Should alcohol be banned

should alcohol be banned

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/alcohol-before-exercise-cuts-heart-strain-1337879.html
wired.com/2010/09/why-alcohol-is-good-for-you/
peele.net/lib/benefits.html
wada-ama.org/en/prohibited-list/prohibited-in-particular-sports/alcohol
dailynebraskan.com/sports/alcohol-banned-from-rifle-competitions/article_208d46e3-8e6f-54b4-a2d5-98aef12ab40e.html
annieandre.com/tour-de-france-facts/
telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/07/27/drinking-days-may-protect-against-diabetes-new-study/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All drug should be legal.
The state shouldn't decide for the people

Because that worked out great last time

if you try to take my booze away i'll kill you m80

The state shouldn't decide who comes into the country either should it?

I'll just make my own with a pressure cooker.

no nothing should be banned.

fuck this gay earth

THIC

yes

nothing should be banned except for violent crimes and theft*

Yes the state should !
The state should do what the population cannot do themselves.

The population can judge if drug are good for them and if they should use some
The population cannot protect the border (at an individual level)

Banned? No
Regulated? Yes
I'd say many things, including internet, should be regulated and kept away from the braindead sheeps.

But you said the state shouldn't decide for the people.

I am all for it

what if the party controlling the government is not yours and bans all your post/propagenda

It actually did

whoops sorry
>The state shouldn't decide what a citizen put in their body

>be me
>meet this cute Catalan chick one drunken night
>she's really annoying with the independence shit but I go along with it because I want to bang
>do even more heavy drinking with her, surprised I didn't vomit all over 2bh
>this goes on for like 2 hours
>she then invites me to keep the party going in her apartment
>starts kissing me even before the door is open
>clothes start coming off
>she pulls down her pants
>it was bigger than mine
worst mistake of my life, getting drunk and horny...
banning is a bit too much but always remember go easy on the booze lads, alcohol does not promote good choices. she was kind of rough plus that thing barely fit in my mouth

That cats is just asking for the dick.

I mean if you want to argue in absolutes then the state should do absolutely nothing. Including law enforcement. So, if a group of Nazis or conservatives deemed a legal immigrant illegal, they could just deport or render whatever punishment they felt necessary to them. I think it was pretty clear the point the original poster was trying to make. A personal lifestyle decision should absolutely be up to the individual. Just don't let them come crying for free healthcare when it backfires.

fuck you ahmed

Why?

Prohibition is retarded and never works you retard

How can SomeGuys in the state know better MY reallity?
the individual can better deal with THEIR problem

Why can't individuals deal with immigration?

Yes they should, because the quality of the state is dependent on the quality of the people.

what if the neighbor thinks migrant are great?
Than everybody need to pay for him (well have the migrant in the country)

it is one of those thing that if we don't have a set law for it, it makes everything fall.

If by great you mean it created a bootleg alcohol black market, increased cases of alcohol poisoning and increased organised crime in certain areas then yes, it did great.

>what if the neighbor thinks migrant are great?
You think that'd be an inherent feature of a purely individualist society.

>increased organised crime
that was 100% due to immigration

The world would become a better place if people didn't consume alchohol as a way to "pass time"

Who is the leader?
The state or the people?
I think the people are...

But if you don't like Vox Populis welll you might choose the state...

Some populations have been consuming alcohol for long enough that their bodies are not only biologically adapted to the consumption of certain qualities of ethanol, but that they are healthier when they consume a moderate amount of alcoholic beverages on a routine basis.
-Alcohol can help a persons body recover from strenuous exercise or other muscle fatigue inducing work.
-Alcohol is a vasodilator, opening up ones veins and arteries so blood flows more quickly, simulating exercise and/or increasing the effectiveness of exercise.
-Alcohol can healp relieve stress.
-Alcohol can increase focus and endurance on precise repetitive tasks.
-Alcohol is actually banned from consumption before certain Olympics events because it is considered a “performance enhancing drug”.
-certain types of alcohol can be used for legitimate medicinal use. Gin for instance may have health benefits for diabetics. Absinthe was distributed to French soldiers during the Napoleanic wars as a treatment for malaria, and in case you think this is bullshit, due to resistance to quinine, wormwood, one of the base ingrediants for absinthe is currently being used for malaria treatments. Jeager Meister is a digestiv and can ease an upset stomach.
-Beer and ale used to be an important source of vitamins when it was a staple of peoples daily diets.

OK i think i need to make it simpler
>I take drug and i don't bother the neighborhood:
OK nobody gives a shit
>I take migrant in
>more worker
>lower wage
It fucks other people up so the state should regulate!

>Jamal moves to Canada and "doesn't bother the neighbourhood"

????????????????

No it's the only way I can make it through family gatherings

Hey Achmed, there are countries which have banned alcohol. Why don't you go to one of them?

