Explain why he wasn't the best protagonist of 2016

Explain why he wasn't the best protagonist of 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u3VJggF6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

almost god really mad that someone would like this piece of shit, but then I remembered where I am

funny how he got bigger eye bags after he realized how useless he is and dying won´t save him from his fate.

Still I liked the story and would like to know what happens next and if he is pride

Because Konosuba was in 2016 and Toyota doesn't become good until arc 4

Came here to say just this.

Is RE:Zero worth watching.

Literally who?

Yes

Because he's literally the same in both the first and the last episode.

Nice bait.

Luluco exists

I want a bf like subaru. I cried in the last ep when he confessed to Emelia :c

Good job spreading God's words, user.

Because Kazuma

Because pic related exists.

He is much worse than pride.

No. This is coming from a fan of the series as well, unless you want a butchered adaptation.

He didn't choose best girl so he's shit

Yes, just fucking watch it already.

Kill yourself, son of a bitch.

This looks kinda fanfic. I just spent time in the wiki and learned that subaru can controll the powers of defeated arch bishops but that´s it. Just saw the anime there are still some things that bother me

1. Why did emilia first introduce herself to him as the witch?
2. Why is subaru the only one with the power of returning back? Why did the witch gave him this power
3. Wasn´t the big whale also an archbishop kinda thing? Didn´t someone said that?

>Rem
>Not best girl

Stay forever mad

It's anime Suicide Squad. Fucking terrible trainwreck but people like it anyways.

this is why

It is a fanfic, the reality is possibly much worse, considering he's been teetering on Dark Lord territory for some time now.

>1. Why did emilia first introduce herself to him as the witch?

To scare him away, she though of him as nothing but a bother during the first loops. Plus foreshadowing.

>2. Why is subaru the only one with the power of returning back? Why did the witch gave him this power

Well for one, he isn't the only person who can respawn, Al can as well during arc 3, which was cut from the anime, Satella that slut. While mostly speculation why Satella gave him RbD it ranged from being Subaru is part Fugel to time travel shit.

>3. Wasn´t the big whale also an archbishop kinda thing? Didn´t someone said that?

The White Whale's original owner and creator was Daphene, Witch of Gluttony. Which has recently been under control and become someones pet which was Ley the archbishop who was responsible to Rem's "death" and Crusch's amnesia and her arm getting severed along with Regulus the Archbishop of Greed.

I didn't know Rem wasn't best girl.

That one is a comic but Subaru being an apostle for two Witches isn't any good either. Nor is the fact that he has Archbishops being his shoulder angels now.

>Rem's "death" and Crusch's amnesia and her arm getting severed

Why didn't Subaru just reset?

He did, oh by god he did. But Satella is a bitch.

He's uggo

The first thing that he did upon seeing an unconscious and possibly mindwiped Rem was instantly slit his own throat.
And from what I heard he killed himself more then a few times after that trying to reset time.

Nah, he stopped after the initial suicide after realizing that it was already too late. Though this was not before he tried to stab himself again mind you.

The later suicides were because people were trying to fuck around with Rem's souless body.

Rezero is shit. This is now an Umaru thread.

Commit subaru pls

>OPs shitposting thread gets derailed
>This is now an Umaru thread

Nice recovery OP.

It was good to finally see someone Sup Forums could identify with.

>he didn't watch NHK and Watamote

Soon

Because he was fucking cringeworthy to watch. I had to take a break after pic related because it was just too autistic

Because Rakugo aired in 2016.
Kiku >>> everyone.

>Cockhungry middle schooler
>best

Kumiko

Kill yourself. Even shitbaru is better than that ugly bitch.

Because he exists.

May I ask where you are getting all this information from?

pastebin.com/u3VJggF6

Have fun

It is a fanfic, the reality is possibly much worse, considering he's been teetering on Dark Lord territory for some time now.

To scare him away, she though of him as nothing but a bother during the first loops. Plus foreshadowing.

>2. Why is subaru the only one with the power of returning back? Why did the witch gave him this power

Well for one, he isn't the only person who can respawn, Al can as well during arc 3, which was cut from the anime, Satella that slut. While mostly speculation why Satella gave him RbD it ranged from being Subaru is part Fugel to time travel shit.

>3. Wasn´t the big whale also an archbishop kinda thing? Didn´t someone said that?

The White Whale's original owner and creator was Daphene, Witch of Gluttony. Which has recently been under control and become someones pet which was Ley the archbishop who was responsible to Rem's "death" and Crusch's amnesia and her arm getting severed along with Regulus the Archbishop of Greed.

