A Jamal stole my MacBook Air this morning

>a Jamal stole my MacBook Air this morning
>the day before Christmas
The memes were true.

Don't EVER leave your stuff in public, even if for only a few seconds. I was at the local coffee shop/cafe where this happened.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/ReleaseNotes#Ubuntu_Desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idiot. Welcome to the real world. Also, nothing of value was lost. Get a think pad and use Linux faggot

did you catch him?

glad you know not to relax now

>Linux

Lmao

>mac book air
You fucking deserved it
Refer to for your future purchases, please

What should he use then, burger?

No. I reported it to the authorities but there’s no nearby cctv

It's karma faget you don't refer to an individual as A Jamal you call him by his god damn name unless it is Jamal u learn your lesson boy

Yes, linux.

Don't trust anybody that hasn't proven their worth. Nobody. People are shady.

>call him by his own name
You don't give names to your farming equipment, dumbass

is the new ubuntu worth it i have 2 spare usbs right next too me.

>getting your mac book air stolen in a coffee shop
So you are retarded and a faggot? Tough break user.

>Get a think pad

this

its better than a mac.

Yeah it's ok. Might have to go to Sup Forums to figure out how to disable all the Amazon crap. I'm using kubuntu

>the new ubuntu
Technically ubuntu is worth it, you don't refer to it as new or old. The difference is in kernel version (nothing that special), support life (get lts for longer support) and packages and versions (some packages get deprecated). So yes, the new ubuntu has GNOME instead of unity, which means you don't get that much botnet.
32 bit installers aren't available, which means you can get it on a 32 bit system only by using do-release-upgrade and wayland is default instead of Xorg (you can still use it using some cog in the login manager to switch to an Xorg desktop entry, recommended for slower machines).
That's all important about the release, minor changes and bullshit on wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/ReleaseNotes#Ubuntu_Desktop if you're interested

ok ill install it on my biggest usb and use that as my main driver for a long time.

Unironically this. Nobody wants to steal a thinkpad

>MacBook air
The only GoyBook that’s remotely worth it is the 2012 maxed out Pro. Best laptop I ever owned.

If you don’t care about GoyBooks, thinkpads with Ubuntu or Debian.

I let a jamal borrow my ipod for music at work for a week and he gave it back.

>thinkpad with arch
who /comfy/ here?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

GNUfags getting their operating system cucked by 15 million lines of C code

>Using a meme os that you can do literally nothing on
I want to like gnu but it's a total production killer, windows just werks

Not anymore.

Linux plus systemd is a self-booting, multitasking, multiuser operating system and the only GNU dependency for the operating system is the GNU libc - and work is being done to make it compatible with other libcs for the sake of running better on limited hardware (android doesn't use glibc, for example). If GNU is a mere third of the operating system and only a runtime dependency for the init system, in itself rather replacable by a collection of nonGNU shit that work without glibc, is it really GNU/Linux? Is it GNU/Systemd/linux? Is it freedesktop.org/linux?

GNU is quickly becoming irrelevant. Scripts are being migrated from bash+coreutils to python where their functionality is not being moved to a non-GNU C++ program that interpretes .ini files, shell utilities are being made irrelevant to even professional users, and emacs has definitely fallen out of favor for vim/neovim, and became the text editor for non programmers (because emacs lisp is easy to learn, but you need to know a minimum of two harder languages, vimscript being one, to make any meaningful extension for vim).

For the sake of brevity, let's just call it Linux.

The only thing that doesnt work is gaming

And nvidia optimus

>based intel+amd will save us!
Not on your thinkpad. Enjoy your glossy plastic HP laptop with a glossy plastic screen.

I've literally never heard of it but I don't have nvidia on my ThinkPad so I don't need to

>my thinkpad is poverty tier

[laughs in indian]

Not a gaymer but writing music and developing stuff was a pita, nothing seems to properly work in wine, and you need hours on the terminal to set the os up the way you want it. Maybe things have changed over the past few years

nobody uses GNU, you cunt

maybe I just suck at writing music but the newest version of FL Studio worked right off the bat with wine. The crack that even checks the hosts file even just werked, but I use that and tux guitar. all vst plugins I have work with no issues.

see
This thing isn't a legendary sword wielded into battle 10 000 times for it to have a name.

>he let his stuff on a coffee shop table
>he had an apple
what a fucking retard

why the hell would you use a usb for that? What are you going to use ubuntu for at all tho?

I thought this was supposed to be a nigger hate thread not a fucking computer shit thread

going through all of this fuckery for a simple OS? why? what does it have to convince me to switch? I think about making a new installation and I may probably switch distros, but ubuntu is easy to setup and just werks out of the box.

Use revenge installer if you want it to just werk, then use yaourt or another pacman wrapper to automate user repository packages. install any package with Yaourt -S pkgname and do system updates with sudo pacman -Syy; sudo pacman -Syu

ezpz

How do you know it was s Jamal you racist faggot? At a coffee shop of all places. I'm glad your fagbook air got stolen. Merry Christmas faggot.

Forgot to mention I have heard of things breaking due to "rolling-release" meme but never had anything break on my two installations

but why arch? I'm used to dpkg, apt and all these things? what did arch offer you m8?

Just step back and appreciate the beauty of Sup Forums.

>Using a different operating system
>Means you suck dicks and by implication are incapable of furthering your genetic lineage.

Merry Xmas Sup Forums.

Using Macs literally screams "I suck dicks."

I've had more luck finding packages I need on Arch, also the pkgbuild format is really simple. With yaourt you can install any package even from community repo with 1 command. I needed something for programming so really most distros werk, probably isn't a big reason to switch unless you want something new. Revenge installer makes it really simple if you want to try it in a vm or something.

I never said I disagree with you user.

thx m8, I've given up with gentoo so I might as well try arch

I got my wallet and samsung galaxy s8 stolen b a nigger a couple weekz ago, its hell i cant get my debt card turned on til i get ID and cant get my ID til i get my debt card.
Fucking government makes this shit as retarded as they can.

>dad tells me when he was young you could just leave your bike and nobody would touch it
>got my bike with 2 locks stolen half a dozen times