>people who use drugs and don't bother
90%
>migrant who change the local economics of the host city
99%

If you don't understand wellll you are special!

UnDerRated M8s

You fucking ancaps are seriously the most retarded people on the face of this planet. You're all over the goddamn place with your rationale.

Wow great insight, thanks for being part of the discussion

How do you propose to implement such a ban when you can leave fruit on a table and it will naturally become alcoholic. the knowledge is out there now, it's literally impossible to ban alcohol, you can make it out of potatoes for fuck sake.

The USA banned alcohol once before and it cause open war in the streets between criminal syndicates, increased police brutality, and much political corruption. Sound familiar?

i am not even an ancap, you can clearly see that i want a state.
Who is retarded if you can't even notice when a flag is used as a meme...

No see that's what's wrong with you lot, you want a state where you want it.

no since prohibition just makes it worse

but it should be shamed into non-existence since it's off the charts pathetic how much humans fuck up their societies with alcohol, all the health problems, accidents, violence and fucking retards who are surprised when they find themselves depressed after consuming a depressant

Drugs are banned and people still use them

Yes.....?

Overdose on recreational oxy.

CNS depressant is different to psychological depressant. while alcohol may possess both characteristics one is more prevalent than the other and they shouldn't be used interchangeably.

Finally a leaf I can support

well there is more about this than the classic:
>if it is illegal people won't use it
and
>if you legalize we will all become drug addict

since the start of humanity we humans have used drugs and there will always have a 1% to 20% drug user among us.

When the drug is illegal, a drug user will be thrown in jail for doing something he cannot really stop.
Legalizing would help those people.

Also, there whould be less gang because the value of the drug comes from its illegality.
Legalizing would help reduce those dangerous gang who are the biggest problem in this dilemma .

hahaha i am a Canadian to.
I think my fellow leaf is idolizing Justin Trudeau...

It really does an incalculable amount of damage not only to the individual but to society by extension. On the other hand, most people are trash and I don't really mind if they willingly pay to destroy themselves w/ poison.

protip: drink water instead

Why are drugs illegal? Does the government have the right to enforce the health and well-being of its citizens? If someone wants to shoot heroin, who the fuck are THEY to stop them. What happened to freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

>citation missing

totally with you!

You're legitimately stupid.

And gays.

That cat is too drunk. It's obviously whoring itself out but can't consent anymore.

its true, but based on the snarky replies in this thread you can see that most of these people are so hopelessly lost that they justify their own slavery to a substance that controls and destroys them

lol can't debate the arguments

wow, how much of a hopeless alcoholic do you have to be to post this lol. Every one of these things is demonstrably false by mere observation of drinkers.

After drinking hald a bottle of gin and 2 bottles of wine: NO! Alcohol is awesome. Pls fuck off m8.

Why debate contradictory people?

it isn't slavery.
Do you smoke?
It is a drug you know?
And people can stop.
Can you think about stopping when the police is chasing you?

Unirronically agree with this. The government has no right to regulate what people choose to do with their bodies.

well if your eyes cannot see shades.... it isn't my problem!

>the state shouldn't decide for the people, but it should for this :^)

merry christmas, retard

im jetting

literally mohammed

No I don't smoke but I know people who do and they find it incredibly difficult to quit. Same w/ drinkers. Its a passive source of evil that slowly takes over people's lives and by the time they notice its too late.

kek

Totally agree!
But we shouldn't try to put in jail somebody who's trying to stop!

pretty sure first world countries do regulate alcohol

I don't think so either but legalizing things so enthusiastically legitimizes it too. Jail isn't the answer, but there should be a stigma of shame attached to it so people don't gravitate to it so carelessly. By making it "cool" it leads a lot of people to try it.

kill the people that use them

>forbid it
no that only makes it more appealing. best way to change behavior is to mock it mercilessly.

There will be no drinking or drugs in the ethnostate so you mine as well quit now.

“A pint of beer, a shot of whisky, or a glass of wine taken before exercise could reduce the risk of heart disease, according to new research, which suggests that stopping at the pub on the way to the gym may be the key to good health.
A study has found that drinking a moderate amount of alcohol before a strenuous workout reduces the levels of clotting substances in the blood by at least 15 per cent.”
“Analysis of the blood samples showed that in the alcohol group there was a 15 per cent decrease in fibrinogen (a blood clotting agent) levels, compared with the non-alcohol group.

