Baki Dou 148

Really, nobody noticed the chapter was out yet?
Good news: NO MUSASHI
also, a qt baki
let's go

Other urls found in this thread:

spinybackwebdesign.com/grappler-baki-chapter-193/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unfortunately, this is a dialogue chapter. Fortunately, we'll get the raw in like 1-2 days.

I like Doppo's new eyepatch. I think it fits him more than the black one.

Presumably, we're being reminded that Katsumi is, at least, relevant on an ancillary level.

qt
+qt scarf

[new anime theme plays]

Bump. fumu

I noticed this morning, I still check religiously. But I didn't want to make the thread because I thought I'd be expected to dump the chapter. My OP would have been something like "nothing happens again, but at least there's no Musashi".

Thanks, by the way.

Katsumi is legitimately one of the strongest characters in the series, even missing an arm. His attack speed tier is unmatched.

Katsumi looks really different this chapter, even for previous Dou appearances. Is it just the art style changing or did he do something with his hair?

>His attack speed tier is unmatched.
If he's willing to blow off another limb.

Unless you mean the regular sonic punch from the tournament. Which Baki replicated on the finals.

Looks about the same to me. Maybe his face is a little wider, if anything.

Wasn't it that he can only survive doing the sanic attacks only once? He pulls the same shit with both legs, as I recall. It's only after Kaku goes all "don't do it again you dumbfuck" that he does it again, and then loses his arm.

His sonic attacks hurt his limbs. He fucked up his hand by actually using his arm as a whip. He can definitely do the sonic blows more than once, which are far superior to the sonic punches from the max tourney.

DOPPO BEST BAKI

He whips Pickle both times with his right. He breaks every single finger/bone in his hands/feet by using the sanic attacks even once, though. That's next pic.

Ogre autism increasing.

I don't get how bakis punch was harder than that

No, his last hit that destroyed his arm? That was him pulling back at the last second to do a real whipping motion.

He's stronger than kat-man in general, so there's that

Doesn't that just make Katsumi a dumbass, then? That's to say that he lost his arm for literally no real reason.

Even without that he's still the fastest non-Hanma.

Musashi, Motobe, maybe Retsu

Will based Katsuman, save us from Musashi? the memes have striked and he's vulnerable.

What's losing an arm or a leg in order to get out of the Dou series?

I say that the power of the state ought to be victorious
Everybody knows that Japan has the greatest government in the galactic cluster

He did it to win.

Didn't work, but that's why.

I honestly think if Katsumi can find a way to match weapons while missing one arm he can be a real contender against Musashi. Obviously he won't win, but it might be cool.

So boring.

He still loses to Shibukawa, so I can't see him beating Musashi - unless it's Ali Jr time.

When did he lose to Shibukawa?

Oh, shit, I totally forgot:
We released Grappler Baki chapter 193 earlier. That's the fight between Retsu and The Man Who Came From The Northern Country. I gave "tenrenge" an actual translation, something it's been missing since the anime. Check it out.

spinybackwebdesign.com/grappler-baki-chapter-193/

Also, there's a message from the team leader on there. I'm not going to repeat it for the sake of dignity.

v1 of Dou. He doesn't "lose" per se because Shibukawa doesn't pursue him [or the fight, since it's a spar], but Shibukawa dodges everything he has. If Shibukawa can dodge it, Musashi sure can.

that's a hit right there, though.
And he's not breaking the sound barrier. Just a spar.

Does this remind you of anything?

He beat his dad. Why is this manga still on going?

Because he didn't beat his dad.

maybe try reading the first volume of the fucking manga, which answers your question

Well, how about I just knock you flat on you're ass you troll, that sound any better to you? Just name the time and the place and I'll be there.

We all know that the Baki saga will end with Ali jr islaming himself with a nuke to get revenge on the gang.

Yeah he fucking did. He beat his dad queer like i beat ur mom's cunt.

When the anime.

Undecided as-of-yet. I believe that they haven't actually made an anime, and are in PANIC mode because there was actually a positive reception to the OAD/announcement.

Will anyone ever used a ranged weapon on Musashi without standing 3 feet directly in front of him while talking about how they're going to shoot him?

Motobe, Gaia, Retsu, [technically] Yuujiro, the fire hose.

But yes, I do know what you mean - will any *state official* use a ranged weapon without calling it out. Answer? Probably, soon.

So any idea of why Baki gets mad just walking by himself in the last pages?

That said - will it actually matter if someone snipes Musashi: Other M? I doubt it, given that even Hanayama can tank like 12 sniper rounds, including one to the skull. Yes, Hanayama is tankier than 90% of Baki characters but Musashi has shown bullshit resilience, too.

