I'm about to watch Evangelion for the first time, I've never watched a Mecha anime

I'm about to watch Evangelion for the first time, I've never watched a Mecha anime.

Tell me all the cliches so I can understand how deconstructive it is.

Mecha anime typically contain mechs.

People get in robots

It's not a deconstruction. It's a ripoff. The original Gundam is a deconstruction of the kids robot anime genre.

Stop using that Word. Makes you sound dumb

>monster of the week
>mc is the best pilot
>random mecha power-up
>politics

Don't bother, it's trash for teens that exemplify the dunning kruger effect

>power of friendship
>rivalry
>i'm young but i will pilot a mecha because i'm the mc
>piloting a robot is fun
>mc falls for a girl
>plotarmor

Evangelion isn't a deconstruction.

>yelling out your attack before you actually attack
>somehow you can communicate with your enemies without a proper connection between both suits
>fucking plot armor
>spacebandits in fucking space
>spacebandits fucking in space
>obligatory big tit babe who's there just for bait and hentai

A deconstruction anime is one that comment about the tropes it features and breaks it down .Evangelion though good does not do that in any way shape or form it's is just a interestingly directed adaptation .

it's not a deconstruction, it's characters might be in some ways, but it, as a show, is not - it's just angsty.

eva being a deconstruction is a meme made up by faggots on MAL to look smart.

its more of a love letter to mecha than anything else, especially gundam and ideon.

orange juice

The high school setting is boring.
I dont understand why japs love it so much, its school.

48 years old. NERV commander-in-chief. In husbands of anchor Yui, it is father of Shinji. When I sit in the seat, the feature is that I cross a hand in front of a face. The owner of a very large build.

Just watch it

skip 25 - 26 then watch end of eva, skip rebuilds if you like

at the end your reaction would be one of the following

>what the fuck
>whats the orange stuff
>did he just

Unless Eva is one of your first anime your reaction will be
>This is shit

inb4
>I have 20 series watched on MAL It's not my first!

Eva Was my first anime and set the plot on my addiction. Gainax a best

Kys

>"Shinji pilot the EVA'
>"NO I DON'T WANT TO!....Ok fine one more time"
>Shinji pilots it
>*autistic screeching*
>"I don't want to do it anymore I hate you dad!"
>more crying and autistic screeching until he has to pilot the EVA again
>sometimes some weird vision happens
Also there's Religious symbols in it

>skip 25 - 26

Full fucking retard.

So we've gone from calling everything deconstruction to insisting that literally nothing is?

Also note: an earlier mech anime also being deconstruction doesn't stop a later one from being it.

you're mean

So the anime which created an entire new genre & changed the way anime is perceived doesn't count
But generic shit only liked by normalfags notorious for just ripping off what came before it is somehow a deconstruction??

>skip 25 - 26
Under absolutely no circumstances should anyone do this.

Literally this

It's because digibro did a video on it.

Guys you realize that a deconstruction is not a lack of cliches, but having a ton of cliches and portraying them in a more realistic fashion? You can't say that Evangelion is not a deconstruction while also saying Shinji is whiny. They're taking the idea of a 14 year old japanese kid piloting a mecha and showing you that a 14 year old japanese kid would not enjoy almost dying once a week.
Don't pretend you wouldn't cry like a bitch if your arm was broken by a giant space alien on your first ever encounter. You can't even manage to not bitch at a cartoon I don't know how you would ever have the balls to get back in the mech after that.

So I take it this influx of new retards with pretentious, incorrect opinions is coming from Youtube. Stop posting here and stay on this Digibro persons channel please.

Mecha basics are that kid pilots a robot that his father was involved in making. Rinse, wash, repeat.
The deconstruction comes from seeing how being put into life and death situations by your own parent gives you PTSD. As for Shinji being an autistic whiny fuckup, the show doesn't work with a child who is well adjusted enough to say fuck this shit after the first sortie. You need an MC with a deficiency, some sort of lack in their life like Daddy's approval, or a hunger for Sabisu Sabisu.
The religious references are irrelevant. The show could have been about teens piloting SITHE units to fight the Fomoire, or Einjerhar units to fight the Jotun and it would have been the same shit.

i dont think it would have

The Fomoire needed to break into SEELE to remove the Spear of Lugh that was pinning shut the Eye of Balor, holding back a wave of destruction that would revert the world to a devastated wasteland and disintegrate all of the people on Earth. The Lia Fail is the mystic artifact that whispers the secrets of the world to whoever has power over the region or whatever. When the Fomoire explode, it's as a giant four leaf clover.
The Jotun needed to break into SEELE to free the primordial cow. The LCL equivalent is derived from the cow's milk. The Dead Sea Scrolls analogue is Mimir's Fount. Once the cow is released, the world perishes in Fimbulvetr, where it's cold and nothing else ever happens. When the Jotun explode, they turn into a ">EOTEN"

Dumb Asukaposter

Has a mysterious girl who speaks little.

>The deconstruction comes from seeing how being put into life and death situations by your own parent gives you PTSD
So it's Gundam in a high school setting?

Evangelion is not a deconstruction, it's a melting pot and celebration of various shows. I want this belief to end.

Gundam is a restructuring of the giant robot genre. It isn't a high school, middle school, or elementary school setting like Raijin-Oh or Mazinger, but the military. There's no super moves or super powers.

I will never not tell someone who suggests this moronic idea to go fuck themselves.

Go fuck yourself.

This is so stupid.
I actually prefer EOTV because EOE put some stuff that was not in the show for drama and makes it seem like Shinji's biggest issues are all about women

UC definitely has super powers.

I agree.
They also never addressed and completely got rid of Shinji's issues with his father, which were a huge thing in the show.

I always found it funny that the ending was the most controversial part when films like 2001 A Space Odyssey, Persona, Solaris etc. make the Evangelion endings feel really tame in comparison, and those are almost universally praised. Not that most people who watch anime would watch those types of films. Can't have waifu wars in those.

Robot super powers. No robot super powers. Autistic teens screaming each other through space isn't the kind of super power I thought of.

I actually had the (dis)pleasure of meeting Conrad in person a few years back. he's just as much of a drab collegiate reddit-tier tool as you'd expect him to be

The manga was so much better
>shinji was more of a smartass
>the story was more fluid and less confusing
>inb4 2deep4u
>Gendo was a way netter character and at least was honest with Shin-man

Why is there alwais a thread about someone about to watch eva? Is just the same guy who cannot decide or what?

How does it change the fact that Eva lifted off pretty much all of its themes straight from UC?

It's vecause they wanted to clear up the gay stuff

There's people being born this moment that will ask in a couple decades if they should watch Eva.

Hopefully by a couple of decades there will be a great purge on Sup Forums keeping such people away