Why does Akira Toriyama hate Yamcha?

Why does Akira Toriyama hate Yamcha?

itt: characters only cucks will understand

He used to be the guy they used to showcase how strong people were, then the gap grew too big and he couldn't keep up, so he just sits at the side.

that's so true, it hurts

Toriyama confirmed in an interview that Yamcha still afraid of women. AT really does hate Yamcha.

Because he was originally going to be a typical toriyama-style antropomorphic animal bandit, but his team of editors had that manuscript scrapped and literally forced him at gunpoint to do it over, this time redesigning Yamcha as a pretty boy, because that kind of thing was popular at the time. His editors also forced him to rewrite the story so that Yamcha joins Goku in his adventures, threatening to chop his fingers off if he didn't comply with their demands.
Toriyama resents the whole thing to this day. I mean, he only wanted Dragon Ball to be a one-shot comedy about a boy living in the mountains, before he was forced by his editors (by threatening to have his wife and daughter sold off to the yakuza) to add the whole Dragon Balls plot and even change the name of the manga to what it is today. Toriyama has cursed every penny he's made off the franchise that ruined his life.
I read this on an official interview.

>bullshit and autism: the post

Dark shit dude

I think his similar appearance and skill-set to Goku was a reason he was practically written out of fights. Wolf Fang Fist was essentially a barrage of basic punches and the Spirit Ball was a cool but under utilised technique.

I really liked his design in Dragon Ball and early DBZ so it sucks seeing him sidelined so badly. I understand booting Chaozu but Yamcha deserved better. Could have at least tried training in the Room of Spirit and Time and the Kaioken would have helped him out.

Toriyama doesn't know what he's talking about then.

The guy writes the story. His word is law. Yamcha is a loveless faggot whose still scared of women.

>Gohan: Does he still think people believe this shit?

>essentially a barrage of basic punches

You mean jobbing? Vegeta has that role now.

Yamcha never married because he's impotent

>Wolf Fang Fist
>Fist
>Actually a barrage of open palm attacks and kicks

Yamcha you poor retard.

He isn't Saiyan.

>Start of Android Saga he's whining over Bulma
>Almost dies and helps nurse Goku
>a few days later Cell becomes Perfect
>Instead of training during the 10 days he gets a girlfriend
>He knew he'd die so he used his last 10 days to get laid

>Robots? Fuck that, too complex and mysterious for me, a dragon god

If I ask Shenron for a smartphone, will he give it to me?

ED Victim here. I never got a gf because I'd rather have people think I'm gay than some bitch laugh at the fact my pee pee can't get up.

He just can't make a smartphone stronger than Dende

>and the Spirit Ball was a cool but under utilised technique.

Let's be honest. AT just wanted to hope people would forget about that so Goku could show off his bigger version

I mean if attacks are penises then there's all your cuck proof

keyword is "against their will", so if the Androids had asked him to change them back into Humans he could

Yamcha was never introduced as strong character from the beginning, he simply a loser.

>Yamcha was never introduced as strong character from the beginning
He was on Goku's level when he was first introduced aka better than most characters. He was a fine jobber.

>He was on Goku's level when he was first introduced
He was on Starved Goku's level

The thing is he DOESNT. He forgets shit all the time and has an OH WELL approach about it

His last moment of glory was his kick-ass fight with Tien in the second tournament. Even though he lost he put up a great fight. Then he got humiliated by Kami in the third tournament, then he got Allahu-Akbared by the Saibaman and Toriyama said "Fuck it, he's useless now."

Yamcha was never much of a character after the Pilaf arc, and even during the Pilaf arc he was mostly comic relief outside of his role in subduing Goku's transformation. After that he's used to hype up characters in round 1 of every tournament, and the only time it's really a respectable fight was against Tenshinhan. Besides that he just fought Invisible Man during the Baba chapters and was routinely shat on by Bulma.

He's in the same boat as Oolong and Puar, a character who didn't really work outside of the story of the first volume. The only difference was that he was a martial artist so Toriyama found a use in him padding out the Budokai rosters, and scrapped him once the series moved away from tournament arcs.

The only characters from early Dragon Ball who were ever really that relevant are Goku, Bulma, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Roshi and Piccolo. The rest of the cast was either one-shots or got sidelined into Goku's group of acquaintances fast.

Stay in your general you retarded mongrel.
Even jojofags understand that

When Yamcha was introduced he defeated a Goku that was literally starving to death.

When they fought a second time while Goku wasn't starving, Yamcha promptly got his ass handed to him.

Goku did too though