Is dumbing down the barrier of entry to become a lawyer a good thing or a bad thing?

Is dumbing down the barrier of entry to become a lawyer a good thing or a bad thing?

wsj.com/articles/law-schools-say-please-come-no-lsat-required-1512556201

Snowflakes can’t study rape and murder cases now it’s too triggering. These faggots are gonna get eaten alive.

Bad

All it dues it nuke the salaries of good lawyers and choke up the courts with gutter-litigation

It's not even that. Being able to do well on the LSAT requires a lot of intelligence. They are removing that barrier of entry.

too many lawyers already, they just want easy shekels from retards.

They have to pass the bar exam whether their schooling prepares them for that or not.

You know lawyers specialize in certain areas, right? You've watched too much crime tv shows. Lawyering is not that exciting.

It's gonna be like Harvard where the debate teams have literal rap battles and the equally dumb jury decides the case based on style and how lit the prosecution was.

Cue hoop and hollerin' and clapping as a witness mic drops the judge and walks off the stand.

Of course, so the school can get money from enrollment.

Dummies take out loans, cry it's too hard, drop out, but the money and loans stay on. Then these same people cry student loans are hindering their life style while they drink their3rd mocha frappichino

A lot of people will drop out, law school is no joke.

Applicants must take the GRE instead. Only 14 out of 200 law schools are trying this to see what happens.

The real reason this is being done: “Nationally, law school applications have dropped. There were 100,000 applications in 2004 and in 2016 there were only 56000,” Fleming said.

It's just the schools wanting more money from hopeful retards. Im in law school now, and if you're too dumb for the LSAT, you're too dumb period.
Retards BTFO

Good let them drop! They're too many people there as is! No need to bring in dumb people who can't think logically/analytically, unless the schools want to get more money or steepen the grading curve.

There isn't really any reason for lawyers to exist anymore when a computer program could advise an individual on court proceedings and the law better than a person. Why are lawyers anymore?

while i think there are too many lawyers, you're mixing up just basic application of regulations and discovery work versus interpreting case principals. What makes one situation's laws apply versus other? Was there intent in the action or something any reasonable person could do?

For regulations and discovery, most of that shit is being outsource or automated. For principal interpretation, that won't be going away for awhile.

wtf, lsat is easy
just solve a lot of logic games, brush up your writing and that's it!

From what i can tell it doesnt say anything about lowering the BAR passing score. This means whoever still does pass it is actually qualified.

You’d be surprised at how often highly paid lawyers fuck up on basic stuff. Interpreting legal principles and arguing a case is a tiny part of legal work that virtually no one can afford any more. I hope AI puts 90% of them out of work

>more incompetent defense lawyers

As long as they don dumb down the barrier for succeeding those studies, there is no issue in dubing down the entry of there are insufficient students.

Lots of people are bad at their job. It's quite annoying how often I have to tell others how they should do their job.

We don't even need AI, just stop paying retards.

That said it's a execs job to figure out who to buy from, and there's a lot of terrible execs too.

The united states has so many fucking lawyers already, way too many. Also, many of them (I'm talking like 75%) end up in really dead end jobs.

I work directly with Worker's Compensation attorneys and they are truly bottom of the barrel. They sometime put in tons of time and their fees sometimes barely earn them $10.00 per hour spent. It is laughable.

Wages are no longer rising and AI is lowering the bar

Lawyer tiers are pretty bad. The only lawyers that are living the high life are 20+ year partners; a minority of criminal defense/pi attorneys; and the occasional appellate lawyer with a long pedigree.

Most lawyers are sad people in my opinion. Most lawyers aren't that good either. Particularly outside of major cities. 95% of prosecutors are morons, and the same people that were on the high school yearbook committee (or whatever dicksmoking position is possible in education) become prosecutors. If you ever meet a career prosecutor chances are something is wrong with him/her. They are nasty people.

There are other sad lawyer types. The young business lawyer who works 80+ hours a week typically gets flushed after three years. This leaves them out on the street or heading back to school. Sometimes they give up all together and find something else to do.

The fact is, most people who enter law successfully have a job in place before they even started law school. They retreat to daddy's firm after a short stint wherever to resume sucking cock. Lawyers are mostly garbage, and few meet the exception of advocate and scholar that society should hold them to.

OH and they ALL drink too much.

We need more dumb mongoloids to set the curve for the rest of us that will actually do something productive with our lives