Dragon Ball Super

So, why didn't they ever try to use the Evil Containment Wave on Majin Buu?

Did everyone just have their retard hats on during the Buu Saga?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cgf8DjpxmoY
youtube.com/watch?v=Fpn_BAc1T44&t=15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that was during DBZ lad
also Buu saga is shit

It became out of date. Everyone forgot about it.

They only used it on Zamasu is a form of Ex Machina.

You only use Ex Machinas if you absolutely suck at writing and do something called "writing yourself into the corner."

youtube.com/watch?v=Cgf8DjpxmoY

It's not Ex Machina if it was established as part of the universe literally years beforehand.

Toriyama forgot/didn't care/probably both of those

Everyone was beat by an actual retard. I try to forget that the Buu arc even exists.

Why did Vegitto decide he needed to be absorbed by Buuhan? I mean what was the point of saving everyone he had absorbed, you could just destroy Buu then and there and then use the dragon balls. He knew Dende was alive, there was literally no reason for him to get absorbed

Why didn't Goku get Gohan to fight Kid Buu after Vegeta had wished the earth and its people back? Gohan would've wiped the floor with Kid Buu at that point, instead they risked it with spirit bomb

Why was the prologue so shit?

Piccolo is a total retard and he was able to reverse it. There's no way in hell it would work on someone like Buu.

Have these threads gotten any better? I've been avoiding them for the past two weeks. Or is it just still 95%arguments, shitposting and spicposting?

>Why didn't Goku get Gohan to fight Kid Buu after Vegeta had wished the earth and its people back?

Becuase reasons.

To be perfectly fair, he tried to.

>Why was the prologue so shit?
Hey, fuck you. The Prologue was the best slice of life in the whole series, blows the fuck out of the attempts to do the same in DBS.

>why get absorbed
Because destroying Buu would destroy the people inside him.

>you could just use the dragon balls
The entire show falls apart on this. Everyone always saying "but what about the dragon balls?!" as if anyone forgot the name of the show.
Also, there's a limited number of resurrections.

>Gohan would've wiped the floor with Kid Buu
"Gohan lost to Super Buu, but would win against Kid Buu."
mfw

>why was the prologue shit
You mean Goku mindwiping people with the dragonballs? yeah, that was pretty fucking retarded. Goku has never been a genius.

Oh, yeah? Can a retard do THIS?

>"Gohan lost to Super Buu, but would win against Kid Buu."
Gohan lost to Gotenks absorbed Ultra Buu. Kid buu was not Gotenks-absorbed Ultra Buu.

>Because destroying Buu would destroy the people inside him.
But you'd bring them back to life.

>Also, there's a limited number of resurrections.
No there aren't anymore.

>You mean Goku mindwiping people with the dragonballs?
That's the epilogue, not the prologue.

>So, why didn't they ever try to use the Evil Containment Wave on Majin Buu?
Because no one likes original dragonball, and it came out before the primary viewership demographic was born.

I would guess it's because it wouldn't be enough to contain someone as powerful as Majin Buu

You know the whole manga is dragon ball, right? And that the viewership didn't dictate the manga's story, right?

>Because destroying Buu would destroy the people inside him.
Destroy as in kill? Yeah so fucking what? Wish the back

>Also, there's a limited number of resurrections.
None of the four had died before. They all did die though, when Kid Buu destroyed the earth. So literally what they tried to avoid by getting absorbed happened, and it had no consequences, and they didn't even act as if they thought it had consequences. Your explanation is blatantly untrue

>"Gohan lost to Super Buu, but would win against Kid Buu."
he literally could've oneshotted super buu instantly, he could've done the same to Kid Buu easily considering Goku said he could take on Kid Buu at his full power. Goku had absolutely zero chance against Super Buu

The fact that the writer is a hack and let Buu absorb Gohan doesn't mean Gohan wouldn't have completely destroyed Kid Buu

>Goku said he could take on Kid Buu at his full power. Goku had absolutely zero chance against Super Buu

Goku had a fine chance against Super Buu, since Kid Buu and Super Buu and Fat buu are fairly close in power level. It's Gotenks Absorbed Super Buu he had zero chance against.

But then again, Goku wouldn't actually have been able to beat Fat buu even if he'd tried properly. He would have run out of energy and disappeared.

Buu saga is great.

>Goku had a fine chance against Super Buu
he and vegeta both said they didn't stand a single chance against super buu even together

>Kid Buu and Super Buu and Fat buu are fairly close in power level
not at all

>Did everyone just have their retard hats on during the entire manga

Fixed it for you

>mystic Gohan is stronger than SS3
nope

>but dragon balls
The ultimate crutch of the show. I'm sure if they did, people would be arguing about how they never solve problems themselves and end up wishing the real issues away.
>but why not just wish buu into eternal sleep
>why not just wish yourself more powerful than buu
>why not just
because deus ex machina isn't always the answer.

