So answer me this Sup Forums:

so answer me this Sup Forums:

why does every anime need to shout it's themes at you?

so lets say you are watching an anime about utilitarianism, instead of showing you why it works, and what are it's advantages through plot lines and visual design, normal anime would just have a guy TELL YOU why it works, and what it's advantages.

even all time f/a/vorites do this, including eva that can't shut up about hedgehog dilema, lotgh that can't shut up about democracy and autocracy, fma:b with death

this is bullshit, how can you defend anime that does this Sup Forums?

pic unrelated

Why is Kuro so unsexy?

Because Anime fans are stupid

why change what works on a broader scale

It doesnt really insult the intelligence on those who pick up on it, and it helps the people that aren't that smart keep up with the series

It really isn't that big of a deal.

>why does every anime need to shout it's themes at you?
Because that makes it accessible.
Did you know that opera has plain-text segments so that the audience knows what's going on?

>why does every anime need to shout it's themes at you?
Most anime is targeted to clueless teenagers. You're most likely not the target demographic.

Because anime is directed at children or people who arent smart nor can pick up subtle themes

Because you are a manchild watching cartoons that are targeted towards adolescent males and exposition is needed so those adolescents understand the cartoon.
Have some self awareness

Because Japanese media has a hard on for exposition and prefers to tell rather than show in a visual medium.

Basically, Nips are retarded

What a fucking garbage thread.

Hurry Sup Forums.
You can only choose one.

me on the left

Id rather not, not a rapist

>lain
>has loads of themes
>subtle as fuck to the point where tards think it's about internet and shit
S U C C me

Me on the right.

Lain is an absolute aberration among an ocean of series that do just what OP described.
It's not the only one by any means, but not in any way representative either of the medium as a whole.

Reasons have been stated in this thread already.

Me under the water.

>this is bullshit, how can you defend anime that does this Sup Forums?

Because I do not expect critical or deep discussions about politics, philosophy, or economics from watching Chinese waterpaintings?

Give me a mediocre story, a few character cliches, and some T&A and it's already a passing grade of 7/10 for me.

What am I choosing for? Which I will adopt as a daughter?

The manchild here would be you with that crippling insecurity

That's 90% of all anime right there.

You act like anime is the only thing that does this when 90% of Western TV/movies do the same exact fucking thing.

the good networks don't, this doesn't happen unless you are watching a shitty CW show or something like that. there are valid arguements against tv, but this isn't one of them, and i challenge you to provide examples from high quality networks

Anime isn't really "art" like art cinema so no need to take it seriously like that

Because Sup Forums is full of idiots. Go watch The Wind Rises, Wolf Children, or When Marnie Was There and try saying that just has some character spit plot narration at you.

In a more general sense, a lot of people who get into "anime" (as a distinction from western animation and cartoons) do so because they enjoy a particular japanese style or flair to the media, and part of that flair happens to involve that specific narration style. It isn't necessarily that good, but it does common and becomes synonymous with the media. A lot of people who end up enjoying anime, end up enjoying the associated tropes that come with it - or end up being capable of tolerating them enough to ignore the problems they possess.

Anime is for children so it has to explain pretty much everything overtly.

The average anime viewer in Japan is a teenager, and teenagers are stupid. Except the smart ones, and the smart ones probably aren't watching anime.

Plus in the west, characters are designed so that you can't be mistaken about its personality. Ugly people are ugly inside.
At least anime doesn't take you for a retard who needs for every little thing to be obvious and pointed at.

Well death works, because it works.

Are you not sharpest tool in the shack?

It's like when Americans constantly animate about benefits of capitalism and free market. They tell you how it works but not why it works.

Because it doesn't. They just want to highlight parts of its advantages and affect the viewer's mentality to fit the narrator's.

>teenagers are stupid
hi grandpa

Get the FUCK off of my lawn

Well, what do you consider a high quality network? Disney, Marvel, Fox, etc. do this a lot, and to he ckear that also doesn't necessarily make a work bad.

I want antifa fags to go.

Are you talkjing about Fate/Zero? Because the point there was that Kiritsugu is so fucking stupid that he needs it explained to him.