Is there any anime director bullied as hard as rie matsumoto?

Is there any anime director bullied as hard as rie matsumoto?

>has to wait two years to get her passion project off the ground
>TV series finally aired, turns out to be a mess cause toei didn't give her enough resources to make the damn show so she constantly had to reuse scenes
>works on Kekkai Sensen
>last minute recap episode
>last minute three month delay
>no one cared for the finale

at least her precure move turned out alright

Other urls found in this thread:

jisho.org/search/Yamate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Such a shame that Kyousugiga flopped. It had potential to be a classic.

Miyazaki's son maybe?

>turned out to be a mess
Aw come now. It wasn't that bad.

Yamakan has it worse.

isn't Kekkai Sensen getting a season 2

She's someone I want to hire, among others

She's not doing s2 iirc so it probably won't be as good

>Every show they work on is a mess
>I-It's everyone elses fault!

it is, but matsumoto isn't directing so there's really no point tbqh

honestly, i really liked the TV series, i just put that there for the hell of it, but i can see why people were mad with how it turned out

Oh, I didn't know that what the hell

He deserves it, though.

it was her choice if that makes you feel any better

Yamakan has done nothing wrong.

*everything wrong

Probably my favorite role from Teh Rie.

It doesn't, since she was a lot of the reason I was looking forward to the second season. I think it'll lose a lot of it's charm. It's a very off-beat, unusual series that a lot of more conventional directors won't do proper justice to.

She's really underrated as far as talent goes. I hope she gets a break-out success after the cult favourites she's made so far.

>she's really underrated

and that's what pisses me off

for someone so talented her profolio's so small, unless bones has her locked up in their basement for some reason its weird seeing her not direct more often

>12 episodes
>one is the first ONA again
>one is a live action documentary about Kyoto
>almost all the footage from the shorter ONAs recycled through the series
>animations still look like shit in most of the episodes
Fuck Toei.
This could have been a classic but they obviously provided a budget of 200 yen.
At least we'll always have the shorts.

kgiga was never going to be a classic since it was doomed to be obscure from the very start

>>last minute recap episode
>>last minute three month delay
>>no one cared for the finale
these are all wrong though

Kyousougiga is still my favorite anime.
Probably even life changing for me.

Why are you not starting you own family user.

"Classic" in the same way something like Tatami Galaxy is.
Who cares about wide recognition.

Or that upcoming director at Ghibli that died because he was over worked.

Nepotism was a mistake.

Kekkai Sensen was amazing. Kyousougiga too. I really dig her style though i wish it wasnt as confusing or at least i wish i was smart enough to get all the pretentious references.

>soubi yamamoto still has done nothing since meganebu

>mastumoto
>pretentious

?????

in kggi she made a lot of alice in wonderland/shinto references while in Kekkai Sensen she reference so much of American culture it was basically a few steps away from being a cartoon

I am to do that after I work on my health and get fit and strong, get a job that can pay well and support my family, and find someone I actually feel feelings for. Also there is like a 70% chance I may die at age 50 or earlier due to poor health issues. If I did start up a family I don't want to leave my child at a young age nor do I want to leave my wife to fend as a single parent to struggle and raise them.

But Tatami Galaxy won awards.

Yamate!

>turns out to be a mess cause toei didn't give her enough resources
Stop blaming someone's failures on "the man" not giving them enough money. Sometimes people just make bad things.

Her style was the only reason of interest of Kekkai Sensen honestly.
The episodic storytelling was inconclusive and unsatisfying most of the times, with only the one about the mushroom guy being the only notable exception, the world building felt half added and pointless (all that shit about vampires?) and the ending was the usual convoluted Bones nonsense.
S2 is going to suck.

Kyousougiga TV would have too if it came out good.

The budget issues were glaring if you actually watched the series.

Issues that people perceive as budget issues, yes. Unfortunately, a huge production isn't so simple as "throw money at it and it turns out good."

When shit like this happens and Toei is involved, there's no reason to search for another culprit.

I put in the, "didn't give her enough resources" cause i quoting what other people said about it while it was airing, plus i needed to fill out the OP a bit

kyousougiga tv was produced on a weekly schedule compare to the ona's which were a lot shorter and came out monthly

the drop in animation quality from the ona series to tv should've been expected

>nobody cares about the finale
And with good reason, since it was a complete clusterfuck where its even hard to tell what's going on

Same old Bones finale then.

jisho.org/search/Yamate

Well good to know I suppose.

I'm sure you wanted to write "yamete"

Still got the best insert song.

>Kekkai Sensen
Is it that good?

great, but incredibly dishojointed

depends if you enjoy the shows crazy side or its more sentimental, as the later gets a lot more focus later on into the series

As long as there is a continuous story I am Ok with it. I loved the sentimental part of Kyousougiga.

>Rie Matsumoto is Trigger's super-awesome secret director
What would happen?

Oh god I can't imagine the bullshit he had to put up with. No matter what he put out it would have been scrutinized to hell and frankly the way Miyazaki himself carries on I doubt he'd get any helpful advice from the smoldering old jackass.

>it doesn't have the spirit
>What
>You need more soul
>not helpful
>you need to capture the essence of nature
>you want me to put in more tomboy redheads?

the mastumoto curse would cause trigger to implode around the third episode

Nice, then you might enjoy the ending a lot more than other people

I hope she gets to redo it the way she intended it to come out and be.

It's really not fair if came and turned out like this. This thing deserves better treatment and a better chance since it has so much great potential.

I'd be down to help give it another try.