Will there ever be a better action series?

Will there ever be a better action series?

Is such a thing even possible? I'm starting to doubt it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Gantz was shit. Especially when the long haired guy painted himself to look like a black person and did a mass shooting.

Found the black guy.

Perhaps it was promising, but burnt ount really quickly. And then it spiraled down to the real, literal shit.

What's about the self-painting that made the series shit for you?

Yeah, Gantz has an amazing basic concept/premise that's squandered almost instantly. It's patently clear the author had only one good idea and then nowhere to go with it, and that he had no thoughts whatsoever on the meaning behind it.

This. The first few chapters were amazing, interesting, exiting, too bad it didn't live up to expectations and ended as a piece of garbage.

It doesn't seem like a really stupid plan to you?

>guy painted himself to look like a black person and did a mass shooting.
Gantz had a large number of issues but that was definitely not one of them.

I mean, it was an issue, just not even in the top 20.

What's the best way to get into gantz? Manga, anime, VN?

Dog and Panda a best

Seriously don't it's fucking terrible in pretty much every way.
Whatever reason it appeals to you -- action, intrigue/ontological mystery, violence, monsters, etc. -- it will let you down. It's not satisfying no matter what your angle.

It's a pretty interesting base concept but they destroy any potential it has within the first few chapters/episodes.

Hey wait

Whatever happened to that dog

THEN TELL ME HOW TO EXPERIENCE THE FIRST BIT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Got killed during Buddha mission

Just read the manga and ignore the rest.
Watch Gantz:0 once you have read the Osaka arc to avoid spopiler

i've always been interested in gantz since 2009 but cbf to try it until i said fuck it and watched the netflix thing. knowing nothing about it, i enjoyed it more than i thought i would. Then i read the manga. its ok i guess, but i read it all in one sitting, i guess the experience would have been different if i was following it regularly.

I do have to say, it had alot of potential, as in explore the other teams. and the last arc was the weakest i think. The only driving force for me was me wanting the otp fianlly meet again, i think that part was really handled well. and i wish they'd done more with the antagonist for the last arc too

Yeah I mean
I guess read through the first few missions if you can tolerate them
But for me there was so much standing around and not doing anything and having cyclical conversations and I just couldn't enjoy it, they took forever to do anything and then the action itself was kinda muddled

i really liked how gantz:0 fleshed out the osaka part. since i saw it first before reading, the Osaka arc in the manga felt not as satisfying as it could have been

>everything in the manga felt not as satisfying as it could have been
FTFY

did it hurt your inner Tyrone?

will there ever be a more pitiful milf?

>got knocked up at age 20
>couldn't even keep the father around
>dies and leaves her 3 year old to fend for itself
>sinks her teeth into a 17 year old High School kid
>dies again and has to be revived with 100 points

I like how she's fucked and alone in Osaka and will probably never make it out

Butter dog was killed by one of the statues.

In the manga, the Osaka team has a few survivors, and one of them brings her back as a favor to Kurono, instead of him having to do it himself.

it was sweeter this way imo.

Do we ever see that or is it just assumed? I know in the anime it's shown but I didn't see the dog actually die in the manga.

Never shown, just like the panda.

Panda presumably survives though.

Just answer his fucking question, he didn't ask for your short review. I also want to know if I should start with the manga or the anime.

Manga is the better option, then. The anime has pretty poor quality all around and stretches the pacing from bad to glacial. The manga's got better pacing by virtue of being able to read it faster.
Anime is also shorter and weaker, plus it pads the material of the manga in places it wasn't needed.
Also occasional translation problems.

Dont even think about the anime

Go straight to the manga and then watch Gantz 0

Last thing i remember seeing is the main team joining up with a more experienced team in a different town or country and one of the other teams guy raping an alien in the middle of a battle

Did it get good after that?

Gantz was the predecessor to Game of Thrones style shows where the excitement/thrill of the show is generally derived from pawn piece style characters that may or may not be gone the very next chapter.

Gantz was great great til the black orb origin reveal.

Along with what said, the filler characters in the anime are shoved so hard into the plot that it can be infuriating.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to stop the entire Buddha statue mission to introduce the hobo killers?[/Spoiler]

That was the highest point of the series.

You're pretty stupid if you think that.

He needed to die to begin with while bringing a bunch of people with him like Gantz wanted. It wouldn't have ended well for him in the room if people knew it was him the entire time. Especially since he would be transferred last. They would just kill him as he got transferred in. He never let go of his gun even when he got blown up by Kurono, but it didn't get transferred with him. Muscle and psychics would've raped him.

That was the only good point for about 50 chapters in either direction.

Also a few short missions later, giant aliens invade earth and the gantz missions end and from then to the finale it's all just about the giant aliens invading

Still not as bad as spending like 3 fucking episodes to set up the granny and kid for the Tanaka/Suzuki aliens

Gantz is literally Tokyo Ghoul but everyone likes it for some reason

Did they ever explain the reason behind the missions?

some german autistic girls was giving out message of god and rich people were using gantz as entertainment

>Did they ever explain the reason behind the missions?
Yes, in ways that contradict each other and conflict directly with the early missions/story:

The Gantz ball and all the others like it are man-made. A race of cliche aliens beamed the tech/blueprints to earth to save us from a different race of aliens (the ones that invade in the third arc). They sent only the technology -- allegedly then it was humans that added the "game"-like aspects, ostensibly to make it into sort of a bloodsport, which was broadcast for sadistic elites/actors/politicians all over the globe.

HOWEVER they were ALSO allegedly meant as training for the inevitable alien invasion which the same elites knew was coming eventually, with the logic being that whatever nation survived the onslaught could easily go on to rule the world.

These don't work together, leave gaping plotholes (e.g. why not use trained soldiers instead of children and grandmothers if mankind itself is going to be at stake, why abandon the healing/resurrection powers of the ball when aliens invade so you have an army of unkillable revenants, why introduce rules that ultimately impede them, why do the guns have stupid delays and shit, etc etc etc), and ultimately leave out a lot of early-story and inevitable questions, like what's with the fucking leetspeak, why encourage Izumi and shit like that, why target non-hostile aliens, what's with the aliens, why do the aliens resemble traditional folklore monsters and have seemingly magical non-technological powers, etc.

It's a shit explanation that clearly was scraped together after the fact by an author who never intended to explain Gantz in the first place because it so clearly doesn't fit with anything.

I feel like authors should just tell you if they are going to bullshit the story from the start instead of wasting months and even years following something only to be let down

>everyone likes it
Most people think its shit meanwhile Tokyo Ghoul attracts teenagers

>wasting months and even years
Gantz ran for 13 years.

Gantz is okay, I enjoyed it. Didn't think it's the best of all time but it did enjoy me for all the edgy shit it did. I'm just surprised the MC stayed with the plain girl, instead of the model.

The only thing I didn't like was the Vampires. You have a Sci-Fi series and introduce vampires with no conclusion was really stupid. If they ever make more movies like Gantz:0 which I honestly really liked. I hope they skip Vampires completely.

It's an edgy series from an edgy writer, but there was plenty of action, nudity, horror that kept me reading. I hope for the best is all I can say for the series. I don't know how long it would take to make another movie like Gantz:0

>I'm just surprised the MC stayed with the plain girl, instead of the model.
Honestly this was the part I liked the most. I kept waiting for the inevitable betrayal but it never came. He started dating her as a dare/prank/joke and they fell in love. I thought it was sweet.

>Vampires
what the fuck with this though
it didn't even fucking go anywhere
their whole storyline just fizzled out

Are you fucking kidding

Damn I want to see it now. Race realist creators huh

But mass shootings are a white people thing.