Mahoutsukai no Yome / The Ancient Magus Bride

It's legit, we're getting a tv anime this Fall. Thanks based WIT

twitter.com/kisechii/status/839511596535689217

What's this? Is it worth caring about or is it just a generic LN adaptation?

>it's another shoujo with a red haired main character
Is it at least better than Shirayuki was?

It's Seinen, actually.

When's the next OVA?

when's the next ova prequel

hope the quality will be the same for tv

Fukken hyped

March 10's the release of the DVD bundled volume. Crunchyroll will probably release it subbed soon after just like the first OVA.

It's kind of like Natsume Yuujinchou but more western themed and darker.

Fuck adaptions, there are very few exceptions. We need less adaptions and more original anime.

What is the point of adapting this manga? A weekly TV anime will most likely not keep the same high standard of art, it won't adapt the whole story because it's too long already (and they'll likely cut out parts). And worst of all it will fill the once nice and peaceful threads with memelord secondaries and shitposting.

Natsume can and does get equally or even more depressing at times, especially the manga which is a little different in tone to the anime. But I suppose this is darker in the sense that there is more clearcut. and literally dark, evil.

>airing after SnK
>Wit
It's fucked, isn't it? I hope they changed staff.

Natsume is sadness and loss.
Mahou tsukai no yome is impending death.

>impending death
It's been a while since the last time I read the manga. What did you mean by this?

Chise is dying. She always has been.
Every time she's reckless and messes up she comes closer to dying and no one knows how to fix her
It's basically a story about a magic leukemia orphan

>a magic leukemia orphan

And now she's dying even faster than before.

I really hate this meme about it not being animated well because it's gonna air after SNK 2.

Blame the sakugafags on twatter.

Specially after training the excess magic from the dragon.
Fuck, he saw his friend get killed and butchered .

>I see this random thing that I don't know about because I'm new, so I'll just assume it's an LN and ask people to spoonfeed me

>I make random incorrect assumptions about demographics

I don't know how you'd fuck up these things in the first place, but even so, five seconds in google would have fixed your idiocy. This is a shounen manga adaptation. It's been pretty popular on Sup Forums for a good while now and had OVAs and shit, I'm not sure how you aren't aware of it.

But it's the truth user

The SnK team isn't working on it.

C'mon man, Shirayuki is the fucking bomb. The fuck do you mean by "at least better"?

That is one of the best romances of all time. It's not harem, it's not stupid, characters are smart and have depth (apart from some of the villains) and there's acutal progress with the main couple (at least to some point).

I'm actually angry because things like Toradora receive so much praise unironically (and don't get me wrong, Toradora is not bad or anything), but the good stuff like White Album and Shirayuki get these super serious critics (not you, other people).

Also, Mahoutsukai no Yome completely different from Shirayuki. There are literally no parallels, and it is very good.

Also, Shirayuki is fucking beautiful.

Nice. The OVAs have been pretty good too.

> the good stuff like White Album
Wait, White Album or White Album 2? 2 gets tons of love, while the original is just bad.

The original is incomparably more rich and complex than 2, but more poorly executed (the anime, not the VN's).

I love 2, but the original is my favorite of the two by far. So much that my opinion just doesn't count, it's too biased.

>those clothes

Goddamn. I donĀ“t know what it is about over-sized hoods and sleeves and billowing cloaks, but I just love that shit.

I adore the Final Fantasy White Mage look.

Actually, Priest, going by Final Fantasy Tactics, where most girls also happened to be redheads. Unf.

oh, so not just the three OVAs?

I hope it does well. Will this be the first anime WIT has done that isn't heavily action-based?