Bleach

In the end, was it really that bad?

for most people yeah

shipping wars aside, yes it was.

So many plotholes and missed opportunities, Kubo did not care to explain them all, not even in the side story novel where Rukia and Renji had their wedding.

Yes, it was horrible

Yes it should have ended with volume 48

kubo kept introducing new characters instead of just focusing on all the old interesting ones

It was overall mediocre. It does have good parts though but the bad stuff shows up much more often.

>You will never Bankai on Orihime's chest, or Nel's chest, or Rankigu's chest, or Yoruchi's ass, or Riruka's butt or Rukia's thighs or in Karin and Yuzu
s mouths.

Stop user

Yes, the ending was a complete mess.

He tried giving just about everyone spotlight time which meant nobody got satisfying endings. Many characters got only half finished endings, like wolf man and Kira.

And it was just really tedious. Typical Bleach style of "One character is winning, the other side pulls out a new technique, then the other side pulls out a new technique and go back and forth forever". The fight against the viking guy was so pointless. Kenpachi gets his bankai and ice kid has some never aforementioned bullshit about how when his timer runs out its actually a power up. And yet they still couldn't win. They only survived because Ywach soul sucked the viking

If it was condensed to 12 or 24 episodes, it would probably have been great.

Just like any other show that milks its customers for all they're worth for hundreds of episodes, it was utter shit. Hell, it barely even qualifies as anime, a better classification would be a picture slide for retards that can't remember anything for more than a couple of minutes.

Shitty YuYu Hakusho rip-off.

It was worse

>Fucking badddddddddd end for manga reader
>Good end for ichigo himself

I thought it was great up until they rescued rukia and then it just became pointless.

>I'm too retarded to follow a show for more than 2 seasons

Wew.

It started alright, showed some promises and then missed every time it could be interesting again.
In the end it dragged on and on for little to no reason and all action ended up being pointless and empty of stakes since all the underlying elements and "rules" kept being re-written, every confrontation would just end whenever someone pulled a plot-gun big enough to break the other's plot-armor.

so it's not worth reading ?

Its worth reading up til the end of the Soul Society arc IMO

After that either stop or read til you can't stand it anymore.

Was good until the fullbringer arc, then it got worse every chapter.

Second worse ending in a manga in my opinion.

No, there were 4 arcs worth reading and 2 arcs that were not.

4 that were worth it:
>Soul Society (9-20)
>Pre-Reaper (1-8)
>1000 Year Blood War (55-74)
>Arrancar: Hueco Mundo (21-32)

Arcs that were not:
>Fake Karakura Town War (33-48)
>Fullbring (49-54)

If you don't believe me, see image

Read and give up when one element starts to annoy you, because once it goes bad, it only gets worse.
But the first large arc is worth reading. It's fun and the art is actually quite good for a battle shounen. Even if he went full lazy-hack later on, Kubo still has an eye for good use of contrast and surfaces.
It's probably the sunglasses.

>In the end, was it really that bad?
Yes. It went on a gradual decline after the SS arc. Kubo just stopped giving a fuck and spent years phoning it in.

Its worth till ichigo defeat aizen (peak is rescue arc and some event in arrancar arc)

Shipping shit aside, yes it was. Too many things left unexplained, and too much focus on characters/fights that didn't matter in the end-the Byakuya/Toshiro/Zaraki vs Gerard fight for example since he was just absorbed by Yhwach in the end.

Also bad move on Kubo on not showing the missing characters in the final two chapters and leaving it up to the LNs.

>Deicide part 83
>Aizen is a white dot
>Ichigo is a black dot
>they fight throwing white and black lines and one liners at each other
>"give up, it is impossible to defeat me"
>"do you still not understand I have taken the upper hand?"
>Kubo.jpg

Started off fine as an inoffensive battle shounen but then somewhere along the line kubo started writing the plot with half an arm up his ass. Really shitty world building, nonsensical power up bs, like 25 characters added every arc, etc. The only thing that improved was the art.

Dude, I told you that I didn't like the Fake Karakura Town War. The 1000 Year Blood War was MUCH better and far more entertaining. Again, see image for details.

The Quincy Arc was the hypest shit up until the fight between Yhwach and crazy monk. Afterwards it was incredible shit

Stop making daily threads about this shit, let it die

Is there even anyone who liked it anyway?
It should have been one somewhat climactic fight and it turned into a fucking arc.
half of which was repeating itself

The last 1/3d was shakey, but there was enough entertainment.

>Mayuri being Mayuri "SCIENCE BITCH!"
>The entirety of Asken Naak Le Varr
>Yoruichi Thundercat form and Kisuke Urahara Bankai
>Juha Bach vs Ichigo with Orihime support.

