Is Sup Forums gonna watch the live action movie?

Is Sup Forums gonna watch the live action movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q7IXh6rwAU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No...

Nope.

Never.

Probably.

Yea, I'ts been a while since I've been disappointed.

Decent chance. It might be a decent movie since being 100% true to the source material is not gonna happen, so who knows.

Yes.

I might out of morbid curiosity.

Ghost in the Shell is Sup Forums tier trash like Cowboy Bebop

Same here

I will, ironically of course

I'm just looking forward to Sup Forums's memes. What are they going to cook up this time? It's been a while since they've had a good one.

Dear fuck no, not even out of morbid curiosity, which I normally possess towards many things.
This just somehow offends my sensibilities too much.
They're taking a classic piece of animation that absolutely needs no remake of any kind whatsoever, and repeckaging it with zero effort.
For fuck's sake the trailers have shown us that they're unabashedly copying shots and entire scenes. It's practically plagiarism.

yes

there was nothing wrong with Arise

>For fuck's sake the trailers have shown us that they're unabashedly copying shots and entire scenes. It's practically plagiarism

You mean like both SAC and Arise did?

It's an ~homage~

Why would I watch a live action movie

>not liking superior xeno wheat
what are you some kind of weeaboo?

Of course. Unlike some people I can actually understand that there can't be a 1:1 live action adaption of an anime.
So I'm going to try to enjoy it as its own thing, completely seperate from the anime movies and the series and just like I enjoy manga and anime versions of the same story for different reasons I'm gonna like this movie for its own merits instead of sperging out at it for basically not being an anime.

I won't see it in theaters but I'll wait a month for an HD rip to come out

I'm definitely watching it out of morbid curiosity

Movie? What movie? I know not of this "movie" you speak of? It must be your imagination. Nope, no movie here.

Yes, found out they use a decent amount of practical effects, so that makes it a bit more interesting to me.

Absolutely...

Pros
> Scar looks alot like the major & is a notably better actress then their 1st choice Margot Robbie.
> They found a great middle ground between the basically naked hose she wore in the 95 film & not using a cloak skin at all.
> Visuals & recreations of iconic moments/scenes look fantastic.
> Heavy use of props, animatronics, puppets & practical effects.
> Beat Takashi
> Will reuse the 95 films iconic score in the film.
> Doing a amalgamation of the franchise instead of a straight up remake gives more leway story-wise.

Cons
> At a few points the CGI looks poor.
> IF her name is in fact Mera & that is not a misdirect by the Hanka corporation as the Motoko Kusanagi gravestone suggest, then that is a lame course of action.
> Focusing on her origin is kinda generic & so does making the corporation who created her be shady, but that doesn't equal bad tho.
> The Aoki remix of the 95 theme is terrible but will most likely not be in the final film.

Missed Opportunity but not a con within the film.
> Non Japanese Lead.
> PG-13.

Wow that looks awful

Why do big Hollywood movies somehow look like they have no budget for CGI or costumes?

>you will never have a loyal fanbase that consumes everything you create, just because it's 'geek culture'
Feels bad man

Not sure. Even the PV's music sounds bad.

That wheat meme is so fucking shitty.

They're gonna play the original animated version remasterized before the live action movie.
I'm probably gonna watch it

>Scar looks alot like the major & is a notably better actress then their 1st choice Margot Robbie.
She's still an bad action star. You also forgot the con of this movie actually releasing gives more grounds to the likelyhood of the Akira film releasing one day.

It's not that, they just don't put enough time into thinking of creative ways to adapt material. Like that fucking skin suit for example. I know they couldn't have a naked woman running around for 90% of the movie, but they could have at least made it look like anything other than a skin suit. You can even see her skin roll over itself in some shots.

>I know they couldn't have a naked woman running around for 90% of the movie
Mystique

>She's still an bad action star.
Except she isn't, she is great in most of the MCU films.
She was fantastic in Lucy.
>You also forgot the con of this movie actually releasing gives more grounds to the likelyhood of the Akira film releasing one day.
That is a irrelevant exterior issue not a flaw with the film making or quality of this film which is all I care about.

>I know they couldn't have a naked woman running around for 90% of the movie, but they could have at least made it look like anything other than a skin suit
But we fucking want a skin suit, I have never been so elated that they put it on film, I never imagined in a million years they would be so faithful in this SJW plagued time.
And she wasn't naked in the 95 film anyway, it was also a skin suit just much more skin tight and thin.

That was only 85%

>Except she isn't, she is great in most of the MCU films.
lol no. She's either out of focus or needs 20 cuts for every single action.
She's terrible.

Lucy was fucking terrible to boot.

>needs 20 cuts for every single action
She was plenty in focus for her scenes in Iron Man 2 & Winter Soldier and such weren't cut all that much.

And no Lucy was fucking great.

It'll probably just make the live action one seem shittier

Would this change your mind? The shelling scene with dubstep score remixed by Steve Aoki

youtu.be/Q7IXh6rwAU4

She's unconvincing in any role that features a lot of action. And Akira-lite wasn't great.

Pirate after the fact
I'm curious, but not enought to fund future anime adaptations

>wasting my time on an American movie
I do hate myself, but not nearly as much.

If I put together livestream when shitty camrip comes out would rest of you be interested in watching?

Yeah sure

Aoki has no IMDB credit for the film, that version won't be in the film, fuck off.

>have a naked woman running around for 90% of the movie
people always say this, but she was only naked for a couple of minutes tops

>officially PG-13

NOPE

> They found a great middle ground between the basically naked hose she wore in the 95 film
>implying there was anything wrong with that

First trailer looked dope.
The rest shit
Main character looks ugly. They could have used some other white girl with better facial expressions.
Also my favorite character batou looks small and ugly. Let's not talk about his eyes Jesus.
He should have been played by pic related.
Someone tall and buff as fuck.

I'm thinking about seeing it only for Takeshi Kitano.

There absolutely wasn't, but it wouldn't fly in a PG13 film so this is the next best thing is my point.

>more facial expressions
>the Major
If you haven't even watched GitS why are you complaining about the movie?

What I'm saying is she looks dead compared to all the other characters in the movie
And yes I seen Gits. And in gits she didn't look like a zombie and smiled sometimes.

Yes.

Even if they screw it up, I want them to make new movies in the genre.

Also by me saying that batou is my fav character that would mean that I seen it

The Major has always been one of the more stoic characters in the cast. Being able to name main characters doesn't mean you've ever looked further into the series than the Wikipedia page.

Honestly, GitS is not too "anime" for live action if you know what I mean. All it needs is a big budget and

No, I will be buying the new 1995 movie blu ray which drops in like two weeks though.

one week

About time they make that.

You mean morbid obesity
Because THICC

its severely defective and the sub/dubs play together and the company has denied everything.

>its severely defective and the sub/dubs play together and the company has denied everything.
>/r/thathappened

I think they should play off the whole identity thing even more by saying that "Mera" could just be the name of the body she's in and it just changes when she gets a new one.

this

I dunno I haven't even watched the anime.

You do know that in the original movie, Major never blinks. They specifically said they did that because they wanted her to look like a doll.

sauce?