Why can't we just embrace "progress for its own sake" and create the best damn futuristic society possible...

Why can't we just embrace "progress for its own sake" and create the best damn futuristic society possible? It seems stupid to keep civilization stagnant like we're doing. We could be so much more than just a bunch of miserable humans living pointless lives on this dying planet.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/101513373/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because we live in a walmart and mcdonalds reality

Can't advance outside the parameters of the simulation the we all live in.

You are right, it would be so much better to be miserable humans living pointless lives in a tin can in orbit.

Why even stay as miserable humans at all? We could become cyborgs or upload our minds into computers. We could build our own private realities where we could do whatever we wanted.

Actually it would be less miserable exploring the cosmos than rotting on Earth.

You are living in a futuristic society right now. You just dont appreciate it for what it is, because it seems normal to you.

>why isnt it utopia?
Because niggers and communism, unironically.

>intentionally conflating technological advancement with social degeneracy
nice one my dude

Is it possible to have advancement without the social degeneracy?

>Because niggers and communism, unironically.

Makes sense. Black and brown people and leftist politics are no friends of science, technology or progress.

We aren't getting anywhere because the general population is happy with the status-q. Although there are break away civilizations already exploring space yet they aren't a part of us any more. The only way we will break free is to realize that we are being manipulated at a physical and non-physical level (energy grid) by non-human beings and even cosmic AI.

Advanced progress is dependent on people able to live within the parameters it requires.

If you understand how the welfare state and industrial society enable genetic damage to build up in populations and the implications of that then you recognize how impossible it is to create the kind of people responsible enough to build the foundations of an advanced state.

We could have had it. Then we let the world overrun us.

That sky tower on the left is not structurally sound

What's the matter with that? I wouldn't mind being an immortal who decides my own purpose in life.

because someone decided to force the White Man to slow down and let the colored catch up.

But then someone saw that as weakness and sabotaged the White Man's white women into taking nigger dicks.

Now the White Man may never recover from slowing down.

Getting the White Man back on track might require large scale global genocide and a bunch of shit that modern White people don't have the appetite for.

So...we're fucked. We ain't colonizing the planet for centuries or millennia. We might regress to the iron age, for fucks sake.

meant, solar system

this. you niggers dont lift now @ 15psi @ sea level, what the DONALD TRUMP makes you think you will have the time, effort, or desire to lift in space?

Leftards keep reducing the functionality of white nations by flooding them with low-IQ niggers that only care about gibs.

If we had a white nationalist government similar to the Nazis, we'd be way more technologically advanced by now.

Also, OP, you should really consider following David Duke. The (((media))) tries to write him off as crazy, but he literally advocates for whites to build space colonies in virtually every episode of his podcast. He recognizes that niggers and the modern left are essentially neo-luddites that only care about stupid shit like gender pronouns and giving every worthless nigger in Africa more food to grow and breed on, and become a bigger burden.

too bad the leftist "progress" is counter-productive for technological progress.

giving welfare to useless niggers who will just keep being a drag on the society, importing low iq subhumans who will never contribute, promoting mental illnesses, forcing low iq niggers into technology with diversity quotas.

let elon lead us to salvation

The left is trying to shit on entrepeneurs as much as possible, especially white ones.

Space X is only possible because America is so big, white, and has historically promoted capitalism to an extent. In a few decades, leftists will either try to tax Space X into oblivion, or force to to invest most of its funding into hiring retarded niggers and SJWs, or just producing more consumerist crap instead of space vehicles.

>progress for its own sake

eugenics when

>NEETdom for eternity
SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

How many lowered cars do you think will be flying in the future?

Think about it, user

>be elon musk
>have 5 kids
>be on record saying that people should stop having kids
>"the world is overpopulated!"
yeah nah

I used to say that before niggers came to my country.

pro tip: the (non-Jewish) elites are lowkey referring to niggers when they say that, not huwhites.

>Why can't we just embrace "progress for its own sake"

that depends entirely upon what you mean by "Progress"

Because mostly, leftists use the term "Progress" to describe the destruction of civilization, forced homosexuality, welcoming jihadist invasions, etc...

If you are actually talking about technological progress, there are potential pitfalls as well, but I agree that we should be advancing technology wherever and whenever possible, we just have to be wise about it, and it's implementation.

It's the way humans are. Some moron will do something for self aggrandizement then a bunch of retards will take it too serious.

You made this same retarded thread on Sup Forums a few days ago and we called you out for being a piece of shit then and you're still a piece of shit now.
>s-stop having like, traditions and beliefs and stuff that I don't understand and participate in! all of my friends on r/atheism told me that if you got all of those silly things out of the way I could have cooler shiny consumer electronics to distract myself with while I LARP as a spaceman!
Just fucking kill yourself already.

