Backlog

>Finally finish a series and mark it off my list
>found 2-3 new ones I have to watch since

Sup Forumsnons how do you deal with your backlog?

Are you just full neet-mode and watch everyday?

How do working anons cope with the problem? Do you just binge a complete show at the weekend or watch few episodes every evening?

Shit was easier when I was young...

>inb4 shamefur dispray, fucking normie, reeee

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/profile/GoYakuman
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>seen so much anime that my backlog is just stuff I added on a whim with very little actual interest in them
>haven't been able to finish anything on my backlog for months
Completely opposite problem here.

I got into anime while I was a NEET so I accumulated anime on my backlog very quickly but finished series pretty fast too.

Because of this period of my life, I do not have TOO much of a backlog. Of course I have one, but for the most part, the series I really wanted to see, I have seen. Nowadays I keep up with a couple currently airing series and watch series on my backlog every once in a while.

This is the easy for my now more busy and normal full time uni and part time job life.

That's some discipline. Do you watch non-anime shows?

If you stop watching shitty shows like K-On you'll free up a lot of space for better shows.

such as

I have the same (uni+part time job) circumstances atm. I should have done more when I had the time, really a shame. I even have things like Lain etc. on the list (this shit came out 19 years ago).

boku no pico, sword art online, pupa, all better than K-On

Mostly Kamen Rider and movies with a chapter or two of manga here and there.

I do not watch many SOL or Moe in general. I watched it mainly because I play guitar myself and never had such friends in school. The show was quite calming when I had stress in my life and I fully understand that it isn't an objectively "good" show. I will just love it for said reasons, forever.

But this thread isn't about taste, it is about problems we all share.

Literally nothing wrong with it. Just started animu about 2 years ago. I keep a jewgle doc of all the anime and manga I'm reading. Took me over 6 months to get through Haruhi.

I've found it's much easier to manage after opening a MAL account. I can push through a series a week.

>have a huge backlog
>shitpost on Sup Forums all day and don't watch anything

I can recommend MAL (MyAnimeList). It is an online database for pretty much every show/movie/manga ever produced. You can make an online list, export it (xml) and rate shows. It also has an status option so you can put shows on "plan to watch" or "completed" and priority option from low to high. It is just a neat tool that makes shit easier, especially if you want to read up on shows and find similars.

No shame in your spoiler. You have to start somewhere

MAL helps keeping things organized, but it doesn't buy me time/actual drive to watch a show.

I rarely post here, because you guys get assblasted about EVERYTHING. Just lurking since ~2009 and seeing the same shitty threads everyday. One more won't do much harm.

>Taking me one year to get through the first season of Sailor Moon

It was a little boring until the Youma arc started

Same for me, if i'm lucky i can watch an episode or 2 each day and sometimes the time between chapters is so long that i have to start from the begining again and i lose interest, the only way that i can finish a series in less than a month is with a weekend marathon

I'm happy to say I'm almost done with my anime backlog

myanimelist.net/profile/GoYakuman

As a working man, around 2-3 episodes per day is enough. Going at that pace also allows me to savor the show more and allow for immersion. Rushing through it is a bad experience.

watch Beck

>780 completed
>only 130 days watched
>linking MAL at all

he gave boku no pico a 7/10 it's a troll list

I hate filler

boku no pico is a classic

I watch anime on my way to work on the bus. I try to watch the stuff I'm not that interested because I already watched all the good stuff the second it come out.

user

what

the

fuck

is

this?

Also, for those with lots of animu, just pick one at random and watch it. Huge clutter fucks me over if I don't act upon it.

I did. For the same reasons. But thanks for the recommendation. It was great.

Well some shows just have the "give me more" effect which creates this finish-in-one-run momentum. Only advantage of the backlog really is most shows are already finished and I don't have to wait for new eps.

You have too low standards.

Stop avatarfagging.

I cannot watch stuff on the bus. I need "muh immersion".

Make me stop.

>yfw it was once shunned to not avatarfag on this board.

is that $1000 worth of harddrives just to store anime? I wish I could be as dedicated as you.

There's nothing better than K-on!, though.
Prove me wrong.
You can't.

Akage no Anne

Rose of Versailles

>Tfw could marathon a single show in nearly a day
I'm only 26 but I just feel tired as hell after sitting through five or so episodes. It's not that I've exhausted a lot of good anime since I'm still finding new titles to enjoy but I think my thyroid eye disease is also playing into this a lot.