Hunter x Hunter

Which of these was the biggest asspull though?

The only real asspull is Killua's relationship with Alluka.

alluka 100%

Gon-san will only be an asspull if he manages to regain all his nen eventually.

>dad/kurapika goes to dark continent
>find ancient old nen restoring device
>give to gon and restores his nen
come on user you know the story already wrote itself

Are they still on the boat?

Big guy mode and asspull wish master

> implying this manga will be continued and finished
Even if it's continued for a few chapters it will be gone in a flash again. It won't be finished, every. Deal with it.

I thought the Chimera Ant arc would never finish, but it did. And then he did Election with no breaks.

He will, because Alluka is the asspull.

Why didn't Killua just wish for Alluka to give Gon his nen back

Top middle certainly had me pulling something.

Maybe he would still die? I don't know.

Why is no one talking about the nuke? Seriously how did that old man store a nuke in his body anyway.

Most of these I don't think are asspulls so much as just bad/disappointing writing. CA arc was a fucking mistake.

>"Togashi will be taking a brief hiatus"
>"Brief"
>Still no chapter in 8 months
What did they mean by this?

Agreed, CA and post-CA introduced a fuckton of asspulls.

Alluka is obviously the worst offender. Unlike everything else, which merely pushes the limits of what the universe allows, Alluka has godlike powers with no real drawbacks and for no good reason.

you

Killua being a master of darts was the biggest asspull of all. He should have died there.

What's with Togashi and zero foreshadowing? He clearly understands setup and payoff, but he fails to do it where it should count.

Just Alluka I guess, the rest works within the rules of what's established, Alluka will probably be worked on if the manga ever gets that far.

It's implied he will.
He just has to start completely from scratch.

Asspullposters are fucking cancer. Every one of those has been debunked countless times with reasonable arguments but you just keep being stubborn.

It was foreshadowed way back when Netero said "someone would need to be sacrificed" eariler in the arc.

Editor knew the fanbase would go off so he instead gave us a false sense of hope.

>Alluka has been debunked with reasonable arguments
el oh el
>b-b-b-but she's clearly from the Dark Continent
Still doesn't make her being literally omnipotent any less asspull-y

I was a little annoyed about the King surviving after getting destroyed.

What's the Killua one? Using Electricity?

Well, nen doing stuff after you die was established in the Yorknew arc. So that's not much of an ass pull.

Gon's power up is not really an ass pull, because it's established that the stronger the resolve and the harsher the conditions the stronger your nen. The real ass pull here is why he gives a shit about Kite in the first place. Some guy who knew for a week or so.

Putting dead man switches in your body is something that's done in real life and in fiction all the time. Not really that outlandish.

Killua using all of his strength doesn't really seem like a problem or much as an ass pull. It was stated he was working on new techniques.

Alluka and magically bringing the king back to life were pretty big ass pulls, though.

We literally just had a 500 reply thread where we discusswd this in detail.

super sonic mode

Alluka = Ai

Meruem coming back was part of the story and central to his character development. Nothing was lost because of it. And Netero knew he would die of poisoning anyway.

I didn't think it was that ass pully.

>Some guy who knew for a week or so
Animeretard spotted.
Kite is literally the reason Gon decided to become a Hunter.
He was the role model Gon molded himself after.

Wtf is foreshadowing?
Nigga you can't just store a nuke in your body you fucking dumbass. Do you know how big those things are?

>Meruem coming back was part of the story
A fail to see how. And the problem is the method in which he came back. Just straight up surviving it would have made more sense than gay orgies and cumming in the king gives him your life force.

Alluka is an ass pull no matter how you look at it because he is literally deus ex machina. He can do literally anything the plot demands.

I may be a guy who watched the anime, but I also know Kite only stayed on whale island for about a week.
Which is the whole point.

>but Kite saved his life and showed him stuff
Killua saved Gon's life more times than Kite and showed him around the world more.

