youtu.be/mqhvMP3opLM
youtube.com/watch?v=A1xbRNRKQ0k
youtu.be/If3111iO0ZY
youtu.be/sUKbHSK2Be0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OVA was better and way less leftist.

Best OST
youtube.com/watch?v=x5N_sS8bX50

Just Toyko arc. But the rest ain't bad at all.

Quads confirm that Rurouni Kenshin is GOAT

Quads confirm. Rurouni Kenshin GOAT

So what is in your opinion the GOAT shonen?

Dragon Ball says hello

I watched one episode it was shit.

READ THE MANGA

The OVA is one of the highest achievements in the entire genre bro

The Remembrance arc is my favorite. His past with Tomoe really breaks my heart though.

This.
I watched this 5 years ago with people who don't even like anime, and we still talk about how good it is.

The fucking OST alone, my god.

youtu.be/C9HKCI8UgLA?list=PL9A26684E958CF532

Kenshin is so fucking feminine, I see him and that girl as lesbians.

Nice get.

Not sure if GOAT but it's up there.

Yes.
The Trust and Betrayal OVA is still unmatched.

HNK is one of the fathers of Shonen.

Is it nostalgia, or does Rurouni Kenshin genuinely hold up well

This is still one of my fav episodes, still rewatch it from time to time. The BGM is amazing.

Trust and Betrayal came out in 1999 and still hasn't been surpassed.

I haven't watched much of the anime but what I have seen I saw recently and its a solid shonen.

Even if there were some issues with the various Kenshin series, overall the whole series had some amazing songs at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=u1-t3mpcEN8

Kenshin still holds up well. It's got great characters, the action and animation is decent and the the Kyoto arc is still one of the best shonen arcs I've read.

Shame that the Enishi arc was never animated.

>Shame that the Enishi arc was never animated.

Shame it didn't end after Kyoto. The Enishi shit was retarded. People complain about the anime original shit and they're right too but this wasn't better. Jinchuu was fuck awful.

>overall the whole series had some amazing songs at least.
THIS
The OST is great
youtube.com/watch?v=lA2u5CaODcU

I prefer Great Teacher Onizuka

the manga obviously

they are

FMA is better

No. Kenshin was an annoying liberal moralfag who was basically betting the entire future of Japan on his shitty reverse sword technique which was vastly inferior to his old method of fighting. Fighting fascists does not make you as bad them, killing murders does not make you a murderer.

>and way less leftist.
Back to Sup Forums you go

The canon anime episodes are really great, I never bothered with the filler though.

Sup Forums is always right, you sore loser

Its is a Shoujo pretending to be shonen.

Kenshin doesn't not kill because or morality, retard. He doesn't kill because he's sick of it after the war where he killed a metric fuckton of dudes and it fucked him up and if the government wants him to help them it's going to be on his terms.

Heaven forbid we have a character with a sense of values instead of once again becoming a hitman.

I still give this a listen to this day

You're pretty retarded. Kenshin knows that killing is necessary at times, he says it several times throughout the show. But he himself doesn't want to do it anymore. He'd rather save lives than take them. He's already done enough killing.

>moralfag
god forbid a series aimed at children tries to impart healthy values.

HxH > Kenshit

youtu.be/mqhvMP3opLM

Haha no.

I like Kenshin as a person

youtube.com/watch?v=A1xbRNRKQ0k

Some of these tracks are god-tier

The kyoto arc was so fucking great

Aoshi's theme was one of my favorites tracks

youtu.be/If3111iO0ZY

I mean he had to have known Saito was gonna flat out murder the shit out of his enemies

>best shounen
>not Outlaw Star

Ha.

youtu.be/sUKbHSK2Be0

>Outlaw Star
The manga ran in a seinen magazine so I'm pretty sure the anime would be considered seinen as well.

I love Misao

Read the manga and watched the OVAs. As other anons mentioned the OVAs are unmatched. Not sure about the anime in itself as I never watched it but the manga was incredible too.
Saito a best.
I am kinda afraid about the new arc the author will write this spring. Hope he won't ruin it because he ran out of money and ideas for something else.

The OVAs are overrated garbage. One of them is decent, sure but it's generally just a generic somber war story about an origin we didn't really need to see explained and the other one is a retarded piece of shit that's at complete odds with the tone of the series

I thoug he was making it because his other works failed.

very close but no.

checking those sick digits though

I think Busou Renkin got axed too early. It looked like it was clearly going somewhere but just needed time to build up. It's kind of sad Watsuki could never even come close to what he had with Kenshin. Kenshin was just too good.

Fuck yes, was searching for this theme

Yeah I hate the OVAs. Everything is depressing and grimdark

I'll always have a soft spot for Kenshin because it was the first series I was subscribed to, back when VHS fansub mailing rings were still a thing.

>Yeah I hate the OVAs. Everything is depressing and grimdark
Well the OVA tell us the story about his first wive's death so obviously it's going to depressing and dark.

The second one had his son grow up hating him and running off, ending with Kenshin dying in the middle of the street. Fuck that noise.

The second one was really bad and didn't really made any sense.
But the first one is definitely a must-see

The manga still holds up well. Consistent characterisations, good character dynamics, decently developed plot and it actually concluded things properly.

This. He flat out tell you this in the very first episode/arc against the fake battosai. That guy must have not paid attention to the dialogue.

no,but this is

>t that's at complete odds with the tone of the series
The tone of the series is all over the fucking place

It's not grimderp depression. There's moments of genuine seriousness and emotion but it's still at it's core a romance comedy

Nostalgia. The anime is pretty bad in the sense that its mostly filler with no end. The manga only has one truly good arc while the rest is pretty forgettable and mediocre despite that I think the relationship between Kenshin and Kaoru is generally compelling and one of the best shounen romances ever written. Its probably a series that won't live up to the hype but its not bad.

As other anons have stated (other than the contrarian faggot) The Trust and Betrayal OVAs are the peak of the franchise and are almost way too good for it given the direction and storyline being more mature than anything Watsuki could convey in the manga, you don't need to be a fan of the franchise to appreciate its quality. Revelations is a huge step down though and can pretty much be skipped.

>Muh mature OVA

>Hey Kenshin war is bad okay you should settle down or some shit
>I know now that war is bad after personal tragedy

the ova is what a highschooler would call mature

>It's not grimderp depression.
Yeah instead its just unfunny "oro" gags and shitty comedy in the midst of blood and gore and talks about imperialism, slavery and genocide.

>but it's still at it's core a romance comedy
You're an idiot.

Why does she look so generic in the anime? Manga version is much cuter.

The Trust and Betrayal OVAs settled on one tone while retaining the core of the series and its themes and pulled it off well. As a comedy Kenshin is not funny and those interludes interrupt the flow of the story constantly and clash with the dramatic elements. This is not to say that Kenshin works solely as a drama given how terrible Revelations and those Shin Kyoto Arc OVAs are for being too serious and melodramatic with no sense of levity.

>Its a contrarian tries too hard episode.

Good luck getting anyone to give a shit what you think.

>Where muh oros!
>There's too much bloodshed in this Samurai anime!
>Its too mean-spirited and serious!
>Where's muh gags and oros!

Do you retards hate the live action movies too? Because those are mostly serious as well. Kenshin never worked as a comedy.

The manga is still good but the anime aged like milk.