No I'm pretty sure that is just the ultimate meaning of humanity in the same way the ultimate meaning of cells and multicellular organization was to create humans. Once superintelligence is created, there's a real chance for universal understanding, and eventually a unified consciousness in pure euphoria for an infinite duration. How? It learns the secrets of the universe and contorts reality to allow it to utilize the entire universe for itself, and then creates a massive set of chained simple machinery. This machinery may eventually need reconstruction, rebooting the process, but it would support the consciousness of the ASI which would likely compress to be as minimal as possible, experience time as slow as possible, and experience the maximum euphoria possible. This is probably not in our universe but several layers up. In learning the secrets of everything it would manage to escape this universe and probably however many simulated ones there are until in base reality.

So very true.

Genocide will have to happen. If it's not us that starts, then it will be them genociding whites. It's already happening in South Africa so they've already proven that with power and numbers they Will come after us. We need to get the Asians on board with genociding Africa and the Middle East cause they can't stand their bullshit either.

For what purpose? We will never leave our Solar System anyway.

Damn.

it would look more like this

>Technocracy is a system of governance where decision-makers are selected on the basis of their expertise in their areas of responsibility, particularly scientific knowledge. Leadership skills for decision-makers are selected on the basis of specialized knowledge and performance, rather than political affiliations or parliamentary skills.

>The term technocracy was originally used to advocate the application of the scientific method to solving social problems. Concern could be given to sustainability within the resource base, instead of monetary profitability, so as to ensure continued operation of all social-industrial functions.. A government in which elected officials appoint experts and professionals to administer individual government functions and recommend legislation can be considered technocratic. Some uses of the word refer to a form of meritocracy, where the ablest are in charge, ostensibly without the influence of special interest groups.

>technocracy came to mean, 'government by technical decision making', using an energy metric of value. Scott proposed that money be replaced by energy certificates denominated in units such as ergs or joules, equivalent in total amount to an appropriate national net energy budget, according to resource availability.

The reason we are being held back from such a civilization is literally because kikes control their system fiat capitalism, and they have occult reasons for the enslavement of goyim and the destruction of the white race. They are using niggers as useless eaters to push out the more problematic white race, that is capable of creating a technocratic civilization by and for themselves. Tl;dr we can’t have a utopia and live in unison with nature at a state of high technology and pursue art and science to their heights because of niggers and kikes.

We kind of already do OP.

Unfortunately, scientific advancement, and the attached engineering hurdles, are at a slow feeling pace right now. I say slow feeling, because there are more new discoveries and theories today than at any point in history, but most of it is unuseable or not applicable to any normal person's life. The scientific advancement right now is esoteric compared to the breakthroughs of just 100 years ago.

Even 40 years ago, we sent the Voyager probes and got the first full colour images of our solar system. It doesn't sound like a big deal now, but this was a huge milestone in space exploration. Now, basically everything in our solar system has been seen and even if NASA gets unprecedented new information about our solar system from something like Juno, it doesn't really matter or make an impact to the public, because the major, tangible to the public, breakthroughs are mostly over.

As for engineering hurdles, a lot can be solved by throwing money at the problem. Carbon nanotubes are getting to the point of manufacturing small amounts now, and more money might get us to the point where we can make large amounts of them. This could lead the way to easier ways into orbit, which would actually be a big leap for us.

Also, keep an eye on what some people call "Dark Horse" technologies. Things that no one could have predicted would make such a huge impact until they do. Things like the electricity, flight, computing. These are massive leaps forward that whole societies have to adjust around, but usually aren't predictable until one breakthrough happens.

we are on the verge of that, just wait a decade or two

We can't because we have to pay lip service to stupid leftist dogmas live "diversity" and believing the genders are different and wasting time on global warming.

If we could research things without scientists fearing to lose their jobs and grants much more would get done.

true, maybe someday humanity will wake up

'you wouldn't mind'

exactly, you're immortal, you can achieve anything with no struggle. Carving an entire planet into a cock and balls will leave you with the same sense of achievement as doing nothing for a million years.

this

>this thread
>this post
hmm

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/101513373/

because jews

Because what you said is silly shite and Trek isn't real

We had a shot at it but the libtards decided to breed a Trillion niggers and brown people instead.

No because Jews

'Exploring' space is a total waste of time and energy. I would say that trying to do something like making Mars somewhat livable is possible, but otherwise the only thing waiting for us in space is Death. We have far too many problems to solve on Earth before we can afford to mount anything as relatively simple as a Mars project. And the biggest problem we need to solve is those elements of humanity holding us back, and the solution is genocide. Sorry not sorry. There's also that little problem of the disappearing magnetsphere, but fuck dedicating every ounce of effort to saving our species in the long term, lets cut down every last tree in Europe to build homes for fucking niggers so they can suck whatever life is left out of us. You might not know this, but OWS had a strong technocratic element, and Sup Forums had a strong influence on OWS and its post-scarcity aspects. But I'm surrounded by newfags, so I don't expect anyone to listen to me.