>Gon-san
100% obeys established laws of nen
>Killua's power
What is the "asspull" about this? That's literally just his ability, he's been working on it since like Yorkshin
>o my rubber nen
100% obeys established laws as well (nen remaining after death; being able to give orders to it like Ging's tape)
>Rose bomb
Nukes were already established
>Nanika
Sure, but that's like saying Knuckle's power is an asspull, plus we knew about Alluka's existence
>Meruem
What's the "asspull" here? Don't get it

Your list is all stupid and i'm pretty sure you're the guy who got BTFO in the last thread

Only Alluka was an asspull. The rest are you just being a memer.

Shit user, it's not hard to get. Kite saved Gon's life several times, that's more than enough to feel indebted to someone for life. Plus he was the one who told him about Ging as you pointed out.
And then he gets fucked because of what Gon thinks is his fault. It's pretty obvious he would go to these lengths.

Nah, cumming inside the king to give him your life force is is definitely an asspull.

Did you make another thread so you can complain about stuff that people already addressed in the previous thread?

Gon felt in part responsible for Kite's death. Killua decided to go with him because he loves him and wouldn't mind dying with and for him. He just felt bad when Gon wouldn't ackowledge this.

Nah. Killua's character is literally wasting time doing the most autistic shit. Like fighting with yo-yos, wasting all his fortune or that robot candy shit, and skateboarding when he's an assassin.

But it's been long established that Meruem can absorb aura, you gigantic retard.

>straight surviving him somehow is not an asspull unlike his royal guards giving him their vital power and losing their strength in the process

>that's more than enough to feel indebted to someone for life
Yet he's a total fucking ass hole to Killia who has done well more for him than Kite. Gon wouldn't even had met up with Kite again if not for Killua giving up his reward from Green Island.

If Gon feels that strongly indebted to people, he would have felt the same way to Killua and not been a scumbag to him.

>leaves out the biggest asspull of all

Way to out yourself pikafag

He would definitely have gone to similar autistic lengths if something happened to Killua because of him. But that wasn't the case so i'm not sure why you're making it about him.
Plus Killua was a shit to him as well.

Who says Gon doesn't feel indebted to Killua?
Do you honestly think if Killua had died instead of Kite and Gon blamed himself he wouldn't go absolutely apeshit on Pitou?

>thinks Emperor's Time makes you 100% invincible or something

Do you want to get btfo too?

Meruem absorbing aura came from him eating people after they died.

The guards losing their strength means nothing. The problem is that they are somehow able to give it to him in the first place.

He literally only uses it for enhancement
Also the scarlet eyes making him stronger have been a thing since the exam arc, are you going to say it was an asspull when he fought the guy pretending to be Phantom Troupe?

They are his fucking royal guards. They are an special breed of ants that were born to serve the king in every way possible, it makes sense that they would be able to give him their life in extreme circumstances.

>literally just started learning nen
>hurrr here's this ability that makes me a near master nen level in all categories just because
>not counting his fucking chains and other abilities

Asspulllllllllll

>Plus Killua was a shit to him as well.
Yeah, totally. Did literally everything for Gon. Totally a shit.

>if something happened to Killua because of him
So Gon will be an asshole to Killua himself, but if someone else bad happens to Killua for random reasons he'll go to autistic lengths?

Not very consistent.

>Who says Gon doesn't feel indebted to Killua?
The fact he was an asshole to him.

>The problem is that they are somehow able to give it to him in the first place.
They have an inhuman physiology and they converted their own mass into something that Mereum can eat. He absorbs Aura by devouring flesh, they gave him their flesh. It's like you didn't even read the series.

>after they died
Source? Why does it change anything if the food he eats is from something dead or not?
>The problem is that they are somehow able to give it to him in the first place.
They've always been able to morph on the molecular level, just look at when Pouf split into billions of tiny particles or when Youpi grew a bunch of eyes

He had the exact same time as Gon and Killua to train his nen, even more because Gon was forbidden to train for a month. And it's stated that kurtas become stronger nen users when their eyes go scarlet as well as being possibly linked to the DC.

>The fact he was an asshole to him.
When?

