1.Sound
2.Clouds
4.Story

nothing, that movie was a mess

No thing ! That movie was boring as fuck

One more time, one more chance
youtube.com/watch?v=HcVrFaAkLxQ

nice bait

it's aged a lot, compared to his newer stuff it looks like soft focus line drawings

I dunno you tell me.

I actually like stories where the MC moved on.

He didn't find a way.

>where the MC moved on
Moved on? He was fucking miserable at the end.

Did you even watch the whole thing? He got over it and moved on.

Are you retarded? If anything he was smiling/laughing at himself internally for foolishly believing that both would wait for each other on their respective sides of the railway crossing. Of course he kinda moved on at the end because he was forced to, but he sure as hell didnt to it by choice. Is moving on against your own will really moving on, though?

At least post the good version
youtube.com/watch?v=BqFftJDXii0

>over 1600 dislikes

The message in this movie is pretty contradictory. At first I thought it was about not letting go of your feelings, because the MC and the girl get to express the feelings they had for each other even after they were separated. But later, the life of the MC goes to shit for not letting go of his feelings while the girl lives happily while barely remebering him. And what was even the point of the tomboy in the middle of the story? To show that he hasn't moved on? That was pretty obvious from the start of the third part. And at the end we see him crossing paths with the girl and turning back to see her, only to see her gone and then he just turns around and keeps walking. I guess that means he's going to move on, but that change of heart wasn't really motivated by anything in particular. Did he just go "Well, it's been like 10 years, better to let go of my highschool crush"? Why didn't he do that before? The whole movie was a mess, Garden of Words is far superior

Don't try and read too much into it. It's not a real message kind of a story.

>The whole movie was a mess, Garden of Words is far superior
Garden is so fucking overrated. Visually it is his most stunning work, no doubt, but that's it. The rest is as badly done as the director's other films. The kid sits on the bench where the teacher is, she recites a poem and BAM! They already create an incredibly strong bond.

Your Name clearly stands above both as something with a driving narrative force strong enough to match up to the pretty colours.

Nah. Your Name is superficial like the others.

All films are primarily exercises in aesthetic, so, yeah, I guess.

The tomboy was to show a relationship he missed out on because he was stuck on Akira
The train scene changed his mind about her because it drew a flashback to a previous moment between the two, but he didn't feel like he did in that moment. So he moved on.

ONLY THE MANGA WENT RIGHT.

The film was good visually but the plot didnt make sense without the last chapter.

He ALWAYS find a way.

That movie was overrated.

bait

Blame everyone else for hyping it up.

More like blame everyone else for enjoying it.