I've been using CCCP for the past 6 years which is dead in the water. What is the best alternative?

I've been using CCCP for the past 6 years which is dead in the water. What is the best alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3VBRjW3z3TA?t=2m54s
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_15729066.html
videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters-Megamix
imouto.my/tutorials/watching-h264-videos-using-compute-unified-device-architecture-cuda/#checklist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mpv?

Most likely the various individual components on their own, which you can probably easily find tutorials for.

I use VLC, plays everything nicely.

I'm still using KCP, which is also dead. Haven't had any problems so I see no reason to change it.

>download mpc
>download madvr if your pc can handle it

there you go

youtu.be/3VBRjW3z3TA?t=2m54s
VLC is superior. Even studios use it.

studios are cucks

This

MPV

MPV is so dogshit it doesn't even have a GUI.

Fucking western faggots, we don't have that O letter with sticks in Russian.

I agree, I tried it for a long while after KCP died and ended up switching back.

Nice meme.

Reminder that VLC is compromised and people who tell you to use it are CIA shills.

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_15729066.html

Since we're talking about software, what would the current standard be for these?:
>anime
>manga
>torrent
>irc

No one gives a fuck go back to Sup Forums

It is known, kupopo.

Hi CIA. I noticed you guys like Trigun. What do you think about Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star?

Found the Kremlin shill every one point and laugh.

Why did xysubfilter stop loading up with kcp for me? I've been forced to watch my anime on vlc because I can't be bothered to set everything up again.

Man you're fucking weak. Shouldn't be surprised, I saw the reddit tier comments you guys leave. It's funny, because in the movies the CIA are all these super serious and competent alpha males, but from the documents leaked, it's just a bunch of shitposters.

>get handed CIA exploits on a silver platter
>muh russia

Mpv
Paper
Tixati
Mirc

Part of me hopes you're real CIA. I want to sleep tonight knowing that a CIA operative was arguing on an anime shitpost board.

videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters-Megamix

if you don't want to do it manually.

>Titaxi
>Using botnet shits

MPV/MPC-HC + MadVR + XySubfilters, etc... (use a codec pack like KCP if you have to)

HoneyView. Also double as a general purpose
image viewer

Deluge/QBittorrent/uTorrent 1.8.2 or 2.2.1

HexChat or mIRC

Capitalism.

MPC with MadVR and XySubFilter or AssFilterMod if you have external subtitle files.

mpv if you want something that works out of the box.

>Tfw torrented the Ranma 1/2 blu-ray rips but the subtitles for English+signs are broken

how to configure mad vr and its mpc nightly?

assfiltermod cant load pgs files

MPV

I also use CCCP

But I have no idea what I'm using it for

>all those extensions
Is this the new toolbar?

Alternative to CCCP? libavcodec.

Just get MPV.

Well yeah, it's for ass files only.

Yes

MPV is the best option currently.The biggest problem with it currently is that if you want to actually configure anything you better be prepared to edit shit via a text editor.

I don't get it, I've been using CCCP for years and it still plays everything just fine. Is there any actual reason to switch to something newer?

MPC-BE
madvr
xysubfilter

holla holla

Vanilla MPV looked better than either CCP or KCP did when I re-evaluated them recently.

I've never had much sucess trying to configure anything using any one of multiple guides over the years so i just leave everything standard, and as standard MPV seemed to be the best although I preferred MPC's GUI; but it's not a deal breaker.

That and it's completely incapable of navigating between files located within the same folder.

What's the difference between using madvr or don't?

MPV will forever be a potentially amazing player held back by its autistic devs.

>MPV
It keeps skipping forward by 10 seconds instead of 5 randomly. MPC never did that.

A helicopter ride

I'd use Vanilla MPV if I could rename screenshots but I really can't be bothered configuring it all.

MPC and madVR is fine.

imouto.my/tutorials/watching-h264-videos-using-compute-unified-device-architecture-cuda/#checklist

basically the same as with weeb settings presets already configured for different hardware setups

They work here

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

I get dialogue subs with regular english and the only subs I get with signs are the sign subtitles.

I only use MPV to watch movies/BDs because I don't know how to create playlists on it without a playlist manager and it's a hassle.

"Signs" only has the OP/ED and Signs, you're suppose to use this with the English Audio.

"English" has OP/ED, Dialogue and Signs, this is for the Japanese audio.

Yeah, I just switched the subtitles to regular English and it's working like it should. I was under the impression that English subtitles only subtitled OP/EN and dialogue, whereas Signs would subtitle everything. Thanks user, you've saved me from a day of frustration trying to get these to work properly.

Now if I could only figure out how to make these files default to Japanese audio and English subtitles I'd be in business.

Splitter -
subtitle selection mode - Advanced
audio
jpn
subtitles
jpn:eng|!d;jpn:eng

mpc and lavfilters is a mess for specifying which subtitle stream you want default when there are mutliple streams of the same language. You can see in your own screenshot that Signs was default and changing that is a mighty hassle.

MPV allows you to choose which stream you want default loaded with a simple text edit but it's mpv

what's the difference between MPC-HC and MPC-BE?