Where do you guys read baki dou?

where the fuck can i read translated chapters

Sorry for powerlevel faggotry, but who do you think is the strongest Hokuto Yujiro could beat? Saw that question the other day on leddit, they said he'd lose to Amiba or Yagi.

The entire series? Batoto. Or on Spinyback. I'm contractually obligated to say that.

Do you mean the *recent* chapters? The archives. I've translated like half of them... fuck I just remembered I need to do something hang on everybody

>chapter 147: i don't particularly care anymore, and the title is 'fantasy'

>Narrator: They won't come close.
>N: Police headquarters' boasted Riot Squad #X...
>N: Not even one of these elite will draw close.

>N: The one who sounded off on a nigga - their leader, Iwama,
>N: Was beheaded before their very own eyes.
>N: And, what's more, the head is here...

>N: And, what's more, the perpetrator is the swordsmaster Miyamoto Musashi.
>N: Or, at least, a man who cannot be thought to be anyone else.
>N: For the rest of this incident...

>N: For the rest of this *fantasy*...
>M: Oh!
>N: There existed no man who would approach.

Is there any reason batoto is the default web reader to mention? Image quality or something? I normally use kissmanga because of the option to load the whole chapter in one page.

>M: Ohhh...
>M: What a lovely moon.

>Jagi
FTFM

It's hard to say because the power levels between universes are really different, but in terms of brute strenght and bullshit Yujiro stopped an earthquake by punching it. I think he could stand a chance against all but the top tiers (Ken, Raoh) since he hasn't really been touched in a fight (besides the Musashi cut) since fighting Doppo.

Kaku was just interesting to him, Oliva was beaten soundly and he only admitted defeat to Baki after being beaten on a different level.

>C: What's he saying about the moon...
>C: At a time like this!?

Only the uploaders can really delete/change shit on Batoto, and there's not really any chance of it going down any day. Image quality is part of it, but batoto also aggregates various scanlators' works on the same stuff. There's some other reasons, but they don't really matter as much as that first one.

Doppo will die to spur on on katsumi to achieve his genius talent or some shit which is worthless since he only has one arm.

This line was supposed to be on the last page.
>M: If a moon like this is perfectly clear...

This page:
>M: I feel the urge to cut more...

>[zawawa]

>M: Military forces, you have lost your head.
>M: No more can you be called a military.
>M: Without taking a leader, one hundred men...
>M: Do not have the might of their numbers.

>M: There is but one hundred individual persons.

hard to make that make sense in a brief line like that; he means that it's like 100 duels

oh god i don't care about this chapter so hard

at any rate, I'll get to trying to decipher the Korean once I'm done dumping

>C: Th-
>C: This-

There's no way to adequately translate what happens in the text from here to the next page, so I'm just going to explain it.

>C: Senpai, look here!
>C: Look at this shield here!
>M: Look here.

The random soldier is just saying "kore" over and over while trying to direct attention to the object of "kore", which is his shield. Musashi just says "kore" again, to get their attention to the more pressing matter.

And no, I'm not fucking around, the soldier says 'senpai'.

>M: Look here... hurry, for the soul of the departed.
>C: Ah!
>M: Hmm...

>M: PART!!!

Character(s) of the week: John Honor (pronounced hoe-nuh), Nonomura Hitoshi (the scientist who brings Musashi and Pickle to the special room), and Tanaka Kinichi (the nonbeliever).

End chapter.

On to the Korean...

What I've got so far is Baki wanted to fight Musashi (no shit), and the line ''specialization' isn't fair/right'. Presumably as in, he's pissed about Motobe's victory, even though he understands why it had to happen.

Then there's some long metaphor about fingernails. Kinda lost in the mud of that.

Thanks for the translation myman

you are always welcome

>have you lost your head
Nice choice of words

That's actually Itagaki's choice of words. Says "head" instead of "leader" or whatever.

Wait. Sniper rounds? Really? Baki is Baki, but this is still extreme.

It is a sidestory, after all. Inconsistencies can come from it being written or drawn or whatever by a different artist/author. That said, Hanayama has not performed any defensive feat in the manga since the first arc of the second series; it would be odd for anyone [other than Itagaki] to know what his defense is like now.

Beyond that, I think my word choice of "sniper rounds" makes it sound more threatening than I think it ought to be, so here's the weapon and here's what hit him in the head.

>spinybackwebdesign.com/grappler-baki-chapter-193/
Thanks for the TL