Is he the best protagonist of this decade so far?

Is he the best protagonist of this decade so far?

Blocks your path

I want to gouge this faggot's eyes out with my fingers

Who was this guy again?

no, he is poorly written and inconsistent(from what I seen)

the author was obviously going for okabe, but he sucks at writng

(forgot to add)
in addition the fact that this show got so popular made me lose my faith in humanity once more.

>the author was obviously going for okabe
No he wasn't, you're just a fucking idiot.

That happens though

He just jokes about it and then resets

what's her fucking problem?

>time travel mechanic causes the main character to mentally break down

enlighten me, how is that different from okabe?

and at least in okabe's case it was more believable for the mechanic could not save the given person no matter how many times he tried. despite this he only grew numb to the whole situation, which was what really caused him to break down.

this protagionist is shit because he is inconsistent. one moment he is not afraid of dying, the next he is afraid all the more.

this inconsistency is what caused me to drop this shit show.

He is Emilia's knight

Mitsubishi Honda

I wouldnt be scared if someone threatened to kill me but i knew they wouldnt

I WOULD be scared if a painful death was staring me in the face

I think that is the difference there

You mustn't have seen a lot of animes, OP.

in like one of the earlier episodes he throws himself off a cliff.

you would think that that was him accepting his powers and relying on them to come out ahead.

but later on in the series he only just reverts to his previous state as if none of that happened.

this is shit writing and you are blind not to see it.

>animes
fuck off retard

So why exactly people like this story anyway? There are better 'edgy blood and death' anime around

I never understood why people liked this anime
it was so cliche and boring, the usual waifu shit

2deep4u

I don't think he's an example worth following

>it's "user thinks his favorite anime is too intellectually deep for other people to understand" episode

I also forgot to add that given he succeeded after he grew to accept his ability, that would enshrine a positive reinforcement mechanism in him that would not allow him to revert to his previous state(that there is no point in trying) of mind no matter how much times he died afterwards. this positive reinforcement mechanism is not something he could get around for it is not a human instinct but rather an animal one: we are more inclined to see patterns where there are none than not see them where they are. this is because a false negitive mistake is more costly then a false positive one, therefore evolution selects for us being more inclined to make false positive mistakes.

this would mean that the mc, like an addictive gambler would attribute his positive state of mind to his previous success, and any future failures he would attribute to not having a positive enough state of mind

this is basic human psychology.

the author is retarded and he does not understand how humans work.
>not understanding irony
you are new to this.

Dumb user is dumb

>I WAS JUST PRETENDING GUYS!!
Please end your miserable life

If killing yourself is so much fun why don't you do it? Faggot

>why people enjoy things
really a mystery

that wasn't even me you faggot.

I just saw that you are a fucking retard and called you out on it.

He's not scared of the physical death, it't that everytime he fails it puts cracks in his hero complex that he is using to ignore his insecurities.

>newshit backpedaling this hard

this. i tried enduring through it because everyone says its good but i quit after 10 episodes because it was incredibly boring

He fucking admitted he's scared of getting hurt in one of the episodes after that cliff jumping scene.

>my only argument is calling people samefags, newfags and pretending everyone else is retarded

He threw himself off because he had basically no other choice at the time.
And I love how you're trying to play armchair psychologist here, when it's obvious that him dying another time would only make him want to avoid it more.

As he said dying fucking hurts, A LOT. He's going to try to avoid it as much as he can, him throwing himself off the cliff would just serve as a reminder as to why it should always be a very last resort. Unless he's a masochist or loses his self preservation instinct, suicide will almost always be a last resort tool.

Not to mention he has no clue when it will run out and he will be dead for real, as far as the anime goes at least.

Re;Zero was pretty good in spite of him.

Unlike most people on this board, I actually thought Toyota was pretty good. Unfortunately, I can only give him 2nd place in his own year.

>newshit this lost

Subaru is actually remarkably consistent if you pay attention to the nuances in his dialogue.

>doesn't realize it's a third different person shitting on him

what I am saying is that given that he would resort to suicide, the subsequent deaths and failures would not have as much impact as they did.

I could grant you that they might not boaster his resolve(though I think they would given that he succeeded after his suicide), but they would not disparage him as they appeared to do, especially given that he only died just a few times afterward.

>Not to mention he has no clue when it will run out and he will be dead for real, as far as the anime goes at least.

it is funny that people attribute this mindset to him, even though we never see him express it.

>newshit still this lost thinking he's the only one doing shit

>being this dense
holy fucking shit dude, lurk more

this is person #2 and at this point I feel pity towards your stupidity.

I just wrote which is was posted 3 minutes after given that you replied to my first comment which was and I was busy replying to subsequent replies think why would I bother addressing a second comment towards you which would be ?

it is rather simple to deduce your retarded comments for they are short and generally contain an epithet.

anyway op lurk more, use that retarded brain of yours, and maybe in time, it would acquire a quality that people may consider adequate for general purpose use.

>it is funny that people attribute this mindset to him, even though we never see him express it.

I remember an episode in the mansion where he's wondering if 3 times are the amount of time he can die so he's clearly not certain of how it works

Mental damage

I see, I do not recall such a scene(and given your description I should have recalled it), but I will take your word that it happened.

wait he may have had died more than 3 times in the first arc, if so your description might not be accurate, which would call into question the validity of your statement.

but even if he did, so what? it does not change the fact that his subsequent deaths imposed a negative psychological impact after they happened.

that would only explain his state of mind prior to death, not after it.

mmmm thinking about it, the state could carry over, but I think that overall a state of relief would overcome him afterwards which would feed into a positive feedback loop that would, like a gambler(who would attribute a positive sense of mind as the reason for his success), cause himself to boister his own attitude in such a way that he would not be depressed.

Does the main character of this show ever actually do anything? There's been lots of threads on this but all I ever see is different pictures of him crying, and people calling him a fucking idiot.

yes

no

no

you are supposed to say maybe

no

maybe

What the fuck was his problem?

Possible

>hurr durr subaru best protagonist
>only watched a bunch of "good" shows

jesus christ how low can you be

>this moment
that was so JUST

>didn't actually watch the show

He's suffered enough. Please don't remind me his suffering.

he seemed inconsistent

You are a newfag too.

>NO
>MORE
>RE ZERO
>EPISODE

Is this the only show you watched this decade so far?

Only millenials think that way. He is inconsistent and anoying at best. Sadly the rest of the story is annoying as well.

yeah but shows like re zero are really only for the waifus

sup

>yeah but shows like re zero are really only for the waifus

meh best girl is dead, the rest are pretty meh.

I seen enough of the show in order to draw the given conclusions.

watch the whole show.

why? how will the last arc rebuke my conclusions?

>why?
because I told you so,
now watch the whole show, that's an order.

Wrong

I have not been watching anime recently, so I will most likely just watch shit from the current season after it finishes airing, instead of watching a mediocre anime(at best).

Not even the best protagonist of the day

The meme boy

what was his name again?

his name is Reddit

Not in the last 10 years, maybe the last 5 years. Not because he's a good character. Just because every other character is even worse. Anime standards for characters are in the trash. Who wants to take the time to write a realistic character when you can just spam archetypes and it'll sell.

hello

best girl

>maybe the last 5 years
another fag who does not watch anime and pretends he knows something.

go watch grimgar or pic related

>vlc

Even this guy was better.

this faggot's face pisses me off so damn fucking much

>assuming the screencap is mine

He's a fucking dipshit.

>Not Kazuma

The desire to protect rem over-rode the desire to avoid a painful death.

betelgeuse kun