Sword Art Online the Movie

SAO movie release today (3/9) in the US, have you gotten your ticket yet? I hope the movie does well.

Other urls found in this thread:

fathomevents.com/event/sword-art-online-the-movie
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Going to the 8:00 p.m. showing tomorrow. Only really decided to go since it was playing in my town and I wouldn't have to drive out to the city.

At least you guys don't have retarded blame pushing distributors like Odex.

>SAO

Kill yourself normalfags.

fuck u nerd

It releases next week for me I'll go watch it

It's okay to enjoy watching SAO, you just have to know that it's shit while you watch it.

Screencap this boys. It will win an Oscar for Best Animated Feature in the U.S. next year.

I almost never go to movies anymore, and it gives me an excuse to get out of the house and enjoy myself for once.

I just hope the theater won't be filled with primarily small children or teens who can't keep their mouths shut.

is it subbed or dubbed ?

Anime in theaters is always dubbed. Only certain niche foreign films are ever shown subbed, and those are usually indicated in the cinema's description.

SAO is subbed. There isn't even a dub cast yet for the movie.

Subbed.

If you think an English dub can come out this early, you're delusional.

If SAO wins an award for anything ever I'll be fucking furious

Pretty sure SAO has won multiple awards in Japan.

>tfw it's airing in my city
I'm really tempted to see it just because non-Ghibli anime movies just never come to my city

I fucking hate SAO though

jap awards don't count

The first cour should have been 20 episodes, and had 6 more episodes about them clearing the floors, then ended with the same shit as episode 14, but under different circumstances, and there should have been no second cour. Would have been an 8/10 if they did that.

Let me guess, it doesn't count unless it's in a country where "simplified english" is a thing?

They actually used this movie's premiere in LA to announce they are dubbing it funnily enough.

I'm ready to see some cosplayers in my theater and cringe my way through.

>sao
>movie
>paying to see sao

AAAHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA hahaha haa...

Ha ha.

No.

Oh yeah, if there would be cosplayers I'd totally go. Not for the movie, mind you. Just have my imouto take pics of me cockslapping them.

I already went and saw it in cinemas today. I'm an ausfag so even though we have the same release date we got it half a day before you guys did.

It was ok.

Simuldubs are a thing. Forgive me, I'm so used to to American theaters playing for plebs that I made an off-the-cuff assumption.

It was only like 15 bucks.

Kill yourself.

>tfw no gf like asuna

Kill yourself.

No

Doesn't play here
Gotta wait for the BDs

kirito is a pussy ass bitch

Me and 3 friends seeing it on the weekend, i didn't finish season 2 but i enjoyed season 1 back in the day, though i had a large hiatus between then and now.

I'm bringing my date to the SAO movie

Pirate and laugh at SAO all you want, but the only people who win by you buying a ticket for the movie is the people who make this trash and the genuine fans.

Go and spend your time/money on something that you enjoy or get something out of instead of paying and watching this movie "ironically". You are just like the people who try to justify why they watch broadcasted garbage reality tv.

What if I actually like SAO and wanna watch it?

Watched it a few hours ago in Sydney. It was quite enjoyable. The fight scenes were loud as fuck though and I guess learning Kendo via a tablet makes you OP IRL.

The post is aimed at the people who don't like it, but still pay for the movie. Sword Art Online is bad, but it's non offensive bad. I can understand people 16 or under liking it, but if you really like it then watch it. It's just that there are a lot of far better stuff out there.

>I guess learning Kendo via a tablet
Didn't Kirito's grandpa force him to learn Kendo when he was younger? His sister is also apparently able to join national tournaments or something, IIRC.

Just wanted to point out that "Suguha" sounds like the word for "sow" or female pig where I come form.

It was loud as fuck in adelaide too, thought it was just a shit cinema

The last min of the credits had some new images + there was an after credits scene so don't trip over in the dark trying to rush out when the credits start rolling.

This shit got a movie? God damn it, why did the most boring, bland as shit anime franchise have to become one of the most popular of all time. SAO does not deserve a movie, it barely deserves an hour long OVA. The characters have no personality outside of "I want to suck Kirito's dick", there's never been an interesting story or character arc, and the concept of having to actually live in a video game has been wasted by terrible writing and bullshit escapist fantasies. SAO's only saving graces have been its animation and production value, but it still barely scrapes by as a 5/10 average piece of crap. I seriously can't fathom how this show got so popular outside of inbreds who think "derr, kirito an cool in vidja, and I play vidja, so I an cool."

Anime was a mistake.

>tfw you have until june
only to watch the dubbed version

Stay mad.

How long will it play in the theaters?

It made 1.3 billion in 3 weeks. I want it to beat LL

Stay a mindless bitch that can't form an actual argument against any kind of dissenting opinion and has to rely on stock "lol u mad bro xdd" come backs.

If I do put up a serious argument, 9 times out of 10 my response has always been ">defending sao, lol"
I've long since given up on repeating myself every time a detractor starts spouting nonesense.
I accept that hating SAO is currently the "cool thing to do" within the English speaking anime community.

But it doesn't matter; whether you want to call SAO "boring" or "bland", "shit" and "terrible", it doesn't change the fact that SAO is currently more popular than your favorite animu, and will continue to get anime for so long as Kadokawa can milk it. This film's success and popularity only further cements this fact, and flies in the face of detractors who wish to pretend "SAO is dead and irrelevant", just because some guy on YouTube can rave for 2 hours.

So I repeat: Stay Mad.

Your "opinion" is strictly subjective thus it does not require any arguments to disprove.
Stay mad

Both of you need to seriously calm the fuck down. You're not going to accomplishing anything by bickering and bitching about a soviet flip-book. Either go see it or don't. It's your life and your price of admission.

