Trigger

What went wrong with Trigger?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kengo1212/status/835436147463467009
youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More people means better animation and higher quality due to extra quality checking processes.

It shows. Maid Dragon isn't really any special at all.

People too much faith in a studio with a batting average of .250.

Nothing

Kyoanus probably has similar positions but doesnt just give staff any credit

I blame Netflix.

Maybe inexperience?
I don't know about everyone on that list but KyoAni's been doing this for longer than I am old and Trigger has what, 10 or so shows in 5y?

I imagine Trigger has a much more strained and messy schedule which they compensate for with man-power.

slavery

>comparing the goddess of animation to a fledgling studio like Trigger
Not even fair desu

Producer-san said they were behind schedule.

A combo of falling behind schedule and having to outsource production

It could also lead to a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation.

Yeah, like with Yuri on Ice.

Successful kikestarter.

>chinks and gooks

I once watched a 20 minute video of a redditor arguing that underpaid chink outsourcing proves that defining anime as a Japanese cartoon doesn't make sense and therefore Avatar the Last Airbender and RWBY are anime, in between offering promotions for crunchyroll.

I hate anime fans.

Nothing?

Avatar isnt anime since it has good animation and it looks western.

Episode 9 was outsorced, so that's why there's so much supervision.

Is Trigger going to bother doing anything great, or will they continue with mediocre/deliberately shit stuff like Kiznaiver?

Will Kyoani put his glorious animation skills to good use and make an action anime or will they keep pushing their SoL bullshit forever?
The closest they've come was with KnK and Musaigen, but in the end they both were awful stories.

He has already made well animated action shows.

Is the Trigger side supposed to be bad? It's like kid's play compared to most other anime. Have you guys ever looked at the staff listing on of a Mappa, Wit or JC Staff show?

>KnK
>awful
fuyukai desu

It's not Trigger specifically, this is just a matter of how Tokyo-based productions tend to end up compared to KyoAni.

Why is it always action anime that people want KyoAni to do? And why are you arbitrarily discounting KnK and Musaigen?

Usually with anime it means the opposite, it's a sign of poor planning and needing more people to finish the job.

Because the only people who want Kyoani to do something different are kids from Sup Forums.

Trigger says they want to be like Kyoani but they still outsource everything.

Sad!

Aside from 4 or 5 scenes, LWA looks worse that Maidragon

>Tightly knit équipe of people who have been working together for 5 years vs a revolving door studio in Tokyo
Wow so hard to understand the difference.

>twitter.com/kengo1212/status/835436147463467009
Dunno mate, their workplace seems pretty chill to me.

They have already done great stuff, shitposter. Fuck off.

>great stuff.
A series done a decade ago under another studio and a good OVA letdown by a mediocre continuation is nothing to write home about.

At least they need to fucking learn how to make their SoL actually fucking funny or interesting. Maiddragon is a step in the right direction, but most of their anime is just fucking snoozeville

Chink and gook outsourcing doesn't really take much of the production in the average anime, I'd say somewhere around 15 to 20%. Only endless shows like Dragon Ball or shit like that tend to have a majority of the outsourcing done overseas, but even then the key positions are still being filled by someone in Japan. Anime is animation MAINLY produced in Japan.

KyoAni does everything in house, and usually animates the series in advance of airing.

This is not how normal anime production works.

Are Korean artists more of a western thing?

Yeah, that's my point. This guy was trying to argue that the definition of anime that people use is broken because it's not a 'Japanese cartoon' if it's outsourced partly to China and Korea. He made this argument so he could claim anime is a 'movement' that includes Avatar, RWBY, and Steven Universe. It was cancer.

>Kyoani
>a 36 year-old studio
>160 staff members
>owned multiple buildings

vs.

>Trigger
>a 5 year-old studio
>with only 60 staffs
>who lived in 1 floor of a building in Tokyo

Next thing you're going to compare a small local fish restaurant to McDonalds. Go work on your inferiority complex somewhere else, studiofaggot.

Trigger = dirty burger stand in the middle of a sidewalk

Kyoani = Local family restaurant with delicious food and fresh ingredients

Sunrise, Toei, Perriot, etc = McDonalds garbage

Did you even look at the OP post? Trigger side is full of fucking Korean names. They're rushing to get animation cuts done. Poor planning, I agree with

Food analogies = retarded

McChicken is the best fast food sandwich.

Good job for missing the point.

Kyoani had a 36 years head start.

Does this mean the Simpsons is Korean animation

Trigger's side looks like any random TV anime. Not even nearly as bad as anything produced by Wit, JC Staff or Mad House. It's you don't ever look at the credits or anything. Hell, the staff for Kiznaiver episode 9 looked "worse".

