fact that she basically cloned kurono made her despicable.

She deserved some happiness, the clone was fine with it too so nobody suffered. Well, until Oku felt like being an ass.

Basically. Alien refugees come to earth and disguise themselves as statues and shit so rich guys can enjoy watching dead people shoot and kill them or get killed.

This guy.

>anime virtual attacking
nothing personnel kid

Yes. He was killed in the italian mission off-screen.

Aside from that, The invasion arc is that bad. It's worth a re-read because you don't have to wait a month to see KEI CHAN TAE CHAN. If you just marathon these chapters it honestly isn't that bad.

>The invasion arc ISN'T that bad.*

Anyone else reading Gantz:G? It's a spin off by Oku but drawn by his pupil.

It's honestly not bad for a few reasons. It's a prequel so none of that rule-changing shit mid way of the manga and it's bad to good ol ordinary missions and splice of life.

I like not Kurono female, the way she learned to use the suit to practice was pretty good.

Yeah, I also enjoyed Not-Nishi and Not-Chinese Izumi.
I thought they were going to be your typical psychopaths but they are actually pretty based. They told the participants what was the deal and they even offered to train them on their free time.

It begins to get beyond terrible when K2's group fights the weird ass monsters in the abandoned area.
Before that it's fine, yeah, but Tae gets really fucking unbearable after the 10th time she survives a situations that kills everyone else around her.
> meanwhile Sakurai's gf dies offscreen at the start of the arc and Reika dies also offscreen after the first scene focused on her

The difference of plot armor between those three makes it even worse.

Yeah it's not bad, like a slightly worse version of early Gantz but still good
Too bad it got cancelled the other week

why was there never a brief introduction for the players or even a few notes telling them how to use guns or operate the suit

>Too bad it got cancelled the other week
Wait, what?

Yeah the next chapter is suppose to be the final one

it's a pity what happens to them, but then this is Gantz

Oh what the fuck.

The guys who made the games are asses.

Author was just mad as fuck that Reika was leagues better than Tae and nobody fucking likes the dumpy Tae.

Also one of the mangas that took a nosedive in quality so fast that its ridiculous.

4 Eyes used to to be Bully Aliens. Then they targeted Nerd Aliens. Nerd Aliens beat them back hard with Gantz tech. So hard Bully Aliens left and never returned. Bullies then scheme to bully other lifeforms.

Nerd Aliens are still very salty about being invaded (but not rustled enough to actually do something themselves) and send out instructions about how to make Gantz tech via Space Radio throughout the universe to anything capable of receiving the signal. Potato Whisperer can hear the signal and the Germans profit. Most of the Game targets were just aliens chilling and enjoying being worshipped by humans as deities throughout history until Gantz decided to use them as training dummies.

Gantz Games are simply training exercises for any species to be able to drive out Bully Aliens. Through this program, Nerd Aliens became the ultimate Bully Aliens bullies.

Seriously ? Fuck, I was eager for more Gantz

>it made the audience feel the intended emotions their works portray
Frustration with pointlessly bad writing? Disgust at the laughable photoshop work?

Lurk for two years before posting, newfag piece of shit.

This is how I feel after just finishing it this weekend. Fucking Taefag scum couldn't even give reika an on screen death or some cool final battle but we get an entire volume of KEI CHAN. Fucking cancer, I was devastated.

People saying Kei was a faggot for not choosing Reika over Tae should re-read that part. Tae may have become unbearable in the last arc but before that her character and their relation was pretty well done.

Kei going for Reika over Tae would have been utterly out of character.

Yes. It's not about Reika being better than Tae or not (or Tae "viewing him as juste a normal guy"), it was about the fact he already had Tae and he didn't want to make her suffer. He didn't really had any emotional attachment to Reika either (comparable to Tae), hence why it felt all the more wrong.

The clone thing was the perfect outcome to please everyone really.

Tae is disgusting, obsessive, ugly, and worthless in combat and Kei realistically barely knew her, she just got him off first.
Reika is talented, obsessive, beautiful, and a warrior.

Maybe Kei liking her is in character but that was what ruined the series. Kei became such a pathetic bitch that he chose worthless bitch Tae over a supermodel warrior goddess just because he fucked Tae once.

There wasn't anything really wrong with Tae and their relation before the katastrophe arc.

I wonder how many people besides me find this scene extremely arousing.

What a retarded plot! I guess I should have known not to trust a manga by anyone named Oku. And it was such a fun manga shen I just started reading it...

*other user*

>...
>*other user*
Fuck off.

Still better than ME3 ending

Wut?

>suddenly vampires
lmae as fuck desu

Gantz was good, but overall it was shitty.

>Well, both Kuronos were okay with it, so I -really- don't see the problem.
That was shit writing and you don't see the problem because you really want Kurono, read you, to fuck Reika. Oku knew and at that point he stopped giving a shit completely

To be fair, everything was shit on the katastrophe arc.

I didnt mind the development once the relationship got going, but the way it started was pretty stupid.

Well, that was the point, he didn't date her at first because he liked her.

>Kei even had an out after they were respawned with no memory of eachother
>when he remembered, he could have let her go, realizing being in the Gantz game put her in grave danger and even got her killed once
>Then realize that super hot idol who also kicks ass is already both in the Gantz game and wants the K

>Reikafags still crying

I'm so glad the author blew you faggots the fuck out

I'm still upset that Kishimoto didn't really get any closer. The only guy she likes is now with another girl who sacrificed herself for him.

>Reika was the bravest and most badass girl

By the way is the new Gantz manga any good?

So good it's cancelled