Why do you hate me, Sup Forums?

How can I hate someone I know nothing about?

Because you are the point at which Anno just said "fuck it, I like money, throw in some more characters so we can sell more merchandise"

You haven't raped Asuka yet.

Literal pointless filler and perfectly zero-dimensional character.

How could I hate Asuka's girlfriend?

>gf

Oh, you mean how Mari teased Asuka about Shinji? What about the fact she's Gendo's age range? There is even that scene of Mari sniffing Shinji.

Literally only there for more merch sales

Did I strike a NERV?

There is an OC of this, hmm.

This.

Literally pointless. I'd love you more if you fuck Asuka though.

Don't worry, thankfully not all of Sup Forums's tastes are shit so you're the only character I actually like in this terrible franchise.

you don't show up enough, i love you but you let me down

>He doesn't share Sup Forums's hate of her, it must be b8

Hue. I'd take the batshit pilot over the ones with emotional issues any day m8.

>How can I hate someone I know nothing about?
Sure, I don't know you and yet I already hate your guts.

You are neither hot nor cold, so because you are lukewarm I will spew you out of my mouth.

I have no strong feelings toward her. She's just one part of Rebuild and nowhere near the worst.

Because there's nothing you add which couldn't be done with the original cast.

Looks average and no personality. Unless you count a bodysuit with a detachable lower part as personality, which you shouldn't.

>Implying I hate Mari the squish

Mari "Anno's Demise and Disgrace" Makinami
Mari "Bland filler" Makinami

Softpinkfags should hangthemselves

>Mari "Actual Super Robot Pilot and Not Whiny and Angsty Crawling In My Skin Faggot Teen" Makinami

Consider suicide along with your shit taste.

Neck yourself or fuck off to /u/

Such salt!

Your tears will never stop being delicious

Mari "Actually shouldn't be on this franchise" Makinami

I'll never understand how you can genuinely like something that exists solely to take your money

>something that exists solely to take your money
This describes like 90% of products in the world

Yeah but most of those products aren't pointless, shit and a blatant derivative of everything that came before.

Yes they are nigga, don't you live in a first world country?

I'm upper class, I buy the best and reject the shit. Like Mari.

If so, then you probably buy pointless shit from companies that only want to take your money all the time

The company wants to take my money to further their profits and product expansion. Mari exists because "lol figures"

Nah, that's just your shit taste, user. Even as a filler character she was still miles better than the angsty main cast. Anno must've wanted to make an actual good robot show but gave up half way and just inserted best grill in the trainwreck that is Eva. It's the only explanation I can come up with after adding in a character superior to all the main cast but making it more or less irrelevant.

She was actually recommended to Anno by the producer, they thought it would be beneficial to the movie series and help them warrant more interest and sales.
Which is actually true considering the reaction to the end of 1.0.

It's hard for me to hate a character I know next to nothing about.

What was the reaction to 1.0?

Mostly to the teaser at the end of 1.0. All people could talk about in both the western and japanese sides of the fanbase was speculation on Mari who showed up for a split second.
They didn't even release a name for her which led to even more curiosity and interest.

>Hating on Rebuild Best Girls Girlfriend

I was willing to give Mari a shot, but the third movie threw away the only thing making her vaguely interesting (being a spy from Seele or some other government body) and cemented her as nothing but a marketing gimmick to sell more half-naked figures and body pillows.

Double Agent Squish soon

who are you, again?

You turned my waifu into a man hating dyke.

For that I love you

>implying she wasn't a man hating dyke since forever

Why would I hate best girl?

But Mari takes it to a whole new level.

Because we're 3 movies in now and I still have no idea why you even exist or what purpose you serve in the story.

Yeah well, just Eva being Eva.

>why you even exist
Fanservice
>what purpose you serve
Selling figs

>Marifags are real

Deal with it.

I don't think they're real. Just newfag trolls

Question:

Why did 3.0 waste so much time on faggot piano duets that were for the sole purpose of driving 13 in sync? Clearly this never happened, so all the piano faggotry was a complete waste of time. Why didn't we get to see Asuka, Mari, and Misato interacting? Why didn't we get to see how/why Wille broke off from NERV? Why didn't they use this an excuse to develop Mari as a character?

Because Anno likes faggot piano duets

Finger pointing and outrage. It's like watching children at play when someone takes another kids toy.

>Mari sniffing Shinji
Only because of Yui, the manga explained she was in love with her but got rejected. The glasses Mari wears belongs to Yui

Why do Asukafags hate Mari so much? Just accept that she's the only one that can make her happy.

>Nobody can possibly like something the collective Sup Forums hive hates

The problem is from what I understand, all of the information from the manga (AKA Mari and her relation to Yui, Gendo, and NERV) are all technically not canon. That part of the manga was just made for shits and giggles without the production staff's approval (as in, Anno didn't go "yeah that's canon").

Sadomoto hinted during a recent interview that the Rebuild Mari could be the same as the manga version.

You're made for sucking dick but you aren't sucking mine.

You wish, Mari loves pussy

Mari confirmed for age gap?

>Slice of life yuri university student spin-off never ever
Feels awful

All relationships in Eva are fucked up, point still stands that she's the only one who can tame Asuka.

If the manga is canon, Mari is easily hitting 60 years old like Gendo and Yui.

Softpink is cute but I also like the idea of Yuimari, angsty yuri is my fave.

>alternate love interest for Shinji
When she's clearly meant for Asuka? Lol.

>Yuimari
Softpink is cute, for sure, but Yuimari would be a special type of cute.

According to Sadamoto, her manga appearance had literally no thought put into it. It's not canon and it's not anything, really.

Curse of the Eva then maybe?

Yui should have ditched Gendo for Mari, then they could be his lesbian moms and Shinji would be happy.

Tell that to Anno, the mighty theif

for the same reason i hate Jar-Jar-Binks.
a character that is only written to pander to kids/otaku and sell toys

well, some kids probably like him.
just like some otaku like Mari

Because I'm a Tojifag and she took his spot as fourth child.
All of her screen time could have went to him instead, that way the rebuilds would suck less.

He got nailed by the Third Impact anyway.

Never watched the rebuilds, did Toji still die?

Yes .

fug

Chuckled/10

He doesn't even pilot an Eva. Asuka takes his place. Loses an eye.

Toji is fucking boring and generic
In millions of other Anime

>tfw literally face raped by an Angel

On the contrary, he's so memorable he has more expies than Rei.

Those expies aren't based on him, they're based on characters before him that he himself is based on

Yeah because he helped popularize them. Best boy.

The fuck is expies

You're retarded if you actually believe that.
No one knows who he is, even Eva fans forget he exists.

Exported characters
NOT-Tojis, basically

Clones of other characters, or characters who are based on others before them. For example, Akise Aru is a Kaworu expy.
My man, Toji was so popular that Toji x Shinji was the biggest ship before Kaworu came long.

So it's basically, X character is like Y, thus they are the same?
Sounds stupid.

If they have enough similar traits, then that's usually the case.

Dumb yaoifag

Toji is bomb senpai, you just have shit taste.
He is as important to Shinji's character as Asuka and Rei are.