What did you think of this show?

What did you think of this show?

Interesting idea, piss-poor execution

What a fucking pile of shit

Modern masterpiece of story telling and world building. Pacing and art could have been better.

This. It could have been so much better.

Also, Saki was a fucking a cunt. Maria loved her like no other, and all Saki did was blame her for all the problems that happened in the series.

But Maria abandoned Saki.

squealer did nothing wrong

It was Bizarre.

I haven't seen it but it's nerd bullshit.

If you actually think this you failed to understand the whole show.
Maria left because she had no other choice, she had to stay Mamoru because he was being hunted.

So when Saki chose to go back to village with Satoru she was the one who abandoned Maria. Even more so because Satoru was totally safe and no one was hunting him.

If Maria love Saki like you said she did, then she would've chose Saki over Mamoru. In the end, Maria loved Mamoru even more than Saki.

Saki literally did nothing wrong.

Could have been a 10/10, but early production meltdowns severely crippled it.

You have down syndrome and autism.

The fact that Saki chose to go with Satoru who was safe rather than stay with Maria who was in danger told Maria that Saki cared more about Satoru than she did about her.
So instead of going with Saki and always having her love unrequited, she stayed with Mamoru in order to try and save his life.

The premise wasn't anything special but the world they created to tell that story was surprisingly good. They actually treated serious stuff like homosexuality (well, sexuality in general), racism, communism, religion, slavery and war but they decorated it and put "magic" on it so it wouldn't seem like an actual critique of society.

So the actual story was meh but the world building was impressive.

What would you do with your cantus?

Wareta Ringo was great.
Also

The beginning was pretty slow, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Why is everyone so gay?

The show expects me to believe a village, who's leader saw a fiend up close, didn't actually have a plan b in case one did appear. Laughed my ass off at "she did nothing wrong".

Rule the world by force.

there was a plan B: get on the loudspeakers and tell everyone to peace the fuck out.

What is the best way to kill an esper? I want to steal saki away from her husband.

10/10
Explored a lot of ideas
Pretty good world building
Slow but tense

The setting reminded me of The Giver (in a good way), and the magic n shiet was at least done in a smart way. The romantic subplots were meh but overall the show wasn't tea bag.

>The setting reminded me of The Giver

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that.

Pure kino

> Awesome settings
> Ideas that were fully realized (even if they took their time)
> Satoru and Kiroumaru are based
> Unique visuals

>The Giver
Yes, I think they both build settings that don't seem natural and have this atmosphere that doesn't mesh well with what feels right.

>anybody liking mamoru
my disbelief can only be so suspended

I honestly forgot his name by the time he had to flee, I just called him the soft guy the whole time.

George Orwell would have liked it, since it basically explores life in an orwellian government through all the stages of one's life and shows how it deals with state enemies and unwanted demographics.