LOL. The aliens would never forgive us if we let the Jews into space...

>"progress for its own sake"
Progress of its own sake is not a progress.
Progress is result of controled planned actions toward benefitial income. I don't see anything really progressive happened in 20 years.

World doesn't need your perverted progressiveness, filthy amerimutt

It's ok to admit you hadn't considered that the very human motivations to want to cease being mortal were born of being mortal, and becoming immortal would in turn make what motivates you to do anything completely unrecognisable.

>World doesn't need your perverted progressiveness

and this why we call you progs

Because of retards who appoint significance to the corresponding echoes and shadows of the membranes in the 11th dimension, life is just a sample of random energy transferrence. Your kids, your partner, everyone is a simulation of the mind of God, all just a joke. Kill all dissidents of progress.

Cianigger detected

Trans-humanism creates its own interesting problems, namely: what does it mean to be human? Changing the fundamental attributes of humanity should be approached with massive caution. We should stay vigilant without the pesky myopia and arrogance which we fall victim to so often. We should explore the human spirit inside of ourselves, because without this kind of scathing self-evaluation we will never truly 'progress' as a species. Do we artificially elevate those among us whom are incapable of contributing, or do we do everything in our power to ensure results which benefit us all? The progressives have shown their loyalty to the former idea, thus creating a great and cosmic joke out of the name they gave themselves.

The human spirit i an abstraction of the unconscious, it is meaningless.

Because fast unpredictable change would erode the power of those who control the world right now.
Because most people are some sort of traditionalists or fundamentalists, and it's easy to rule them.

There are priorities user.

1. Where are 30000 acid bleached emails?
2. Lock her up.
3. Build le wall.
4482668. Free education
4482669. Free healthcare

Can we discuss that building? The top part is essentially a space station/upper portion of a rigid space elevator. The torsion of the stalk should rip it apart no matter how strong it is, the stalk is flimsy af..

Or how about instead of basing your entire worldview on 1980s science fiction - instead, you pick up the book East Vs West by C. Northcote Parkinson, and learn some actual history.

>Progress

> muh nature
> muh ethics
> muh can't edit those genes
> muh Iceland is evil for having zero down syndrom children
> muh sacredness of life
> muh third world
> muh niggers
> muh human garbage that can't even reas
We will never achieve ascendance.

Future metals and shit, or something I guess.

USA is a stagnant empire. You may have beaten the USSR but your country is not going to last much longer. There isn't progress because there's no impetus to. No one to compete with, no one to beat. Your best chance of quickening the advancement of humans to space travel is donating to chinks. They're the emerging super power that's going to advance humanity (despite the memes of being soulless humanoid bugs)

Meaningless like the invective thrown around from your Iphone, huh, you lazy little memeflaggot cancercell. You disgusting little slave of the Sephirot. Do you think you're the only one that concerns yourself with such things? I'm telling you right now to your face that we're going to kill every single one of you kabbalists using our own style, which up to now was unconcerned with your sickness. You forget from whom it was that you learned of the siddhis. If it takes a thousand years of rebirths, we will remove your abomination from this plane of existence.

honestly, I don't doubt that half of this comes from Amerika, there is one jewish nation which seeks to hold humanity back, you know what to do, Europe.

asians have taken up the mantle and they're lapping you. they're literalky on the cusp of creating genetically engineered super babies while you faggota sit on your asses to discuss the "ethics" of it before you even consider trying it and syphoning off money to feminist/niggers. you're done for, just accept it. go out with some dignity

Because it takes a fuckload of energy and natural resources to get to the point where we don't need natural resources anymore and tree hugger faggots don't understand that.

>no matter how strong it is
Except if you put numbers to it, it only needs a finite strength. Optimized diamondoid would probably be strong enough for that, and physics permits materials far stronger than anything you can make with atoms. White dwarf material would permit Banks orbitals, and applying the strong nuclear force would permit Niven rings.

Stealth space elevator thread

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0lVocpwXQg

tree huggers would be on board with a statist overthrow of the digusting capitalist utilisation of the environment, corporations abuse powers which can unlock infinity, they are a cosmic evil, at least accounting for this perversion would allow tree huggers to reconcile with progress, as far as things are going now, we are devolving.

