The fact that Ippo has lost twice while Takamura is still undefeated basically guarantees Takamura will die before the...

The fact that Ippo has lost twice while Takamura is still undefeated basically guarantees Takamura will die before the manga ends, right? The story can't end with Ippo still being second banana to someone in his own gym.

He'll be fine. Now let him get ready for his next fight.

It's essentially impossible for Ippo to exceed Takamura's legacy. We'd have to have another two thousand chapters for Ippo to catch up.

>kill off the only reason people put up with this trash for 1000+ chapters

Yeah, sounds like a great idea.

I thought Ippo had the largest banana?

More likely Takamura will do a Floyd Mayweather and get his titles revoked because of some inane bullshit and end his career.

>takamura promised kamogawa 6 world belts
>he loses his final fight as kamagawa's health finally fails him and it's up to ippo to get the 6th

No. Takamura is just a monster who is gifted and a born fighter.

Ippo is just your normal person who took up boxing. Ippo will never at Takamura's level given their size (which means weight) difference.

>people still don't know Takamura is based on Shinji Takehara, the only nip to win the middlweight world belt, who was undefeated (24-0) until he lost due to a detached retina

Guess what Takamura's current record is.

>The story can't end with Ippo still being second banana to someone in his own gym.

What is it with millenials and their psychotic obsession with having the protagonist be a narrative black hole and most important person who ever lived?

>Implying Ippo isn't about personal improvement
Is literally his name, check the first chapter pun

>The story can't end with Ippo still being second banana to someone in his own gym.
But he's the bigger banana

Fuck that.

This.

Takamura's path to the world title(s) is much more fast paced for a reason. Ippo actually has more of a struggle in his story, which is why he's the focus.

Personally I'm waiting for satisfying conclusions to Kimura and Aoki's bullshit. They better not be fuckups to the end.

>millenials
I'm pretty sure you're part of that generation, a non. unless you're part of the degenerate post-millenial babbies that is.

Literally? No. Spiritually, hell yes. And it's going to happen in his next fight. And it will also be the motivation Ippo needs to 'cross the line'.

More's the pity. After power-chugging through the Manga, I was starting to visualize Ippo somehow someway provoking Takamura into a fight in the gym ring.

I don't know why people think a character doing really well equals them biting the dust.

Burning bright, etc

People think every story has to follow Ashita no Joe.

>before the manga ends

kek

this shit's ending at whatever chapter it's at when the mangaka dies from lack of oxygen in his blood

Well, Morikawa is "only" 51 years old so, it could happen.

He does, it's the only thing where Takamura has accepted defeat.

I just realized something. is kamogawa bad coach?

There is a sneaking suspicion that his pool of knowledge ends at the national level. Anything above that and he appears to be a bit out of depth, at least with coaching Takamura

well that would seem obvious since his career as a fighter was ended by his own hands(no pun intended) and he doesnt have experience. but I meant on a technical level when it comes to ippo. I mean ippo thinks of kamogawa as god. I would need to rewatch but the only tips I see him give is "turtle defense boy" or "get some spirit boy"

I used to love Takamura, but he went from being a guy who was hard on the other guys in the gym while genuinely caring about them to becoming nothing but a massive cunt to everyone and on the rare occasion he's called out on it he just makes a dick joke to side step the conversation.
It also doesn't help with how recently he's been thrown around in his most recent fights but just pulls a victory out of his ass, especially the Richard fight. I want Takamura to take a hard loss and see how he handles it.

why did that pic made me laugh
> he he I got this he he

Hey man, he also taught him about oxygen.

The guy ended his career by retardedly smashing a log into the ground with his bare hands. When Ippo used a sledgehammer to train he thought he was a genius.

His time will come.

>but just pulls a victory out of his ass,

That's because it's not about his fights. His fights are just there to remind us how high the ceiling is so Ippo still has room to grow.

well theres my answer the coach is a retard. sure pretty sledgehammers were invented.

Takamura's story will be about a naturally gifted fighter who gets slowly worn down as he tries to win 6 title belts. We see this being hinted since the unification fight.

Ippo's story is about an ordinary kid whom, through hard work, determination and oxygen muscles gets stronger and stronger through adversity and will reach heights nobody thought he would.

I want Itagaki to beat Ippo to the belt to for the sheer salt.

Yes if you compare him to actual irl boxing coaches kamogawa is a hack who got lucky finding takamura on the street and should be in jail for gross misconduct and carelessness regarding his students

Takamura is a shit.