Dr El-Sayed said: "Less fibrinogen means the blood is less viscous; alcohol appears to have the effect of thinning the blood and so relieving the burden on the heart ”
independent.co.uk/news/alcohol-before-exercise-cuts-heart-strain-1337879.html
-part 1

Part 2
-“A new study, published in the journal Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, followed 1,824 participants between the ages of 55 and 65. Once again, the researchers found that abstaining from alcohol increases the risk of dying, even when you exclude former alcoholics who have now quit. (The thinking is that ex-drinkers might distort the data, since they’ve already pickled their organs.) While 69 percent of the abstainers died during the 20-year time span of the study, only 41 percent of moderate drinkers passed away. (Moderate drinkers were also 23 percent less likely to die than light drinkers.) But here’s the really weird data point: Heavy drinkers also live longer than abstainers. (Only 61 percent of heavy drinkers died during the study.) In other words, consuming disturbingly large amounts of alcohol seems to be better than drinking none at all.”
wired.com/2010/09/why-alcohol-is-good-for-you/
-

Part 3
-“The initial hypothesis and evidence that moderate alcohol consumption reduces the overall mortality rate through its protective effect against cardiovascular disease are now broadly known and accepted (see Camargo, 1999; Klatsky, 1999). This evidence continues to accumulate, most recently in a study of nearly a half a million middle-aged and elderly people in the United States (Thun et al., 1997).”
“Baum-Baicker's (1985) earlier review identified five areas of psychosocial benefits from alcohol consumption: (a) stress reduction; (b) mood enhancement; (c) cognitive performance; (d) reduced clinical symptoms, primarily of depression; and (e) improved functioning in the elderly. ”
“Several naturalistic studies have described how moderate drinkers experience stress reduction in ordinary settings, suggesting essential differences from the way problem drinkers drink in reaction to stress.”
“Culbert (1989) found that moderate drinkers reduced their drinking in response to major life stresses, presumably to mobilize higher-order coping mechanisms. Krause (1995) found that alcohol reduces stress arising in a person's less critical social roles, but exacerbates stress occurring in more salient roles. These results support the idea that alcohol is effective for general calming purposes but not as a primary coping tool ”
-

Part 4
-“Notwithstanding the impairments of cognitive and psychomotor performance from acute exposure to alcohol (Finnigan & Hammersley, 1992), substantial evidence demonstrates that moderate drinkers show a higher level of cognitive functioning than abstainers.”
“Work performance, as measured by income, shows a clear advantage for moderate drinkers in several correlational studies done to date. In a study using U.S. survey data (with former drinkers separated for analysis), moderate drinkers (2.0-3.5 drinks/day) had the highest earnings (Heien, 1996). French and Zarkin (1995, p. 319), in a questionnaire survey of randomly selected employees at four U.S. work sites, found that "controlling for other variables and conditional on working, moderate alcohol users have higher wages [peaking at 1.7-2.4 drinks/day] than abstainers and heavy drinkers...."

All or nothing. Anything else is hypocrisy.

Part 5
-“PROHIBITED IN PARTICULAR SPORTS
English Back
P1 Alcohol
If a Substance or Method is not defined in this list, please verify with your Anti-Doping Organization.
Alcohol (ethanol) is prohibited In-Competition only, in the following sports. Detection will be conducted by analysis of breath and/or blood. The doping violation threshold is equivalent to a blood alcohol concentration of 0.10 g/L.

Air Sports (FAI)
Archery (WA)
Automobile (FIA)
Powerboating (UIM)”
wada-ama.org/en/prohibited-list/prohibited-in-particular-sports/alcohol
-“Rifle is a sport where accuracy and steadiness are essential. Competitors have to fire single rifle shots in a set period of time and are scored purely on accuracy.“
“It is crucial for competitors to have strong mental concentration, hand-eye coordination and steadiness.”
“if a smaller amount of alcohol is consumed, the drug can potentially relax and slow competitors' heart rates.

Since alcohol is seen as a performance-enhancing drug in rifle, the National Collegiate Athletic Association and World Anti-Doping Agency have banned the drug specifically for the sport.

The NCAA states that it bans the use of alcohol "in competition for rifle."
dailynebraskan.com/sports/alcohol-banned-from-rifle-competitions/article_208d46e3-8e6f-54b4-a2d5-98aef12ab40e.html
-“For a long time, until the 1960s, it was common for tour de France riders to slug a drink of alcohol during the race. Not only did they drink alcohol to dull the pain but they considered it a real performance booster. As you know stimulants are banned and so was alcohol eventually because it was considered a stimulant.”
annieandre.com/tour-de-france-facts/

Part 6
-“Drinking alcohol most days of the week significantly protects against developing diabetes, a new study suggests.

Data from more than 70,000 drinkers found that having a drink on three or four days per week was associated with a reduced risk of 27 per cent in men and 32 per cent in women, compared with abstaining.

Wine had the biggest effect, with scientists suggesting that its chemical compounds improve blood-sugar balance.”
telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/07/27/drinking-days-may-protect-against-diabetes-new-study/
-

>should alcohol be banned

No ban. Restrictions should be considered with exceptions. Literally it should be Household = parents dictate outside of house, mainly in public places a state "can" regulate. Such as purchasing.

Mainly that regulation is age.

Though the state needs to be regulated because they can't be trusted with laws to begin with.