So... i heard this anime was kinda shitty even for the strike witches standards

So... i heard this anime was kinda shitty even for the strike witches standards.
What's Sup Forums opinion about this?

It was alright. Finnish girls a cute

It was made by another studio?
I've watched a couple of video in the tube and the fights looked kinda shitty and slow paced compared to "strike".

The CG is markedly worse than both seasons of Strike Witches, which is shocking considering how much better today's technology is. Looks like they're phasing some of it out with the Blu-Rays, though.
Pantyshots are down by a lot and if there was any frontal nudity, I've already forgotten about it. This is a sticking point for some.
See those four girls in the middle? The plot focuses on them. A lot. So much so that the other characters get a bit shafted.

Despite that, I still enjoyed it more than Strike Witches, so I think you should just try it yourself and form your own opinions.

I liked it. I wonder whether we'll get a series on another Wing in the future though. Something Afrika related?

Three of the girls have essentially no personality. Too much focus on the core group of characters.

Fan service was non existent.

Ludicrous amounts of CGI close ups.

Lower production values compared to Strike Witches S1.

It just felt really dull for some reason. Considering the 502 is supposed to be one of the crazier squads that's surprising. They also cut down on the fanservice by alot.

504th anime when
Translations for the second and third volumes of their manga when

From a veteran's perspective, Sanya was best witch in every Witches show.

Given the popularity of their novel the 506th seems likely. Or maybe the 504th, since Junko and the Red Pants were prominent in season 2 and the movie.

Would you be ready for the shitposting though?

What are the chances of an anime for these semen demons?

Best girl.

It spent way too much time focusing on the three main girls at the expense of the rest of the cast. Strike Witches was great because they gave all of the girls an episode and made you care about the whole team. With Brave Witches, I couldn't even remember half the characters in the show.

It wasn't a terrible show, but it was definitely a step down story-wise, animation-wise and PLOT-wise from Strike Witches.

Basically it is missing the charm that Strike Witches had.

Remember in Strike Witches those little but essential background things? Characters doing silly things, being themselves, interacting, etc? Like Erica teasing Trude and having a messy room, Yoshika randomly staring at Lynn's boobs in different situations, Eila teasing Perrine, Lucchini just hanging around while the actual things happen in the background, etc etc.

All these things that made the characters feel alive. They completely omitted those in Brave Witches. It went so far they even ignored character traits that were already established in the twitter stories. No hugbunny, no hint of the close relationship between Sasha and Naoe, one small scene with Nipa and Sasha, only one mention of Nao liking reading which was quickly brushed off again.

HIkari, Nao, and Nipa hogged half of the screentime while characters like Sadako and Georgette stayed utterly bland and uninteresting.

It's hard to believe that this was made by the same people who made Strike Witches.

They shoulda fucking done the Misfits.

Which Wing has that German princess in it?

Do that one

Considering Strike Witches is a masterpiece, even though Brave Witches is way worse, it's still really good.

Too bad none of them wear pants

When is bluray even coming out?

>really good
No, average at best.

Way too much CGI in the fight scenes. Make what was supposed to be the most excited parts look cheap and feel unengaging.

Also, I hope you like this franchise for the WWII elements and not the fanservice because there's almost no fanservice in it.

Yeah, it's not even good as Strike Witches.

>ellipses
fuck off

I liked it. The only legitimate complaint is that the CG is shit but that only accounts for a small portion of the show.

It was very ok. Not as good as the first two seasons, which I thought were very good.

Also, they've been pushing this girl a lot lately in the game. She has lots of cards now and isn't even a playable character yet.

Takami needed more screentime.

Imagine the first season of Strike Witches. Now make the protagonist even more annoying and hog even more of the spotlight, remove 95% of the ecchi and yuri content, and make all the combat scenes poor CGI.
It's sad and completely unacceptable this many years after Strike Witches aired. Everything that made it special is gone.

>make the protagonist even more annoying
Hikari was more likable.
>remove 95% of the ecchi and yuri content
It would be fine if they replaced it with better battles or something.
>make all the combat scenes poor CGI
Those will be fixed for BDs.

This. It's not about cgi or production values or lack of fanservice, even though those are all real problems. The thing that really separates it from the original is the lack of soul.

It's about cute girls shooting aliens without pants, it can't be worse than the average anime.

I don't think my dick could handle it.

user, please.

It's too many fucking characters. 9 is already too many for a 12-episode season, but then they had to shit out 2 more Nip girls because xenophobia.

Hey I can see her panties

Gay

It's less about what it is on the outside and more about how it feels, see

I agree with that post completely.
Again,

I guess I could say it was really good if it just ditched the rest of the crew entirely and only was the adventures of Hikari, Nipa, and Nao, and sometimes Edytha. And no Tamaki allowed either.