It's 100% never mentioned in any context ever that they can transfer power to the king.
An ass pull is something out of no where and not explained.
Ants transferring power to each other is unprecedented.

You can say it makes sense all you want, but the fact it was never made a rule or established previously makes it an ass pull.

See

>Gon was forbidden to train for a month

2 months

>And it's stated that kurtas become stronger nen users when their eyes go scarlet as well as being possibly linked to the DC.

Not an argument

In the series. You should try reading it.
Despite some flaws, HxH is still pretty good.

>Meruem gets stronger by eating nen users
>Pouf and Youpi feed large bits of themselves to Meruem
>Meruem gets stronger
What do you not follow? Are you mentally challenged? This is a series for children and you can't understand something this simple.

Oh so you wanted them to say "In the case the king gets deadly injured we can sacrifice our life force to heal him" and ruin all the tension because you would expext that to happen by the end of the arc? You would be calling Togashi a shit storyteller then.

The better question is how in the fuck was some green hunter/nen user able to survive that fight long enough to even use chain jail?

>gets told wrong
>Not an argument

Holy shit kill yourself

WAAAAH WAHHH GON WAS A MEANIE TO KILLUA
KILLUA WAS A GOOD BOY HE DINDU NUFFIN

>literally does nothing to soothe Gon when he notices he's losing his shit
>admits Gon was right and that he was throwing a tantrum
>admits to Palm he just wants to be the one to help Gon
>immediately makes him feel guilty after he recovers from trying to kill himself
>ditches him like a dirty sock for his trap imouto

Fucking Killuafags. Always the worst cancer.

>but the fact it was never made a rule or established previously makes it an ass pull.
What?

Mereum can devour flesh to absorb the aura of others

The royal guards who fed him their bodies both exhibit the ability to transmute and transform their bodies. They then use this ability to convert themselves into something that the weakened Mereum can eat. This in turn heals his body.

The Royal Guard are insanely loyal to Mereum and are willing to die at his own hands if he so chooses.

Combine all three of these things and you have a reason why A) They could do what they did, and B) Why all of them died later on.

Quoting yourself doesn't prove your point.

>hurrr here's this ability that makes me a near master nen level in all categories just because
Emperor time doesn't make him a master, it gives him access to 100% of any nen category. The difference is that by default, if you're not using your affinity nen type you suffer weaker results the further you move. All this means is that he doesn't suffer from reduced capabilities, and thus the need for harsher restrictions to boost his own ability. But only for as long as his eyes stay red and he only uses it for healing during one fight.

>When my eyes go scarlet that means I win

Yea this was the first asspull. Uvo had to job to showcase how he was suddenly a master nen user after 6 months of training.

Is this all you fucks can talk about when it comes to HxH? Really pathetic desu.

I don't get this, Kite was going to kill that cub if Gon hadn't stopped him so I don't think he really molded himself after Kite at all. And it's Gon wanting to learn about his father's profession/the challenge of finding him that drives him to be a hunter, Kite was just the person who told him his father existed, his importance is entirely secondary, and when they meet in the manga Gon's reaction is more like "oh hey" than real admiration or anything.
I just think it was a bit of a stretch for Gon to basically throw his life and friend away for revenge for Kite.

So you don't have any actual examples of Gon being an asshole to Killua.
Got it.

He gets stronger from eating the nen of people he kills then eats, because he can't take all of their nen otherwise.

And you seem to be totally forgetting that he's not just getting their nen. He's magically getting his body rebuilt. Something that you can't even pretend was established in any way shape or form. Getting more nen does not heal your body. Or you could just use ren to regenerate limbs.

It wasn't done out of love, even if i'm sure he liked Kite very much, it was out of guilt. It's pretty clearly illustrated when he tries to argue if it was Pitou's or his fault that Kite died.

>spamming in all caps
I hope you don't expect a real reply.

Nah, the example is the series. I don't know why you're in a HxH thread if you haven't read the series.

>because he can't take all of their nen otherwise
Source?
>He's magically getting his body rebuilt.
Holy shit you fucking retard do you know how atoms work? This is middle school physics

So Gon's entire existence in the series is him being an asshole to Killua from the moment they met?
I doubt you've read HxH, you must be mistaking it for some other series.