Why did you copy/paste my post and quote me?

Because this man was best protagonist

No. Just started watching it (I know I'm late) but somehow he makes Kazuma from Konosuba look like a genius.

This. Konosuba was a way better series than Re:Zero was so it makes you wonder why people even like this shit.

episodes 1 to 3 are very good, 4 to 11 is boring but it's important for character development, from 12 to 25 it gets good again

all around pretty good series

>Arc 3 of the anime
>Good

Its was more butchered than arc 2.

Isn't this Lupin from 2015?
But yea, I don't mind seeing more from him.

He had all the reasons to be.
It's just that the 3rd arc was such a shitshow and got solved in the stupidest way possible while not having Mitsubishi evolve or learn anything new. He just crashes down to the bottom because of being an absolute idiot who thinks he's some sort of VN protag out to win the girl by picking all the "right" options, and when there could have been some interesting deconstruction of his waifufaggotry and the general attitude of wanting to be "the hero", he instead just gets some pats on the back and an offer of pussy from his maid to get his ego back up.
The other 3 arcs are all great but that one is just so fucking bad it brings the main character down as a whole.

The moment when the man lost a wife but got daughterus instead.

Then he loses his daughters as well

>He just crashes down to the bottom because of being an absolute idiot who thinks he's some sort of VN protag out to win the girl by picking all the "right" options, and when there could have been some interesting deconstruction of his waifufaggotry and the general attitude of wanting to be "the hero".

This is actually what Subaru's psychology actually was, props.

> he instead just gets some pats on the back and an offer of pussy from his maid to get his ego back up

Well that's because Whitefox didn't include the ending of arc 3, they settled for a "happy ending" because they were too pussy to go for the actual ending of arc 3.

I trust Tappei will make them happy. Its not like he killed those kids in-front of Subaru's eyes multiple times before, oh wait.

Because Subaru (and most of the cast) has actual development unlike Kazuma and Re:Zero's entirely story isn't just one giant disconnected gag. I enjoy Konosuba be there isn't all that much to it that makes rise beyond just an entertaining comedy.

so basically like Code Geass? Picked the fuck up.

Basically it's a classic Zero to Hero story with it's own twist.

>Subaru: “Pe, tra?”
>Subaru discovers Petra on the opposite end of the room—nearby the sculpture. She lies on her side face-down and collapsed. Apparently, he had dropped her in the commotion.
>Yet worrying about Frederica, Subaru must follow her words and ensure Petra remains protected.
>He taxes his trembling legs to stand. His feet lead him to the fallen Petra's side. And, he goes to pick her up—
>—When there, buried from her head's rear to her nape, he spots the crooked knife. Blood trickles from her mouth, brain lies spilt from her fractured skull. Fresh bloodshed seeps heavy into her soft chestnut hair. Her gentle, warm hands no longer move.
>Subaru lifts his right arm. He sees a pathetic bundle of flesh missing three fingers and half a forearm. The kukri he had attempted to halt had torn straight through to strike Petra. Now presented with this, Subaru thus had protected not a single thing.
>Subaru: “—aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!”
>Bloody does his ruined throat shriek.

Soon.

Because he wasn't in YoI.

What are the odds all 3 are going to meet the same or similar fate as Rem?

Though I'd be kinda redundant to fuck Subaru over with the checkpoint system again.

Rem is not completely dead yet so don't write her off so soon, she just got erased from existence is all. Even then Subaru has been doing some crazy things to try and bring her back so.

Because there were better protagonists?
He WILL be one of the best if Re:Zero anime continues, but as it was, he was just good, not exceptional.

Yeah, until you find out that she pulls a Theresia and Subaru breaks completely.

Oh no, that's what I'm expecting. Zero to Hero to straight up villain.

I mean, he's already halfway there. With people comparing him to Roswaal, pointing out his face and eyes as well as people pointing out how un-protagonist he is. Her going Theresia will be the prefect hub to break his already fucked up psyche.

What? Explain

Have you've ever been forced to kill your own wife user?

No. But I don't completely have a grasp on Theresa's whole jigamajig in Arc 5, hence why my confusion.

>[Subaru: Rem, you really love this. As of now, I’m not so absorbed in Liliana’s song that it overwhelms me, but if I listen to it until the end, then my thoughts might change.]
>[Rem: Yes, they sure will. The sword demon’s way of life is the ideal way for many men and women, even today. Subaru-kun, please come and see me someday just like in the sword demon love song.]
>[Subaru: If the spoilers I heard were true, then wouldn’t that mean Rem and I would kill each other in the end?]