There was enough to be able to pay attention too. The ending was rushed because of asshole editors through.

You underestimate the power of the Arrancar's popularity. Plus I recall that the ratings boomed in both Japan and America when the Aizen vs Ichigo fight happened.

>The only thing that improved was the art.
I don't 100% agree with this. Yes, the art work was cleaner looking and I think some of his bankai designs were neat.

However, the paneling and some of the character designs got lazy. Early Bleach chapters at least had nice paneling/frames but as the series goes on there's some panels where I just can't comprehend what Kubo is trying to show. Some of the character designs in the final arc were also really lazy where Kubo would just be reusing faces.

complete garbage, stop making bleach threads.

>Total crash & burn ending
>Still gets a live movie

If they decide to follow up with an OVA series that completely redoes the ending with competent writers to suppress Kubo, it has an honest shot at redemption.

Also if they ignore all fujoshit fans entirely when doing so.

Fake Karakura was far more interesting than anything in Hueco Mundo besides Rukia vs Aaroniero, the problem is that it became a shitshow when Kubo started backpedalling things. Also it came after Turn Back the Pendulum that was GOAT.

Also many of the Espada's designs were Kubo at his finest

Kubo is at his best when he makes some weird, creepy characters that do strange things rather than more sword-dudes who come in two types (haugty and arrogant OR bloodthirsty and direct), and he ran out of ideas in that department halfway through the Hueco Mundo arc.

What was the best mask ?

No. It was a letdown and flawed for sure, but it wasn't a total trainwreck like people say it is.

No, Arrancar: Hueco Mundo was when Kubo was writing (despite editors overstepping their bounds at times like Luppi and the Ex-Espada as mandates). They didn't help, but they didn't hurt at this time. Grimmjow is the main reason that Arrancars got popular in the first place.

Fake Karakura Town War was when the Editors cranked things up to FUCKING 11 WITH THE MANDATING. The 4 Arrancars that attacked the pillars, the 2 arrancars that attacked Soi Fon and Omeada, the 3 Tia Harribel Fraccions (although this is questionable if they were mandates), The fraccion of Ninnatori, the Skull dude, etc.

It became too much and instead of just letting Kubo focus on the Espadas like he WANTED, the editors overreached themselves and extended the war unnecessary. That's why people joked about "When are we going to get off Namek" with the Fake Karakura Town War. Hell, Kubo didn't want the Arrancars to last as long as they did.

This is why I LIKED the 1000 Year Blood war better. It was Kubo writing, ignoring the editors that overreached themselves in the Fake Karakura Town War and actually keeping the ball moving instead of having them on Planet Namek all over again.

Yes. For the most part it just felt like Kubo didn't care at all about his manga.

For as long as it is, no.

Go do something better with your time, go do something wild, get a tattoo, go pick a drunk fight at a bar, go punch a baby, or just go read 20th Century Boy. Bleach suckered in so many poor faggots, don't be one of them.

In the end, yes. The end was terrible.

the end was

>The Quincy Arc was the hypest shit up until the fight between Yhwach and crazy monk
Rankings say otherwise

>Rankings
Read what Ecchiro Oda said about Rankings.

That's not ranking, WSJ issues come with reader cards where they're supposed to rank the chapters in the issue in order of interest and send it to Shueisha. It's sort of a preferential voting system, though not all positions count mathematically. I don't remember the full intricacies of it, but it was thoroughly explained in Bakuman. The bottom line is that there is a ranking of manga chapters by issue and if one manga gets consecutively low ranks it gets pulled, and Bleach was living mostly in mediocre ranks after SS arc and low ranks after Hueco Mundo.

No, that is a minimal thing. Remember, Bakuman is just fiction. It may be based off of certain ideas that are true, but it's a very fictional take on a process that is nothing like what the manga says. This is like saying "Hacking in the movies is the same as real life".

This is coming from an actual manga artist who KNOWS the ins and outs of the industry. The ranking system is based off of what the Editor-in-chief and his vice Editor want to promote, NOT what the audience wants.

>This is coming from an actual manga artist who KNOWS the ins and outs of the industry.
I bet your dad works for Nintendo too.

Why would Ecchiro Oda lie about such a thing? What does he have to gain from lying about the process that he was asked to explain?

There is not a single reason for him to lie other than trolling. And I doubt Oda is a troll.

>why would a writer not complain about his editor in something that is going to be published by said editor?
I wonder.

No, those questions are something that Ecchiro Oda was asked so many times that he finally had to answer them and show off that it was not what it seemed to be.