>oh no i had to acknowledge i was wrong but luckily for me you typed two sentences in caps so tough luck buddy heh

>Godspeed is an asspull

Dunno why gon getting his nen back is suppose to be an asspull

Ging literally told us there would be a price to pay

>nigga you can't make a giant golden Guanyin Bodhisattva appear behind you

I like how you're trying to call other people retarded when you can't do anything but go "source????source???" and then try to quote physics.

Yes, I am fully aware of how atoms work. And no, just throwing atoms at something does not restore it to its original state. If someone loses an arm in real life throwing a desk (which is made of atoms) at them doesn't give them their arm back.

You trying to apply real life physics to this is about the dumbest thing you've ever done.

What the fuck else are we supposed to do it's not like Togashi even cares enough to release new content.

>He's magically getting his body rebuilt. Something that you can't even pretend was established in any way shape or form. Getting more nen does not heal your body. Or you could just use ren to regenerate limbs.
King is a distinctly non-human entity. Aura was something completely new to the Chimera Ants and we see that the "pure" ones can alter their bodies. Why is this so hard to understand?

I think it's that mistranslation.

Nope, only in the CA arc.

It shows you're not sane or reasonable. Meaning discussion with you is not possible.

>He's magically getting his body rebuilt.

Yes, at the cost of his royal guards losing their force and their own shapes. Youpi gets reduced to a minion in order to sacrifice his full body shape to restore Meruem's body. Is that really hard to get?

>You trying to apply real life physics to this is about the dumbest thing you've ever done.
And yet here you are, crying that a fucking human ant hybrid with magic powers can regenerate.

>We need proper knowledge of this fictional mutant beasts' functions before seeing them or it is an asspull
I guess the first time Chimera Ants started using Nen is an asspull. The Queen's sons being able to speak is an asspull too.

i thought gon had nen; its just that he cannot see it himself.

>we see that the "pure" ones can alter their bodies
The fuck are you talking about?
Yuupi is the only one who can alter his body and rebuild parts that go missing.

If the king can be healed by cumming inside of him, then why did Pufuu not just do that when the king ripped his arm off and instead had to get Pituo to reattach it.

>you can't do anything but go "source????source???"
Because you made a claim saying that he has to "kill his victims otherwise he can't get their nen" or some other equally stupid shit that was literally never stated.

(You)

>I need magic explained to me with actual physics otherwise I'll call it asspulllll

>Nope, only in the CA arc.
So when he's completely distraught over Kite's death and solely blaming Kite's death on himself?
That's when he's a bit of a dick to his best friend?
Great argument.
You know Killua is a fictional character and thus can't suck your dick no matter how much you defend him on the internet, right?

>Yuupi is the only one who can alter his body and rebuild parts that go missing.
Mothman literally turns his own body into mini-me's and pollen.

>If the king can be healed by cumming inside of him, then why did Pufuu not just do that when the king ripped his arm off and instead had to get Pituo to reattach it.
Because his life wasn't in danger? Because the arm was still there as opposed to vaporized by a nuke?

Ignore the first two sentences if they bother you so much then, and you'll have a perfectly reasonable and coherent post.
But we both know you just want to dodge my points because you're wrong.

Man, I hate how stupid people are in HxH threads. It's insane.

>Yes, at the cost of his royal guards losing their force and their own shapes.
This doesn't make it not an ass pull, moron. It happening in the first place is the ass pull.

>And yet here you are, crying
Who's crying? Not me. You're the one freaking out over someone saying there is a flaw in your favorite series.
And it's not that he can regenerate, it's that he regenerates out of no where and unexplained.

>We need proper knowledge of this fictional mutant beasts' functions before seeing them or it is an asspull
Yes.

>I guess the first time Chimera Ants started using Nen is an asspull.
>The Queen's sons being able to speak is an asspull too.
Of course not. They directly say that anything humans can do they can do because they're based of humans.