Texhnolyze, Maison Ikkoku, logh

any anime will do

hyouka

>muh zzz
just take your fucking ritalin

Royal Space Force and Phantom Blood.

Hyouka

>Maison Ikkoku

Is it really that good? Ive been meaning to watch it.

I don't think Hyouka was bad at all, and it was definitely fun to watch, but a masterpiece?

Nichijou

This is backwards though.

A boring piece of shit that plebs consider a masterpiece.

G-Reco

Only Yesterday was a colossal piece of shit, though. Calling other people names won't do anything to alter that.

It's top tier, lad. One of the best climaxes in all of anime.

Patlabor, Lain, Bakemonogatari.

wtf I've never seen anyone say they didn't like Moribito

Some fags moan that there isn't a spear fight every episode. That slice-of-life run in the middle dedicated to developing Balsa and Chagum's relationship gets called boring.

The filler makes it irredeemable.

Speak of the devil

Rakugo
Bartender

Yes. Get the Kagura release (gorgeous BD rip with restored audio).

Please stop, someone might actually believe you.

Never heard anyone say this is boring.
It's no masterpiece either.

Bakemonogatari
Is fucking shit, the meaningless flow of the words.
It is, deal with it.
For now it's the lowest shit ITT.
>Texhnolyze
I never ever heard that people badtalking about texhno, so you are wrong, and, basicly, fucking stupid.
Some people consider it as the best koyani show.

>I never ever heard that people badtalking about texhno, so you are wrong, and, basicly, fucking stupid.
I did, and can I assure you Texhnolyze is a big pleb filter you autist.

tanaka kun wa itsumo kedaruge

>You will never have a cool badass bodyguard onee-san

Maybe it's because they are boring?

>I did
Baby can't dive into the depth?
Oh, don't be silly, once you grown up you wouldn't be afraid of it.
For now watch you're school drama.

I dropped at 6 episodes bc I thought it was boring And I like Mushishi, Usagi Drop, Silver Spoon.

How does it feels being a retard ?

I duuno, pls tell me.

That show is a snore fest and I worked in microbiology, Silver Spoon is so much better.
When I see people recommending that to people who liked Silver spoon i just assume they are stupid.

That's not Moyashimon.

And the first season of Moyashimon is great. Bad taste, friend.

The only action-adventure anime I've watched that emphasizes the adventure over the action.

>hurr durrr ki ni narimasu durr
>protag blushes and complains but still does it
>repeat forever
KyoAni saving anime once again.

>I don't understand a cartoon
Embarrassing

people who don't either are monsters.

Sakamichi no Apollon

It's possible to make anything sound stupid by describing it like that and you still failed.
Can anyone stop Kyoani?

>if I like it but it sucks it's 2deep4u
Sure, user. Such a unique and deep protagonist who is not generic at all in such a innovative plot setup. Astonishing. Only true anime connoisseurs can understand this masterpiece.

>I think plot is an important factor in a visual medium
Embarrassing

agreed
visuals are the only thing that matters

that's why naruto is the best anime

Only Yesterday's visual style is what every contemporary SOL tv anime wishes to replicate but fails at.

>only visual medium matters
At least now I understand why you like this shit.

Proving once again why Narutofags should be purged.

how am i proving that

anime is a visual medium

plot doesn't matter

>wishes to replicate but fails at
some anime have actually surpassed it

Hyouka comes from a novel series.

i agree that hyouka is bad but that's because the visuals also fail to tell a compelling story

Who raped you?

My father.

Papa

Speaking of rape.

This

pure kino

>we will never see backgrounds like these in anime again
it hurts amigos

Just watch any pre-2k stuff, there's plenty of good stills

Pleb-filter, the series.

Sup Forums hates this but praises Clannad After Story.

Ah, it's this retard again.

It made me cringe at all the teenage drama and i don't care for music, but it was undeniably good.

This and Aria.

You can take meds for ADHD.

It's fucking great, has some lovely 80s comfy with a story that succeeds in tying everything up, a rarity for Rumiko shows. It moves at what seems like a relaxed pace but it actually gets a lot done per episode, I never personally felt like it dragged but I've had a tough time selling it to people.

>pls

You literally couldn't be more 13 if you tried. Fuck off.

Someone for the love of god, please translate this manga

but this is a piece of shit that people think its good

Shoukoku no Altair

>Most of the thread is 90% visuals 0% story or characters
No user, you are the pleb.

The story gets better and better as it progresses
KATO sensei is the undercover rusemaster i tells ya

This is neither boring nor a masterpiece, just extremely flawed in how it fails to present the most basic 'emotional' story in a comprehensible, believable way. To 's point, it's Clannad through a high functioning autism filter. Clannad didn't break any new ground, it just managed to present a simple story well. Your Lie just needed a competent director, it was the first time Miyazaki's infamous quote about humanity being lost in modern anime made sense to me.

> Maison Ikkoku
Finished it 2 days ago. It was so refreshing to watch a romance about adults and not kids. Also it is a rare thing when anime actually has a good conclusion, and not some kind of open ending.

BanG Dream!

Actually a lot of Dezaki's work could fall under this topic.

You should watch the first series of Ranma 1/2 if you haven't already, the Ikkoku team got straight to work on it after Maison Ikkoku ended and it feels very similar. Tragically enough it got shitcanned at the end of series 1 and was re-launched on a shoestring budget with more filler and much of the staff gone, but for a little while it was shaping up to be just as good.

mushishi

Thank You for recommendation. I heard about Ranma, but wasn't planning to watch it, because I usually do not like gender-bender staff. But now, probably will give it a try.

Ping pong

It should be a MAJOR fucking strike against the show when the characters are so one-dimensional. It's not an excuse to let them be merely vehicles for the conceptual/speculative aspect of the show.

That fucking non-ending

Except none of his stuff is boring at all? In fact every episode ends on some sort of cliff hanger so you KEEP watching.

God-tier OP

also Moanin' is now playing in your head

Angel's Egg easily. I can't say it compares to Tarkovsky, who was a pretty big influence on Oshii (and you can see a lot of Tarkovsky motifs in Angel's Egg, like rain indoors) but for anime standards it's a masterpiece. Certainly better than most anime directors who only know how to mimic other anime.

Not exactly a masterpiece, but I personally liked it's pacing.

The gender-bending in Ranma is incredibly tame and only exists to be played for laughs really. What sticks out in the first series are the feels, the comfy atmosphere and the depth given to the characters, all carrying over from Ikkoku. It's weird though, I'd recommend starting it but not finishing it, as it ended before the manga and later eps are of dubious quality as mentioned.

dat sakura ass

That movie is fucking retarded but the abridged version was great.

I've yet to see any anime that surpasses this, perhaps this is the height of chinese cartoons.

>caring about plot