FLCL

The best anime ever, fight me.

lol, are you me?

"I don't like it" is the best I can offer.

what's your favourite bit, OP?

mine is: "An older woman.... that's a big mistake".

Why would I fight you if I agree with you?

Best? nah.

3rd best?
Yes

Is it me or is Sup Forums not cringey anymore?

I adore FLCL. It's my fourth favorite anime. Just an overall fantastic message about becoming an adult and dealing with all the issues of life from child -> teenager -> adult, not just from the point of view of Naota, but everybody.

I don't understand why this gets so much praise. >TTGL, Gunbuster, Diebuster, Eva, and EoE were all much much better anime from the same studio.

Most overrated ever

Brittle Bullet best episode.

>seperating Eva and EoE
they're the same thing
EVA and TTGL were better but Gunbuster wasn't(even though Gunbuster is great). FLCL is top tier.

Never watched it and never will

>but Gunbuster wasn't
Care to explain your reasoning? Yes, it had a slow start but that was necessary.

>TTGL, Eva
>better than FLCL
shut your fucking mouth

Nope. Full Swing and Marquis de Carabas are better. Still great tho

I loved Gunbuster. I understand that the slow start was necessary, I even liked the show at the start. The climax of episode 4 was one of my favorite scenes in anime and Noriko is one of my favorite female characters in anime.

it's just gunbuster is my 13th favorite anime and FLCL is my 4th favorite anime. I'd give Gunbuster a strong nine and FLCL a 10.

Anecdotal, but when I first saw this on the first ever airing on AS, it was just so different than everything else I'd see up until that point. It had an impact beyond its message/intentions, and that's probably why I still love it now.

there just isn't actually much out there like it. the only thing that is similar is diebuster.

ahahahaha no

>Everyone loves meme show meant to be nonsensical and cure Gainax out of the depression that is Eva

Oh ok that explains why you're all fighting about cartoons, when I posted it was a joke.

Is it me or is Sup Forums not cringe anymore?

you have no heart

>FLCL Archives
Mein nigger.

LIES

EPISODE 123456 BEST EPISODE

have you read the light novels lad?

Because eva is shit

No he hasn't British lad.

I would have liked it if they went through with the /ss/

Nah all I have right now is the manga and the Archives, but I'll get around to those soon. How different are they from the anime?

I've only read a bit of them. They're almost like... the anime slowed down to the point that all that implied shit you might miss is explicated. And its told from the perspective of Naota, and he's fleshed out to the point that he feels more like a real person. Same with Mamimi. It's really interesting, I need to get them

I also hear that Naota's mother is referred to?

Shit, now I'm fucking intrigued but
>volume 3 is $400+ on amazon
why

Just because it's not the byproduct of the creator wallowing in depression and has wacky humor doesn't make it "nonsensical", nor does it invalidate it in any way. Try harder.

Just get it off BakaBT.

don't know why I didn't think to check there

still sucks though

I know, it's ridiculous. Are Japanese versions cheaper, I wonder...

Also I heard there's actually a flash-forward at the end that shows where some of the characters end up.

I fucking love the manga ending. There's something so bleakly perfect about it but I can't put it into words

Darker than Black edges it out because Amber's death was sad but FLCL comes close.

There's more than 2 volumes? I remember getting the US release back in 03 and there were only 2.

Ah the 2000 series was 3 my bad.

i like it too user, plebs gonna pleb
what's your favorite episode?
the first one is a 10/10 for me

I honestly lost grasp of what was happening in the manga after the big hand-robot started messing up the town, but somehow the ending was still heartbreaking.

Another plus from the manga was that it gave us more NinamorixNaota service, aaaaawww yeah boy

I watched it 3 times and still had no idea what was going on, but I still enjoyed it.

Yeah the manga is borderline incomprehensible but somehow it packs an emotional punch. I like how it feels totally different from the anime, it even has a different message. It's more about how the media distorts reality, I think.

I like how Ninamori is a lot more bitchy in it. Am I right in saying that she calls Mamimi a pedophile? Because its only in one translation I've read, others are different

She does that?

>lolsorandom shit
It's cancer and Reddit

She calls her a child molester, according to Dark Horse.

Yeah, that's it. That's some funny shit. And basically true, too.

Love the bit with the "room in Cuba full of butterflies"

Brushed it off as lolrandomxd shit but realized how much of a masterpiece it was on the second watch when I was a bit older

I don't believe you.

When I first watched it as an 11 year old, it left me with a weird feeling in my stomach for about a week afterwards. Couldn't stop thinking about it. It had a real effect on me.

definitely in the top tier; anyone have any idea when to second season is supposed to come out this year?

I'd be surprised if it comes out before winter, usually when we know this little it means the show's pretty far off

CRAAAAAZYYY SUUUNSHIIINE

It's still set to come out this year

Also here's a synopsis from MAL and ANN:

In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together. Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school. Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock.