>prologue is shit
My bad, I mixed em up. What part are you referring to?

>he and vegeta both said they didn't stand a single chance against super buu even together
He and vegeta were proven wrong repeatedly over and over in the whole arc. Goku could NOT have beaten Fat Buu. Goku thought he could beat kid buu, but kid Buu was literally playing with him. Vegeta pretended he could fight Kid Buu and almost died in a couple hits. They both laughed at kid buu when they saw him, despite the fact he outclassed them both.

>not at all
Yes, definitely. Super is stronger than fat, but not massively, the difference between the two is only body shape and violence.
I'm not gonna sit and argue about which one is stronger than the other because that's too autistic even for me, but there's Gohan/Gotenks Buu > HUUUGE power Gap > Super, Fat and Kid > Goku > Power Gap > Vegeta. This is undeniable.

>nope
You should go rewatch the anime or reread the manga. When you do, come back and maybe I'll read the rest of your post.

nice filename

>>but why not just wish buu into eternal sleep
>>why not just wish yourself more powerful than buu

Because shenron can't affect being stronger than Kami, or in the Buu Saga's case Dende, unless they allow it. Read the damn manga, you fucking tertiary.

Buu arc is easily the weakest arc, even weaker than fucking Cell. You have plebian taste.

But bringing it back out of nowhere after it was clearly forgotten about is.

You are the one who has shit taste here not the other way around

Why'd they try it on Mememasu then?

Buu saga has a lot of problems, but it is pretty great.

Black / Zamasu was shit though despite the strong start.

You are a fucking retard.

>Super is stronger than fat, but not massively
Yes, it is a massive power increase, you fucking moron.

>I'm not gonna sit and argue about which one is stronger than the other because that's too autistic even for me
Nice backpedaling. Don't post again if you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about you stupid fucking retarded piece of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fpn_BAc1T44&t=15s

NEVER give your enemies immortality. you have to write pretty desperately to get away from it.

correct. They used it as a random cop-out for their shitty writing. Face the facts.

They wanted to bring back something from the old dragon ball too I guess for nostalgia sake, but they could have used this technique on everyone couldn't they? If it works on Zamasu they could've just only done this, so it was simply the result of bad writing.

you sure fucking showed him retard

>the dragon balls can't affect anything stronger than Dende
>this means you can't wish yourself more powerful than buu
>this means you can't wish for a perma-sleep chocolate bar and offer it to buu
I'm aware of the rules. Use some imagination.

Do you actually believe that Buu saga Gohan is stronger than SS3? Maybe you should go do some re-reading, user.

You too.

There's no proof it was forgotten about, it only works on beings who are PURE EVIL. Majin Buu was not pure evil, neither was Super Buu. Kid Buu technically was, but I don't think Goku actually knew about the containment wave by that point (back in DB, Roshi never actually told him about it or how to use it). You can't forget what you never knew.

Besides, Genki Dama does the same thing (destroys pure evil) but doesn't kill the user in the process.

No, your taste is undeniably shit. There was not a single thing good about the Buu arc. Shit villain, shit SoL, Gotenks is shit, SS3 is shit, everything was shit. The arc is shit. This isn't an opinion.

>Yes, it is a massive power increase
No, it is not. They're made of the same stuff. Compared to the power difference between Gotenks absorbed super Buu and super buu base form, the difference between fat and slim is virtually negligible.

>Nice backpedaling
I just want to avoid the typical "Hurr kid buu is stronger than super buu / super buu is stronger than kid buu" bullshit. What I said still stands, learn what backpedaling means.

They wrote themselves into a corner with Zamasu. He became so ridiculous by the end, the the literal Zeno was the only one who could deal with him.

Cant kill your opponent?

No to worry just:
seal them
throw them in a black hole
send to another dimension

Ad hominem isn't an argument

Do I have bad taste or do all the Buus fucking suck as enemies?

Like, what the hell is their gimmick, autism?

I think that Kid Buu is pretty cool and got a nice aesthetic, but he is the only acceptable Buu. The others are shitty.

>it only works on beings who are PURE EVIL
>source my retarded ass

>>this means you can't wish yourself more powerful than buu
Obviously, since Shenron doesn't have the power to do that, because it's a power that far outclasses Dende. Think, user.