Well I can't deny the foreshadowing is there.

Well Rem might come back from the dead not okay so to speak

But did Theresia get straight-out ressurrected, or did her memories and name get wiped by Gluttony, and then when she got back she was an underling to the cult?

Well if your name and memories get wiped you'd basically not be able to do anything, Theresia is sort of a special case being that her memories came back to her as she was dying and Pandora had a hand in bringing her back.

Rem might be the same considering that Subaru is in a dark tower full of Witch fuckery trying to bring her back right now as well.

This was the best protag of 2016, too bad he lost.

>Explain why he wasn't the best protagonist of 2016.

he didn't go for best girl Rem.

>[Rem: I’m sure it won’t always be fun times. Not everything will go as well as I imagine it. We might have no boys and they might all be daughters instead. Subaru-kun might feel ashamed about his family.]

Coincidence?

>he didn't go for best girl Rem

Boy, do I have news for you

I think the situation is too different between the two. But the foreshadowing is there indeed. I could see him losing it temporarily, only to get Zero Kara's or something by Emilia or Beatrice.

But he did, you just weren't shown that because lolWhiteFox.

Theresia wasn't erased by Gluttony. It's implied that she was killed by a certain Witch. In Arc 5 she just corpse brought back from the dead with little remains as her memories.

It's not comparable to Rem's situation at all either.

I cried there and during Rem's confession, because he took responsibility for her feelings like a true man, no pity-reciprocation or anything. It was beautiful.

Nah if Subaru were to completely lose Rem he's completely break. While Beako and the rest of his little girls will hold him at bay for a bit the entire reason he hasn't gone villain yet is Rem. With him being all "to stay Rem's hero" and whatnot. As so losing her would cause him to no longer have the drive to be heroic or virtuous anymore, not like he was very virtuous or heroic already.

Until you find out his fucked up psychology as to why he said "I love Emilia" to Rem. To become "the man that Rem loves".

He could not lose it even if she does or goes cray cray, in respect for her love. And decides not to go full dark Lord in order to become the hero Rem wanted him to be.

With Subaru's hair trigger temper already? I don't think so. The man literally strangles people for shittalking Rem so him overcoming that pit is a big stretch.

Eh, let's not exaggerate too much. If he loose Rem it will definitely leave scare and be wound that take along to him to recover, but he's not a being hero for sake of it here. Emilia is still other reason for doing all this. Each Arc he becomes more mentally stronger.

A good setup to get lectured by Emilia, who also lost most of her motivation in Arc 4 when she found out Fortuna was dead, and most of the villagers she wanted to save were as good as dead as well because of the Black Snake. Subaru losing Rem would be very similar to that, in my opinion.

* a long time to recover

Actually for anyone other than Fortuna, Geuse and those killed by the Black Snake it's unknown if those frozen by her are dead. So it's not completely hopeless for her there. Beyond Arc 4 also strengthen another reason for to seek the throne aside for personal interest.

Emilia is also the person who brings the worst out of Subaru so that's a coin toss, plus Emilia isn't really the support for Subaru but rather Subaru is the support for Emilia. This also goes to him being mentally stronger is also as well thanks to Rem, he even accredited it to her going "I'm being strong her sake" in chapter 31. Who what were to happen if the source of his mental fortitude is completely gone and severed? We've seen a bit of that terrifying vision already in the aftermath of world ending after he made Beatrice cry by attacking and verbally abusing her.

For one, he was worse than literally every other protagonist of 2016.

Emilia lecturing Subaru is as effective as Subaru keeping his promises to Emilia. You also need to keep continuity in mind, as everything Emilia has done has fallen to deaf ears, not to mention she as of yet still cannot bring herself to criticize Subaru even after six arcs.

Wouldn't it just solidify their relationship status? Emilia actually doing something for him instead of being just him bending backwards for her at every turn? Would also serve as character development for her

Fortuna isn't dead though, Emilia still firmly believes that if she were to unfreeze her village she can have everything back.

If anything it might cause a even bigger rift than the one existing already between the knight and the queen if we are to assume that Sirius is actually Fortuna.

What similarities are there between Sirius and Fortuna? Just the silver hair and bandaged face, no? Is Sirius even an elf?

came here to post this

Long life due to her race, amethyst eyes, hair and her connection to Betelgeuse.