Red pill me on alcohol Sup Forums...

Red pill me on alcohol Sup Forums. I've been hitting the booze pretty hard since thanksgiving and starting to feel suicidal. This stuff is no joke...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5clhhl8IV1w
youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4lRibuh9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

come on

>start drinking
>become suicidal

What further pilling do you need? Just lay off the booze

only drink when you're not depressed maybe?

youtube.com/watch?v=5clhhl8IV1w

alcohol bad for you

smoke weed instead

Stop drinking. Im 4 months clean off meth and i feel great

Alcohol is devil's drink, but you sound like you've got other, non alcohol related problems. Maybe you should just kill yourself.

Your lack of self control is the problem. Sort your life out.

Depressants will do that. Try making money, getting some sun and a challenging lay instead.

You need to watch it user, I been through medically supervised withdrawal, it is not pretty.

I used to drink and it became a problem for me. My relationships, career, family and finances were all wrecked. I haven't drank in 10 years.

It's possible to quit. You'll need to change everything about your life. It's not easy but is possible. Good luck on your journey. You can do it

life doesnt get any better...best drink those thoughts away
>i'm a 10 year recovering alcohol

Alcohol is a great social lubricant and I am loathe to dismiss it as all bad, but not everyone should drink. If you're drinking to feel better but wind up feeling worse then you should stop drinking.

Don't kill yourself user, with booze or more more immediate methods. Don't give the world the satisfaction of watching you die.

This

Still degenerate but less harmful. Used to drink a lot but smoking definitely showed me a better alternative. Don't get too caught up in it tho, moderation is key

It's been a terrible influence on my life but it's brought me happiness too. I drink most days, beer cider and vodka. I'm a mess.

>tfw no comfy high-class Courtesans anymore.

Go to AA meeting faggot
It works

>social lubricant

Live life
Have good job.
Smoke weed. Don't drink.
>Random drug testing at work starts.
Need job for shekels.
Give up weed.
Start drinking as that is allowed.
Become depressed.

>tfw no comfy Ibn-Sina wine insight nights.

this.

Why not just move to another company and abstain until then?

Booze is a completely destructive and sabotaging social crutch for uninteresting people who lack self-worth and confidence.

I've seen too many people drink their lives away

Don't do it user. There is no plus side to booze.

Alcoholic user with almost 3 years sober here. I can't tell you if you're an alcoholic or not, but the following will assume you are. It does not apply to normies who are just heavy/problem/binge drinkers.

Alcohol works brilliantly at fixing all the shitty issues you have, whether psychological or emotional or whatever - until it doesn't anymore. then it will only ever go downhill from there and cause you increasingly negative problems that you never developed healthy coping skills to combat because alcohol WAS your coping skill. seriously, every recovering alcoholic (myself included) would go back to drinking in a heartbeat if it was like it was in the beginning.

Go to AA, go to detox/rehab if you need to. It's super weird and kind of lame, but it's the most straightforward to getting your shit together available. It literally saved my life and was vital to me staying sober during my first 2 years or so.

I'll be monitoring thread for a little bit if you have any questions or anything.

Serious question lads, is alcohol addiction a psychological thing? About 4 months ago, I got blackout drunk for the first time by accident (thanks to a dumbass that put an alcohol nuke in my cup) and it was a pretty shitty experience overall. Ever since, the taste of alcohol makes my body react badly. I can't drink without feeling my stomach act up

Pic not related

Is it true that the people who get nasty when drunk do so not because of the alcohol itself, but because it removes their own personal barriers?

It is rooted in psychological issues, but usually leads to physical addiction which only compounds things.

People with the genetic predisposition for alcoholism metabolize alcohol differently than normies. Generally, it produces something like a stimulant effect as long as the alcohol levels are rising - once they peak and begin declining, this effect goes away. this is why alcoholics have issues limiting their number of drinks, and why they routinely can be blackout drunk - to a point where most people wouldn't be able to stand up on their own - but more or less functional.

Depends. Some people DO get weird and extreme personality changes while drunk, while others just have their inhibitions lowered to the point where they don't care about the consequences of acting/saying things they normally never would.

>Alcohol works brilliantly ...until it doesn't anymore. then it will only ever go downhill from there and cause you increasingly negative problems
about how many years would you say that process takes? asking for a friend.

I can smoke but yearly only if I take my 28 days leave all at once and at only for a few days at the start of it, so that its not in my system.