But why did Haruko return to Earth? What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota? And where did the human-type robot "Canti" go?

(Source: ANN)

CAN YOU FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL. CAN YOU FEEL THE HYBRID RAINBOW.

>Can you feel
I knew I should have looked up the lyrics, I though it was saying "Can't evade, can't evade that hybrid rainbow" like it was somethin' coming at you

>But why did Haruko return to Earth? What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota? And where did the human-type robot "Canti" go?
Questions nobody wanted the answers to.

I'm just hoping that the girl is cute and it has nice animation. It'll be a fucking miracle if they can somehow replicate the feeling of the original, so I'm not counting on it

They managed to capture some of the same feeling in Diebuster

but that was because it was made by largely the same team as FLCL. This new season has literally no one from the original series other than Sadamoto for character designs.

I only ever watched it dubbed.
Is it worth rewatching the subbed version or is it no better?

I thought Tsurumaki was supervising or something? Whatever the fuck that means. I guess it would be possible to create something great if they got back as many of the old guys back as they could, and by bringing in some great new talent but this this is co-produced by fucking Toonami, it's nothing more than a nostalgia-fueled cashgrab. Shit sucks.

I'm hopeful it'll be good. Stranger things have happened

I am too, deep inside.

I'm just afraid of being let down.

According to MAL, it says the Pillows will still be doing the music. Are they just going to re-use the same songs again??

not excited fir a time skip desu

I don't think a lot of people are gonna fight you on that, OP. That's like saying "The sky is blue", or "dfc is best, fight me"

its one of the best anime (not the best), but definitely has the best sound track of any anime

this was my favourite 3 hour music video

I wouldn't be totally against that, but I do hope they use new tracks.

It's definitely the best coming-of-age anime.

Didn't find any of the jokes funny though.

You're trying to hard to fit in here, come back in a few years kiddo

They literally sound the exact same

I swear to god if they turn FLCL into a /u/ shit-show....

>but when I first saw this on the first ever airing on AS, it was just so different than everything else I'd see up until that point. It had an impact beyond its message/intentions, and that's probably why I still love it now.

This pretty much. I still remember the first time watching it and thinking "Hot damn, I don't know what the fuck is going on but I love it."

>kid trying to destroy world just so he can fuck middle-aged woman

Its very overrated but also very good. Also the first case where the English dub was better than the original Japanese voices.

Gosh, Naota was such a cutie.

I wonder what his dick tastes like.

The only show more overrated than Cowboy Bebop or NGE.

Thankfully you only suffer for a fraction of the time.

fag

Same thing happened to me when I finnished eva.

you know it's going to happen user

best girl

What would the first two be? I can only think of Eva

nah
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Is anime really so bad now that we've all become nostalgiafags? I'm lucky enough to see one decent thing a year.

LWA is frankly the only thing I've bothered to watch this year. I think a lot of us have very specific tastes that only get filled every now and then.

>LOTGH
>better than FLCL
Fuck no, as much as I like the overall plot of Legends (it still has a lot of retarded bits, the terraists' subplot is fucking dumb and goes nowhere. Not to mention how forceful the ending is at trying to have no loose ends), it doesn't use the medium at all, unlike FLCL, which uses it to its fullest. LOTGH should have stayed as a book, it has little to nothing to offer as an audiovisual piece.

Except Reddit hates FLCL. They hate most Gainax masterpieces because pre-2007 anime "looks bad".

I wish there was one thing I could watch every year. For me it's at most one every two.

Which is strange because most of the older shit is actually animated. Anime is lazy, but the shit pulled from recent work is super lazy.

FLCL is one of those shows that's only really experienced once.

You get 1 viewing of all 6 episodes and that's it.

Whatever you get from them is completely up to you.

>Hanging around people that aren't good for you
>Keeping secrets from others as to not hurt them
>Trying to do the right thing while others lie,cheat,and cause chaos
>Discovering your feelings for others
>Succumbing to jealousy
>Fearful about everything so you aim for mediocrity to save face
>Only swinging the bat when it really matters
>Learning that growing up at your own pace is the best thing to do
>But you can only mature when you make the occasional change

How do you mishear FEEEEEEEL into EVAAAAAADE?

You forgot
>Overanalyzing 90s TV shows

I want to pat Naota on the head

>TTGL
>Diebuster
>better than FLCL

Jesus christ, are you serious? I didn't know it was possible to be this wrong.

If you think FLCL is nonsensical you have to be fucking braindead. It practically beats you over the head with its metaphors.

>Swing the bat
That episode hit a little too close to home.

They could use old tracks too. It'd be nice to hear Kim Deal / Biscuit Hammer in FLCL2.