>>this means you can't wish for a perma-sleep chocolate bar and offer it to buu
Shenron's magic can't affect Buu if he doesn't allow it. Think, user.

>Do you actually believe that Buu saga Gohan is stronger than SS3?
Mystic gohan far, far outclasses SS3 Goku. Not even comparable, this is evident watching their respective fights against Buu. Unless you actually think Super buu is a lot weaker than Fat Buu, in which case you probably have brain damage.

Something Something Ocean Dub

>They're made of the same stuff
Yeah, Goten and Goku are very close in power because they're both Saiyans. Are you actually this fucking stupid? If you had even skimmed the manga you would know just how retarded you sound.

>Compared to the power difference between Gotenks absorbed super Buu and super buu base form
Gohan was wrecking base Super Buu. Buutenks outfought Gohan handily. You're a fucking moron. Don't reply again, I'll just laugh at you some more.

Neither is your post, fucking idiot. Fuck off.

Actually Goku could have won if he just destroyed the universe they were in.

Dumping Multiverse no one can stop me

>evil containment wave
>working on things that aren't evil

And again, goku did not know how to perform it in the first place, so why do you think he could use it against Buu?

>being this retarded

Goku knew Roshi knew how to perform it. He should have immediately asked how it was done. But of course you'll continue to defend the shit writing because Toriyama is a master craftsman and can do no wrong in your fanboy eyes.

These are you opinions
You do not decide what is shit
shit.shit.shit.shit.shit is what you spam without any rhyme or reason

Majority or not the buu arc gets undeserved hate because you people can't handle any silly stuff

Buu saga was alright until mystic Gohan jobbed. He should've finished it, things got full retard after that

>Yeah, Goten and Goku are very close in power because they're both Saiyan
What a laughable analogy user. Fat Buu and Slim Buu are the same creature exactly, the only difference is personality and shape. Goten and Goku are different people. I can't believe I have to point this out for you.

>Gohan was wrecking base Super Buu. Buutenks outfought Gohan handily.
Which proves me right, user. Buutenks >>>Gohan >>>>>>>> Super Buu / Fat Buu / Kid Buu.

I can't believe you need a japanese children's comic book explained to you because the plot's too complex for you to follow.

>Going to ask your teacher on a small island how to perform a sealing technique when the entire Earth could be blown up at any moment if you're not fighting.
How retarded are you?

No, most people hate it because the writing is atrociously bad even for DB standards. I'm sorry that you gulp down trash products like a fucking retard, but not all of us are as easily pleased as a two year old.

You guys do realize piccolo already knew how to use it right?

>Which proves me right, user
Except this wasn't your original argument. Good job, now kill yourself, my man.

Your argument falls apart considering SS3 Goku decided to play around with Buu instead of finishing him immediately. Too bad you're too fucking stupid to argue about the retarded things that go on in your head, user. It must suck to be you.

Fucking Autist, SSJ3 Goku knew he couldn't kill Majin Buu, he was fucking STALLING. fuck off, kid.

So does Tien. Should've at least had them try to fucking use it but by this point Dragon Ball was all about power levels and bigger ki blasts.

Saved

Too bad the manga contradicts your headcanon, autistic fuckwit.

>DBM

As much as I was getting into the comic, the advent of Dragonball Super and Bitch-I mean Bra-I mean Bitch ruined it for me.

Goku only went SSJ3 during his STALLING fight in order to show the others that SSJ3 exists and is possible. If you're going to be a fuckwit and say I'm wrong, post proof in the manga. Otherwise, kindly kill yourself.

Easily pleased I am not
And keep acting high and mighty reflects on you and your hatred of fun
the fun elements of buu saga and introduction of higher hierarchies trump everything else

It's better than Super god damn you it'S BETTER THAN SUPER

Burden of proof is on you considering you made the original claim, dumb fuck. So sorry that you're this retarded.

People just randomly spout exposition in this. To complete strangers, they just detail their entire life to them

Salagir is the only fan who truly understands Broly.

Any time I see someone who says they don't like part of Dragon Ball, I assume they just don't remember it very well.

>gohan fought an intergalactic tyrant on another planet when he was 5 years old

Why doesn't Piccolo just absorb every name-

oh...

i will never not be mad at gohan jobbing in this

I used to think this art was amazing and now it looks meh to me. I wonder why

>unofficial translation is proof
Yeah, okay, you lose. Thanks for the easy W, you pathetic little boy.

>fat buu is good because he absorved a good fat guy
>they ask to Shen Long to return good buu
>he returns him and the fat guy still in his belly
>good fat guy will always be in buu stomach

Wew lad.

>posts raws instead of an official translation
Are you honestly this stupid?