Better upscaling quality, and some nice extras like smooth motion to remove juder and deband filters

Thank you so much.

BE is garbage and still uses the shitty-ass DirectShow codecs that HC abandoned in favor of LAV, the only people who use it are retarded ricers

This is the only correct answer.
MPC + MadVR > Ancient Codec Packs > Printing out individual frames in and creating a flipbook > VLC > Streaming

VLC is easy. That's it.

You could also batch it with mkvpropedit with something like

for %%a in (*.mkv) do mkvpropedit.exe "%%a" --edit track:s1 --set flag-default=0 --edit track:s2 --set flag-default=1

How much of a fag am I for using potplayer?

potplayer is my player choice after MPC-HC, it was crashing with some DVDs behavior which I can't remember what was it exactly so I stopped using it.

>not manually switching to lav
>wanting a GUI straight out of windows xp

mpv
Otherwise topkek, Vault7p1 is a fucking goldmine
xysubfilter is deprecated, something might had been updated and broken compatibility with xysubfilter
Old versions of uTorrent can be tricked to ddos sites, this includes 2.2.1
There's another bunch of CVE's affecting old versions of uTorrent
Use Qbittorrent, Deluge or Transmission, rTorrent if you have a seedbox/NAS

Bah, I tried your config in your last post and thought everything was fine, but now I'm getting no subtitles because it's forcing Japanese subtitles.

Post a pic.

MPV or MPC-HC + madVR.

The GUI is perfectly fine, specially if you are gonna watch chinese cartoons at full screen rather tha just looking at your ricer skin

Just buy anime on Bluray. Works without installing a thousand shitty codecs and spending all day configuring settings.

i use potplayer

DUDE

Just use Baka MPlayer if you really feel the need to swap players.

I sure love paying 300-800 USD per series

>using korean botnets
You sick fuck

Enjoy your DRM hell alongside with HDMI-CEC sheanigans
The best of it it's that you literally can't fix them due to the closed nature of the system
Oh, and enjoy your shit subs

Enjoy your lossy codec inferior picture.

>BD
>lossless
At least shitpost properly retard

Because it's not like BDs are encoded using H.264

mpv
sxiv
rtorrent
weechat

>expecting competent development from Sup Forums

>expecting development from Sup Forums
Only a dev or two lurked Sup Forums for a while, mpv devs are closer to Sup Forums than to Sup Forums

I just watch MKVs and I still find neat features now and then, like the subtitle browser. I don't know if other players have it but I'm not inclined to try.

Really VLC would probably meet my needs but it's clunky and inelegant and crashes a lot and I hate it for non-meme reasons.

Is it bad that I'm still using BSPlayer?

I keep using it because it automatically downloads any subtitles I want when opening a new video (movie, anime episodes, new sherlock/mr robot episodes, etc.), and I've never had any problem with codecs or a file not working.

I switch from KCP to mpv and I'm really liking it.

Wow; people still use this outdated bulky piece of shit to this day? You'd figure people would have moved onto streaming already; right?

>you go to a tech illiterate female relative's/friend's house open firefox and literarly 1/3 the height of the screen is toolbars

My GOM player still works fine after all this time.

You fucked up on the firefox part. Tech illiterates use vanilla chrome or edge. Nice pasta though.

>tech illiterates use chrome or edge

Whoa, this one looks really good.

What should I use for my toaster? MPC-HC right?

How much of a toaster is your toaster
Vanilla MPC-HC is faster than mpv on old hardware with shit drivers, but mpv is better than MPC-HC+madVR

What the fuck does this even mean? That using VLC means CIA will go physically to your house and put things on your PC? LEL.

Go ahead and laugh

People here recommended me SMPlayer but it's bad. It lags for like 25 secs after starting (video plays, but you can't do anything), and it also messes up the playlist order, skipping the very next episode everytime I open smth.

So I just went back to using my Gom Player.

I have an OK laptop (i7 6700HQ and 960M graphics), and the fact that it's fucking media player my laptop can't handle bugs me everytime.

oh god are you using fucking realplayer and rmvb 20p files?

>but mpv is better than MPC-HC+madVR

In what regard, because MPC-HC can do lanczos too and has better algorithms too.

I assume you mean better in resource usage, then I would agree but in that case MPC-BE is better than both.

>tl;dr anything will work fine with their defaults
That's pretty fucking recent nigga I watch all my chink cartoons on a 2006 Thinkpad X60 with a Core Duo, works well enough for 720p hi10p, it shits itself on 1080p thanks to the shit iGPU though
Any player should work fine senpai, if you don't want to fuck with anything vanilla MPC-HC x64 is your best option, if you can go without GUI and setting associations manually then mpv is great
MPC-HC+madVR and mpv with higher quality settings would work but you probably will have to tweak them a bit since the iGPU in those Atom's is kinda crappy, but fast enough for pretty much anything not placebo
Mistyped, mpv is faster than MPC-HC+madVR on most algos
>MPC-BE is better than both
It's not

right now just VLC