Can't join another company; testing became standard in my industry.
Really need a new system to have safe THC monitored levels. Right now it's insanely stupid 25n/mg is the cut off. anything more and your sacked on the spot.

Should be less than 200-500. When your blazed you'll be 1000+ to 2000.

>drink depressant
>surprised when you feel depressed

humans are truly fucking retarded

I have an alcoholic family member who's ruining his life, but doesnt think theres a problem, what can i do?

Plan a mushroom trip and it should help him.

What if its my dad?

The liquid jew ruined me
>split my family/kids
>ex gets taco'd
>destroyed my education
>made me do irrational things which caused me to have someone trying to sue me but can't serve me
>I drink at night so every morning is a struggle
>feel like a zombie every day with no rest
>just blew 3k on memecoin yesterday
>stealing thousands from corporate
>impulsed bought a sex doll (it's actually great)
>getting fat again
>only have 16k in savings

Going to anhero via car crash to make it seem like an accident so that kids don't grow up thinking it was suicide. I failed myself.

Varies wildly from person to person. Most men seem to come in to AA in their 30s or 40s, as a last resort due to failures in their careers and marriages. I got sober at 26 and remember feeling cheated that I didn't get to ride out my alcoholism for another decade or two, hahha. Women tend to either get sober at a really early age or later in life - people don't hold women to the same standards of acceptable behavior as men and will "take care" of the consequences of their degeneracy; they're also much more likely to get taken advantage of and wind up in horrible lifestyles early in life, though.

>"i have no idea what depressant means" the post

or you can quit drinking, stop stealing, and go to the gym.

Stop being a disappointment

My brother-in-law drank himself to death by accident 3 years ago it's not worth it

Honestly? Not much.

the best thing to do is practice a healthy relationship with them, which you'll have to be proactive about because alcoholics pretty much exclusively have toxic relationships with everyone around them. Set and enforce healthy, appropriate boundaries. Just don't make excuses for them or help to minimize the consequences of their drinking. this is generally referred to as "enabling" and while you think you're helping them, you're just creating conditions that allow them to continue drinking for longer.

Best decision I’ve ever made in my life
Picking up one year medallion on the 30th
All our stories are basically the same

Keep coming back

Jokes on you fuckhead, by depressant it means it depresses the nervous system, not makes you depressed. It literally means it fucks your motor/pain
This guy gets it.

thanks man, god bless. I think you were lucky getting out so early, I'm sure you already know those decades of "riding it out" would have been a complete waste of time.

Make sure it's just you 2 in the house and the day is free.

Powder/dry mushrooms, sneak it into his food.
Once he starts tripping balls simply be his guide and have his favorite music.art on standby
When he finishes his trip, he'll find the following few days less likely to want to booze.

GodSpeed Good Will Hunting user
>tfw it's not your fault

youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4lRibuh9A

THIS IS WHY ALCOHOL IS TAXED

LARP

It really says something about society when the social norms are dictated in a way in which you need to be drunk to be able to follow them.

This time of year I always end up drinking more than usual. Lots of events, lots of friends coming into town, inevitably drinking ensues. I think if you're drinking and think there's an issue, you should just quit for a while and get your ducks in a row again before even considering going back to it. After the New year I always end up feeling bored out of my mind for a couple of weeks until I readjust to not having events to go to every couple days like I did in November in December, but that'll subside.

Congrats, user! 1 year is a huge milestone!

Hahha, yeah, just shows how fucked up my thinking was at the time. I didn't have enough time to leave a trail of broken families, estranged spouses, traumatized kids, torpedoed careers, etc. that most guys who get sober in their 30s or later do. that shit really works against your sobriety, too, since it gives you more reasons to drink.

>THIS IS WHY ALCOHOL IS TAXED
No, alcohol is taxed because the government always want 'revenue stream' to pay for their stupid shit and import more niggers, it is the same with smokes, if someone wants to kill themselves let them do it on the cheap

Sorry, anons who might have any other questions for me, but I have to get ready to go to a bar and see a band with an old friend.

Any anons who think they need help with their drinking, go to an AA meeting - it's literally a place to meet people who will help you if you want help and fuck off if you don't - and it's totally free.

Merry Xmas, you wonderful, miserable bastards.

Drinking is my hobby. I mostly only binge drink on weekend though.

Weed is far worse for mental health. It makes you paranoid and can turn you schizo.

Only Arabs and niggers can't handle alcohol

So can booze you mong