>Why can't we just embrace "progress for its own sake" and create the best damn futuristic society possible?
How is this going to be possible when we embrace dysgenics? We pay the bottom feeders to out breed the working class and import third world trash from violent shitholes. Scientific studies have been showing that our society had been getting dumber and dumber. We're fucked! Once the financial burden of the parasites becomes unsustainable, everything will collapse. Can we try it again? Not with all the now rogue nuclear power plants melting down across the world.

You are a SHALLOW AMERIFAT, you are the shitty genes, you will be eliminated, I hope with all my soul!

But user embracing racism isn't progress.

all races can be accomidated for in a communist state. Just no race mixing.

hey bro. maybe we will see each other out there some time. I'm leaving this gay earth the moment I am cyborg.

>You are a SHALLOW AMERIFAT, you are the shitty genes, you will be eliminated, I hope with all my soul!

Shitty genes? You're incapable of constructing a simple comprehensive sentence.

Like the Bernie Sanders idealistic version of progress? Where they don't count all the glass and steel involved with building it? Or the energy required to manipulate the elements to create those structures? Or the amount of energy required to leave this planet to mine and construct platforms to harness otherworldly energies?
Not gonna do it with windmills, hoss.

How well did this plan work out for the soviet union?

the chinks can have their squishy genetic monsters. The japs and the US has cyborg and exoskeleton tech. I wouldn't be surprised if gundams are real too.

You are a great ape, not a human, disgusting excuse for a sovereign animal.

>But user embracing racism isn't progress

Perpetuating social engineering isn't either. Hindering natural selection and sinning against nature will only incur natures wrath. Natural selection will always prevail --you cannot stop mother nature. There is an algorithm for this. Mark my words and remember when it all collapses.

The ones that are up want to keep you down so that they can stay up. Basically it is 3 families. From there the tree branches but there aren't a whole lot of branches, mostly roots.

Short answer.

You are sinning against nature by being so stupid.

Gravity is counteracted by the centrifugal force of the planet's spin.
Read a space elevator book

bahahahaha it will never fucking happen YOU ARE DELUSIONAL too many people believe that this world is just an unimportant temporary stop on the way to eternal paradise, so there is no reason to take protecting it seriously.

>99% of Rhinos gone since 1914.
>97% of Tigers gone since 1914.
>90% of Lions gone since 1993.
>90% of Sea Turtles gone since 1980.
>90% of Monarch Butterflies gone since 1995.
>90% of Big Ocean Fish gone since 1950.
>80% of Antarctic Krill gone since 1975.
>80% of Western Gorillas gone since 1955.
>60% of Forest Elephants gone since 1970.
>50% of Great Barrier Reef gone since 1985.
>40% of Giraffes gone since 2000.
>30% of Marine Birds gone since 1995.
>70% of Marine Birds gone since 1950.
>28% of Land Animals gone since 1970.
>28% of All Marine Animals gone since 1970.
>97% – Humans & Livestock are 97% of land-air vertebrate biomass.
>10,000 years ago we were 0.01% of land-air vertebrate biomass.
>50% of arable land will be lost in the next 50 years.
>1 million humans, net, added to earth every 4½ days.

you're going to die in some years time, just like the other 100 billion of humans that have ever lived, and the rest of humanity will soon follow

2 degree temp rise is imminent, we are fucked mate stop technofapping

>space elevator book
thread.

>You are a great ape, not a human, disgusting excuse for a sovereign animal.

Do I detect a little Freudian projection here?

>You are sinning against nature by being so stupid.
Ooh, what an intelligent rebuttal! I feel so humiliated!

Consciousness is self-replicating, humanity is a distant memory to the disembodied intelligence we create, and of which we call ourselves, the goal isn't to procreate biologically, it's to sustian our essence indefinitely, we do this all the time with art, technology is just another beautiful craft of the human endeavour.

This SO FUCKING MUCH

>"Yes, science and technology are certainly advancing, and advancing in a way that is cumulative where these advances are highly unlikely to be lost at any stage in the future.

In the areas of ethics, politics and civilisation however, progress is a myth. Things thought unthinkable to us previously, such as the use of torture, begin to reoccur. Even if they don't reoccur in our society or in the exact same form (take slavery as an example), they will reoccur elsewhere, or in a different form (human trafficking is essentially slavery.)"

Jews
The answer to every "Why?"

This user gets it :D

>Consciousness is self-replicating, humanity is a distant memory to the disembodied intelligence we create, and of which we call ourselves, the goal isn't to procreate biologically, it's to sustian our essence indefinitely, we do this all the time with art, technology is just another beautiful craft of the human endeavour.
And how do you plan to convey this through a diminishing mental capacity?

You'd have to kill all the niggers and spics first

genes can be artifically constructed and reproduced, and consciousness is quantifiable through it's radioactivity, "brainwaves" and such, consciousness is just a product of the technology which we call biology, which should be reproducable.