I more so hate SAO's popularity than the actual anime itself. Like I said, I think it's a 5/10, ok but nothing special. It suffers from poor writing, but the visuals and production help make up for this. That's why I don't think it deserves a movie or even the following it's gathered. I never made the claim that SAO is "dead and irrelevant" as you seem to think I did. That said, you are right that it will most likely stay popular until the next huge fad comes along to eat up the less die hard fans of the show.

Also, I'm not hating on SAO because it's "cool." I've watched enough of it to know that it's not for me, and that I think it's pretty boring. Your post still hasn't addressed any of the points I brought up, or why you personally enjoy the show (if you do at all.)

Of course my opinion is subjective, it's a fucking opinion, not a fact. You can still argue with someone over opinions, you just won't come to a definite conclusion.

So you can't actually elucidate anything wrong with it, you just don't like an anime being popular?

Ok then. Sasuga Sup Forums.

user, they're currently working on the dub at this moment. The movie is subbed.

It gets a movie because it sells. Stop being a hipster fag who hates something just because it's popular.

I literally said I don't like SAO because I think it's poorly written and boring. I was clearing up the fact that my post was more an attack on the popularity of the show than the show itself. Please try and construct an actual point next time you respond to someone.

I don't like SAO but the designs from this movie look really good

It's like half-good, I'd warrant it a movie watch.

To be honest it's popularity depends on if you can overlook some of it flaws or not. People who can't overlook it will of course keep complaining about it. People who can will enjoy the show regardless, but would like if some things would be better executed.

Of course you have fanboys who think SAO doesn't do anything wrong and perfect, but I disagree with them on that opinion. Just like how I disagree with the hate fandom for this series that would like to shove down how much they hate this series up everyone throat regardless if they accept the series flaws or not.

Oh shit, a reply that isn't "lel u just mad cus soa is popular"

Anyway, I pretty much agree completely. Most people can overlook the bad stuff if it looks cool, and SAO legitimately nails the cool stuff most of the time. Hell, cool > logic is the reason JoJo is so popular, and god knows I love JoJo.

Also, yeah, people who go out of their way to let people know they hate something are pretty awful, and my original post was extremely vitriolic. I just haven't been able to express my opinions to anyone recently, so it all just kind of came spewing out.

Thanks for making a post that actually brings up a good point.

Way to prove yourself to be a normalfag

I saw a movie. It was very good.

nice shilling bro, how much did japan pay you to make that post?

I'd say the movie is worth watching for anyone who's seen both seasons of the show. You don't have to be a SAO superfan to enjoy the movie, if you can find the franchise to be reasonably entertaining then the movie will satisfy. The action scenes are pretty much the highlight of the movie and are the best of the franchise so far. It's amazing how SAO continues to attract top action animation talent.

It's just nine bucks.

how much is that in japaroons? %10000000?

This. The plot holes are everywhere but you're already used to that. It's a pretty movie and has really cool effects and action sequences (the AR transformation of the city always got me, even if it reused the opening shot every time)
You'll also like the movie if you like Asuna, she gets plenty of screentime.

the actual plot is hot garbage though

1000円

Exactly. Who the fuck would pay to watch SAO? You'd have to pay me to watch that shit.

Leak when?

>not enjoying watching kirito kick ass

What?

Well, at least they are paying to watch an actual movie, unlike the people who pays to watch recaps.

why do you hope that, its not like you make any of the profit

used

Going to the Boston screening tonight!

This movie should be seen at a movie theater.
I had a good experience.

I'm going to the NYC screening tonight.

I'm expecting the audience to do stupid shit to ruin the experience, but hopefully the experience will be worth it.

Can someone post smugs?

>The only thing I sorta liked abut the anime were a few tracks from soundtrack.
>Soundtrack for the movie is shit.

It was good. The last battle was retarded but nice.

Also, Klein being useless as always.

>Not enjoying watching Eiji kick ass

The more times you watch the faster season 3 will come out

At least 8 weeks. Likely 3 months.

>student rate
Are you in high school?

No.
My work is a ninja.

I watched this movie at teathers last weekend in Mexico

It was ok.

>start SAO thread
>guaranteed replies since it's popular
>even more guaranteed replies from autists sperging out because they think their tastes are special
Have a (You) OP

But Klein did something. I think he fought the last boss with everyone else.

Considering the movie is literally coming out tonight (or yesterday, depending on where you live), it's not exactly a stupid reason to make a thread.

Are online tickets still a thing?

I'd be interested in seeing it but I don't want to have to say it at the box office.

You have to pick them up at the counter as a will call at this point, I believe.

Fuck that. Guess I'll just wait it out again and download the BD later.

Tickets were too expensive at the theaters near me for something that I don't care that much about. I'll just wait for the BD if it actually ends up being worth watching. I'm definitely catching Kizu next month though.

It probably depends on your cinema.

This movie isn't going to beat Love Live's nor Madoka Magica Rebellion's box office numbers in Japan, right?

Just go check Fathom Events or the website of your local theater and see.

>fathomevents.com/event/sword-art-online-the-movie

It ended up being one town over from me so I'm going for the 8 pm showing tonight. I should be leaving shortly, actually. I hope they aren't out of free shit by the time I get there.

I went to the Kizu screening in NYC, northern Manhattan. Some one-screen place. Legit big chandelier and nice looking, but still sketchy as fuck.

It was a fun experience. Everyone was respectful.

I'm not sure if they're giving out any free stuff. I don't see anything here.

They gave out free stuff for watching the movie on different weeks in the Japanese screening, including a 100 page side-story about Eiji and Yuna from when they played SAO.

But I don't think over-seas theatres will do the same.

>Not enjoying watching Kirito faceplant