Eire/pol/ - "Nollaig Shona Daoibh" edition

No links today lads. Let's just chat. What's in store for the NP in 2018? Will it be the year they finally register and run candidates? Should they focus on local elections rather than national?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NwJWNoiy_84
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galway_City_Council_election,_2014
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galway_West_(Dáil_Éireann_constituency)#Elections
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

is that actually Barrett's family?

The Right is all about tradition, family , national unity and love.

The Left is all about killing babies and faggots having anal sex. Absolutely revolting.

do you think that Barrett is doing too much shit posting on his Twitter? I like it and all but I think he should include more serious looking tweets as well for those who aren't used to internet culture

It worked for Trump. The public are apathetic to dry, solemn political speeches full of false promises and boring statistics. Posting humour and memes on twitter is a much better way to connect with the common man. Besides, JB knows his core supporters are young millennials who are internet savvy.

mabey, but its usually about a genuine issue and not just mindless memeing, seems grand enough
this also

What about the question in the OP: Should the NP focus on local elections where it's easier to get into power? This is how Fianna Fail maintain a grip on power throughout the country. All politics is local after all.

Problem is local government in Ireland is basically Political Larp, they have fuck all actual power

If they want to affect real change it has to be national elections, just a question of whether or not there are any seats they can get into

That having been said, if they could get on a county council somewhere where the Africans are acting up then they could get some good work done

best thing seems to get into a local election first, where they can force the media into covering it to drive up support for national elections

This is precisely what PBP and the AAA are dong and it seems to be working for them. The NP needs to start small instead of aiming for the Dail off the bat and potentially failing which would be a huge blow to morale for the fledgling party. How can we communicate these ideas to Justin?

He probably knows

Renua completely fucking it up last night time was a nice example of what can happen if you bite off too much too soon

You're probably right but I get nervous. We have one shot at bringing back Nationalism. Like Justin said in his speech "nobody will try after us. There's no point in quibbling over policy details. This is about whether Ireland lives or dies." Thankfully Barrett is cautious and isn't rushing into anything naively like Identity Ireland have done.

>fadaless 'E'.

See, this is why I don't ask for pats from you bunch.

National Party will never win any seats because they have no potential base support, all of the major tendencies in Irish society are already represented in the Dáil and in Stormont. You wont see any new ones emerging.

The reason they wont win any seats is because Dublin never experienced an Industrial Revolution.
When you look at FN in France, their highest support was in the North-East of the country. a post-industrial area of economic degradation. Look at the gains the Tories and UKIP made over Labour, largely in post-industrial urban areas. Look at Donald Trump winning the Rust Belt.

Ireland does not have an equivalent to these areas, the closest we have is actually the Loyalist working class of Belfast (and they'd obviously never vote for any nationalist party).

The best chance the party has is in the mid-sized towns of the Midlands which experienced industrial investment in the 50s and 60s, however these towns are too small to gain much support in and are largely already involved in the continuation of Civil War politics (a unique situation in Europe).

Their best chance of gaining a Council seat is in counties like Tipperary, Westmeath and Roscommon, However, the meagre post-industrial working class in these areas already vote left-wing.
In Athlone and Mullingar, Labour is very popular. In Clonmel, they support Seamus Healy and the Workers and Unemployed Action Group. In Ballinasloe, a Sinn Féin candidate topped the poll in 2014.
Furthermore, look at the failure of Renua. The population in the Republic just don't want something further to the right of Fine Gael.

This is why I would be very surprised if "the national party" win anything in the 2019 Local Elections..

>this guy again.

You should switch up your replies instead of copy/pasting. The NP's support base has nothing to do with post-industrial areas in decline. They are focused on the issue of immigration which is affecting every small village from Donegal to Kerry. Never has a nation seen massive demographic changes as quick as Ireland has.

>The population in the Republic just don't want something further to the right of Fine Gael.

I dissgree. The public are sick of outdated Civil War parties that basically agree on everything. People are crying out for a choice. This is why leftie parties like PBP are springing up and winning support. The NP will be the opposite side of that coin.

>actually good analysis as to why NP will always be a larp party.
A UKIP-eque party is probably a better start, something like Direct Democracy tried (who, from I understand, never got shutdown by antifa). Skepticism towards the EU and fears about immigration would better attract the working class vote than larping for some Gaelic version of the UK National Front.

> The public are sick of outdated Civil War parties that basically agree on everything. People are crying out for a choice

Hence why both FG and FF are climbing in the polls, eh?

>The NP will be the opposite side of that coin.

Ain't gonna happen.
You must seem to think I was giving you advice last night about Local Elections, I was actually pointing out how you don't have a chance at any stage of the Parliamentary Democracy process. I was also pointing out how far ahead we are compared to you.
You are my playthings, my property, my pets.

Can't believe your beloved PBP are even considering running this lunatic in Galway. He has far too much baggage.

>in court for attacking Gardai
>worked for Islamist group CagePrisoners in London
>Muslim Pakistani
>kicked out of Galway FC grounds for flying political flags
>Not to mention THAT video

youtube.com/watch?v=NwJWNoiy_84

Surely you're smarter than this? Can't you chat to the PBP lads and tell them to drop the Paki?

Who said that PBP are running him for election? I haven't heard about this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galway_City_Council_election,_2014
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galway_West_(Dáil_Éireann_constituency)#Elections

Never ran for election before either.

>Surely you're smarter than this?

Smarter than him? Yeah, sure.

Looks like he plans on running with the party's blessing

kikebook slash joeloughpbpg/

>Never ran for election before either.
He ran for NUIG student union several times and failed miserably every time. Nobody like a Paki bully who forces Irish people to donate to Pally terrorists. I hope he does run though as we will absolutely destroy him publicly. Mark Humphrys has a nice long file on him as do the Irish4Israel lads.

I remember reading some Irish forum about him losing his shite after losing one of those SU elections.