But Oda's not talking about rankings, he's talking about a completely unrelated thing that people often believed to have something to do with rankings. He doesn't say anything like "there's no such thing as rankings", he just said that popularity does not influence the order in which chapters are put in the issue.

No, that is the ranking system. You just don't want to admit that Oda destroyed your argument. What is published is what is ranked 8 weeks prior.

Do you have reading disabilities? Manga order have nothing to do with rankings, they are two completely different things. Neither the question nor the answer in that SBS even mention the rankings. They're just talking about a different thing.

No, but you CLEARLY DO. That is the ranking system dumb ass. You are trying to make them two different things when they in turn are one single entity.

Stop being a faggot and accept the truth.

After defeating aizen I couldnt watch no more shit got boring baka

It's not a fucking ranking system, the statistical data is the ranking system. You can't even read the thing you present as your proof because it says the opposite, you moron. The manga order have nothing to do with manga popularity, that's what Oda says.

Yes it is the ranking system. That's what it looks like when they rank the manga you faggot. The only thing you can't accept is the truth. You just want to accept half truths and lies in order to be right.

You have brain problems, man.

It was decent, but fell apart with the fullbring arc onward.

Orihime forgot that she had reality altering powers. They kill off their white mage Unohana so that Kenpachi could go curb-stomp then instantly job. Uruyu and Mayuri never settled things as well as any Uruyu Nemu interactions. Haribel's fate, Nel never got to meet up with Ichigo agian, Sajin became a dog but they talked of him like he was dead, Yoruichi's brother was introduced just for the sake of giving Soifon a straight crush (cute but it went nowhere), All the vizords did jack shit, quincy almost never use bows instead using arrancar and fullbring like powers.

I liked some of the characters introduced but they didn't do anything to leave an impression. I did like the backstory of Ichigo's parents, but it was mostly stuff that fans had put together at that point.

No, you have brain problems dude. It's clear since you have yet to show off any proof other than "I READ IT IN THIS FICTIONAL STORY!"

No. It was worse than bad. It was fucking terrible.

This my number1 shonen manga villian group
2)Phantom troupe
3)Akatsuki

Story got completely away from Kubo. No question that the guy is a talented designer - from characters, to clothes, to powers - but he just ended up introducing more and more characters, but never actually using them. He started so many plot points that just got abandoned.

Kubo would be much happier if he could team up with some writer who could do the story while Kubo focused on character design and visualizing the world.

>Nel never got to meet up with Ichigo agian
Who the shit cares.
Seriously.
When you put things back into perspective, Ichigo and Nel have been in presence of each other for 2 hours.

>Orihime forgot that she had reality altering powers
Except her powers were that of THEORIZED by Aizen to step into God's territory. I never once expected Orihime to bring back fucking GOD dude. How could a mortal girl have the power to bring back a god? Impossible! That's more broken than anything!

>They kill off their white mage Unohana so that Kenpachi could go curb-stomp then instantly job.

Didn't Kenpachi beat Gremmy? Because I recall that he did such.

>Uruyu and Mayuri never settled things as well as any Uruyu Nemu interactions.

That's because they already did that back in Fake Karakura Town War. There wasn't really much left to say after that.

>Haribel's fate
THAT was part of the Editorial department rushing Kubo instead of allowing him to end the arc properly. We will see that in the second light novel, but not Kubo's fault.

>Nel never got to meet up with Ichigo agian
Didn't she already do that several times in the 1000 Year Blood War? Including having her full power body back

>Sajin became a dog but they talked of him like he was dead
Well, he kind of is. He is no longer a Soul Reaper and is just a full blown wolf at this point.

>Yoruichi's brother was introduced just for the sake of giving Soifon a straight crush (cute but it went nowhere)
Let's be honest here: Soi Fon was NEVER going to get Yoruichi. Maybe getting some Shihoin dick into her will be hot though.

>All the vizords did jack shit,
Vizord's story was done back in FKT War arc. Why do we need to force them back into a plot they don't really have anything to contribute in the first place?

>quincy almost never use bows instead using arrancar and fullbring like powers
That's because a lot of them used their Volstang instead. Barely anybody there even used a sword. I only recall Juha Bach, Haschwalth and Gerald using swords.

1000 Year Blood was was like the 3rd best arc of the series. See image for details here

It wouldn't have mattered if they didn't have her show up again hyping up their interaction. It's just bad story telling. If you can't fit something don't try to force a bunch of things to bide time to actually think of where you want the plot to go.

Something tells me it must have had to do with the lack of new female characters, or of new "good guys" but it was inserted so poorly, it has to be either editorial interference to add marketable characters or a bad case of writer coming up with a character they like too much but couldn't introduce properly and rushed in instead.

ichiruki is the otp

reee

Bleach was still at the top during the fullbringer but dropped down to bottom 5 ever since it came back from the 4 week break.
It's was put in the bottom on purpose.