By this guy's logic, yeah.

It ain't even chicken.

Have you seen that chart with Key Animators and YOI having the most?

>36 years head start
KyoAni's first work was back in 2003 or in 2000 when InuYasha started. Everything prior is not of any significance.

Quarter Pounder is the best fast food sandwich.

youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q

Good taste.

Disney - 5 Star Over Seas restaurant you can only afford once in a lifetime

Anime must be ultra-boring right now if studiowar-threads keep happening.

They're called KyoAnus for a reason.

To be fair, one is a two cour anime while the other is one cour. It's really not a fair comparison from the start

This is the same bullshit as silicon valley silly pictures. You get some random photos of employees playing with nerf guns or some shit when in reality its a shit job. This is the same thing.

Anime is pretty boring right now. The next episode of GodAni's latest masterpiece is 21 hours away and Koe no Katachi's BD isn't out yet.

>Everything prior is not of any significance

Oh fuck off. All those decades of gaining experience, gathering industry knowledge, building the brand name, making new connections, farming talents and you're telling me that those are useless.

Why would i lie? I'm a Triggernigger, i know what i'm talking about. They seem pretty lax to me.

>faming talents
Most of the people who continue from the early days are business people
The main creative talents at KyoAni working right now came in the 2004-2009 era. The same era that the Trigger team formed. Even half of their series directors come after 2005.

Kyoani has more women. Women are more competent than men.

>putting the hood up indoors

The most talented animators like Kigami are from that era. You can't tell me that these old guards aren't seminal to the growth of the studio, fuck you.

>Most of the people who continue from the early days are business people

And those business people must be of no use, right? But oh look, Kyoani has one of the most solid business practices in the industry. Business people are totally not useful at all.

Now defend how a small studio in Tokyo should be compared to them to begin with.

He just wants to be comfy.

>All those filters
Kyoani is up to surpass itself.

Are you one?

Hand drawn animation is still an ungodly grind that will turn your bones to dust. It's fun when you're young, but the older you get the less youth you have to burn.

I can't imagine what someone in their late 30's or 40s would feel like. No amount of plastic shit on your desk can replace being able to relax on weekends or seeing your family.

>tfw no studio will ever be as good as KyoAni

>No amount of plastic shit on your desk can replace being able to relax on weekends or seeing your family.
Or even having a family to begin with.

No one has passion for animation anymore.

>No amount of plastic shit on your desk can replace being able to relax on weekends or seeing your family

The toys and figures are his family.

Why do people care about this shit? I just watch whatever anime and don't care which studio makes it because it doesn't really matter. Is this an autism thing?

It really is

Has anybody found a working torrent for Shin Godzilla that hasn't had the ending cut off or isn't in fucking russian?

>Kamen Rider
Nice
>Faiz and Driver
nvm what a fag

Hand drawn is a dying art, and what little still happens is made by underpaid and under-appreciated artists. Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks 3D animation is where the money and passion went.

What a coincidence. It's another thread started by the sakugasitters from twitter.

Wanting to know more about the things you like is normal.

Because Trigger officials have said they aspire to imitate KyoAni's business.

You are stupid.
But you probably shouldn't care about your stupidity anyway.

The only thing I don't like about KyoAni is that they have their fair share of SJW fanbase.

Same with Triggered

Imaishi is a SJW approved director.

They're Sup Forums crossboarders who miss their console wars.

See? You couldn't.

do you not remember how much SJW celebrated KLK? One girl wrote a fucking thesis on the female gaze or something

Why is Trigger so lazy?

that is a very efficient use of resources and I feel bad for you that you are autistic enough to notice something that insignificant

>been around for 5 years
>already have kyoanifags shaking in their boots

They're at least doing something right. Based Trigger. Truly /ourstudio/.

It's Yoshinari's first directing work and a 26 episode series to boot that's completely original.

Give him a fucking break. It's not like anyone does better than Kyoani on the production front anyway. Trigger is doing just fine with LWA.

>being this retarded

For me it is the McChicken, the best fast-food sandwich.

That's why Toyama-based PA Works and Sapporo-based Satelight are flying high, right?

They have all the skills for it, but waste them on people walking and talking about nothing.

Plus they could step out of their comfort zone.

>they have their fair share of SJW fanbase.
Did you really forget all the KlK feminist rationalization bullshit or are you just pretending? If anything Trigger is infinitely more celebrated by that ilk than Kyoani.

They were still a Sunrise contractor for Inuyasha. IY is billed as a Sunrise production (and all the other farm studios probably helped out there).

What's Shaft?