It wasn't bad as far as shonens go, it just pissed alot of people off because it had so much potential. In the end, it had too many characters and too many side stories going on, that it just kind of left plot holes open, and the ending felt rushed and left out alot of details.

Went to complete shit after Kon disappeared.

Arrancar was fucking garbage, what are you on about?

my nigga kon just wanted some pussy

Yes, it was that bad. Kubo didn't deliver on anything and had a myriad of loose ends and undeveloped characters, chief among both being the Soul King, who basically didn't matter whatsoever when by the story's own admission and writing he should have mattered the most out of anyone and anything. The fights were generally the epitome of padding, most had no proper resolution in the slightest, and the ending was a total joke.

>"Kon and Don Kanonji's secrete operation to save the world from all evil and get all the waifus" arc never

>That's more broken than anything!
I think kubo realized that when he toyed with the idea of it being a reality altering power, but kinda dropped it at her wanting to destroy the hogyoku and rushed Aizen out shortly after.

>Didn't Kenpachi beat Gremmy
With help, you know who else could have helped? Unohana and there probably would have been a few less scrapped knees.

>There wasn't really much left to say after that.
Except they didn't even touch the fact that Mayuri was going full unit 731 on Quincy not even a decade prior. They didn't even cover why he was arrested in the first place.

>Soi Fon was never
I 100% agree, but it wasted a lot of chapters on his antics when the manga was already on borrowed time.

>Why do we need to force them back into the plot
Well they were used prior when Hiyori and Lisa were coming back from a bath and ran into a quincy. Then they brought back the Fullbring gang as one of the most random outta nowhere moments of the arc.

>volstang
It was weird the range of powers. I get that having 20 characters all use bows would get tiresome, but then don't write yourself into a corner with it. There were some that used guns which I felt was close enough, but a lot were to op or had powers to strange to even be considered human. Hell the one wasn't it was just a giant hand.

Also there was a lot of build up with those two rookie shinigami and Karin. Made me feel like they wanted the series to go into a different direction, but were forced to use the dragonballs to bring back Ichigo and get him his powers.

I like bleach and all, but it is pretty flawed.

He should have made it that Soul Society / Hueco Mundo were just purgatory in that region of Japan. And not a particularly powerful region. It was just constant decline after Soul Society because nobody really ever got more powerful than the captains and Bankai without it seeming dumb.

Yes it's bad.

>He should have made it that Soul Society / Hueco Mundo were just purgatory in that region of Japan.
>other places in the world have their own purgatory
>international conflicts are actually fueled by the regional purgatories fighting to gather more souls and sustain their existences
>Soul Society is in constant competition with chinese purgatories that keep growing as they reap more and more souls
>mandatory arcs with all sorts of purgatories from all arround the world fueled by liberal interpretations of how historical weapons are used, historical clichés among others
I'd read it.

>to powers
NOPE.
Quincy abilities fell like someone you average Chuuni LN author would do.
And don't even get me started with Kurosai "GETSUGA TENSHOUUUUUUUUU" Ichigo

>Quincy abilities fell like someone you average Chuuni LN author would do.
He took his Jojo inspiration way too far.

Thing is, there are a couple interesting powers but they are all for side characters that only use them once or twice because once the weird trick is explained, it stops being interesting.
But yeah, most of it are better-looking swords, big "elements" (read piles of ink in undistinct shapes) or lasers.

Yeah. I loved it, and still do, but this shit is bad.

why do the japanese hate underboob so much?

>was it really that bad?
No, I'd even give it a 3/10.

Will there ever be a legitimate argument on Sup Forums to say once and for all that Bleach was an objectively bad manga? Because I have yet to see one.

i stopped reading it partway through the soul society arc

Even without the shipping wars, it was facing awful, goes into a decline after SS and despite some good parts still it's just plain trash.

because like most things, it's not all bad
and the good things in it are actually quite good

Best

best wifu.

Like?

Lanipator says it's shit so it must be shit.

Bleach volumes 1-8, 9-20, 21-32 is solid.

Bleach Volume 55-74 are the 3rd best arc of the series.

>Lanipator
He's a whiney fanboy who thinks Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter Hunter are greatest fucking thing on the planet. Despite the fact that Togashi has made legit bad arcs like the Chimera Ant arc.

He's opinion is shit also due to the fact that he blindly praises Naruto so much that he doesn't legit hate the bad parts. Hell, he can't even recall half of Naruto's plot and gets shit wrong CONSTANTLY.

TL;DR Lani is fucking shit when it comes to manga