Is Crunchyroll trying to outdo FUNi in terms of shittyness?

Is Crunchyroll trying to outdo FUNi in terms of shittyness?
Now that they are getting bigger they are starting to cut out on the quality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/20PwaJYcnuk
diff.pics/epwqkNpejQJz
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/203159
youtube.com/watch?v=eBF-z22ehvo
youtube.com/watch?v=PsKgRDQN38c
reddit.com/r/anime/comments/5yv8a7/crunchyroll_has_reduced_bitrate_by_4070_damaging/
twitter.com/MilesExpress999/with_replies
diff.pics/Tb0D8sX0IXXX/4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this is why stream sites exist: To have back ups

>HorribleSubs live up to their name
>it's CRs fault

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZ

who gives a shit, you're not paying for it and hopefully not archiving their rips either

It actually is though

Are you pretending?

WOW
O
W

So I guess the 1080p releases are now worthless and 720p is probably a waste. Now it's best to just get 480p and then wait for BDRips if you still care.

BDrips are dead too though. Who even does them when there are no good original subs?

>they are streaming anyway
>like they care about this shit
>they probably still use some other random site that's worse than this
Daiz explaining CR how to make some cash.

The subs are still good I guess.
The problem is the video is shit now.
You'll just have to wait for someone to put the subs on a TV source.

youtu.be/20PwaJYcnuk

Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz Daiz

Those are all shitty shows, don't deserve superb quality video.

Looks like they switched from High@L4 to [email protected] profile.

He's in here faggots.

>anime of the season doesn't deserve good quality

>We do not translate our own shows because we rip from Crunchyroll, FUNimation, Hulu, The Anime Network, Niconico, and Daisuki.
>We DO NOT and NEVER WILL ever encode any of our releases, which are all direct rips from their respectful owners.
:^)

Their ripping script is fucked PuyaSubs, also rips from CR, is fine

>literally halving the bitrate
It's like they are actively trying to get worse

Eh, they're actively trying to cut corners so they can rake in more profits. We've seen it with the shittier memesubs HS is putting out (which the Cartel has been defending, they're probably the ones getting paid to make them) and they've never been much bothered by the video quality/encoding.

>reducing the quality of your service at the same time that amazon is trying to get in
Yeah that's a sound buisness decision

People were worried about this when the partnership was announced, wasn't expecting it to actually happen.

Now go and read the replies to that post retard.
There is still a "quality" video available HS just didn't rip it.

Who cares? You can't even tell the difference.

is this real

I heard public raws are bad quality but if they are not really that bad compared to the new CR video there is nothing stopping you from ripping CR's subs and just touching the timing a bit to get your normal anime like in the old times.

diff.pics/epwqkNpejQJz

no

This is not a bitstarved CR vs non bitstarved CR

what's the point of this comparison?

>[BadRim] BanG Dream! - 01 [1080p].mkv  453.1 MiB
>[HorribleSubs] BanG Dream! - 01 [1080p].mkv  548.8 MiB

Thank you for clarifying my point "This is not a bitstarved CR vs non bitstarved CR"

There's not such anime in OP's picture

I was going to agree with you but you can actually tell difference.
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/203159

>episode 1

There's your problem.

It's fine. it's working how it's supposed to be :^)
t. horriblesubs leader

Kys you t. piece of shit, fuck off from this board.

I know I'm practically asking to get flamed at, but: Not OP, but I am paying for it.

A lot of shows simply don't get licensed for the region I live in. Not even by other streaming sites.
And with CR having largely killed fansubs, rips from them are practically the only way to watch those shows.

>Kys

You should go with him.

t. horriblesubs leader

After killing fan subbing they proceed to fire all the translation staff and outsource everything. It's like predatory pricing for anime.

Who fucking cares man, seasonal anime is shit anyways. Did this just start though? I haven't watched any HS release in a few days and they were all around 350mb for a 720 release. I'm about to watch Demi-chan though, I wonder how bad it looks

If people don't fansub this is our punishment.

Fuck off

It's a monopoly, and monopolies always anus fuck the customers eventually.

When and why did CR get so big anyway? I remember when they had fansubs on their website a long time ago

You fuck off. If you want better quality, you need to fansub. It wouldn't even be difficult to put their script onto a raw, that's what almost every fansub group now does anyway

It's called capitalism.

Here's an easy solution. Find the raw, rip the subs from the horrible subs video, put them together and now you don't have to deal with the shitty encode.

first to go legal, and their release speeds are quicker than speed subbers

If this is what it takes for people to go back to legitimately fansubbing, great, but it's more likely people will just use the CR/HS script and put it on a better encode.

Or they won't, in which case we're fucked.

You forgot the part where you have to do timing.

It's already being done, but the topic is about why CR is doing this

It's more like the end (worst) stage of capitalism, which is also every large company's dream. In the early stages you have lots of small competitors, then it transitions towards an oligopoly.

But CR has reached the final stage. It's like that movie Idiocracy in which every restaurant is a Taco Bell. The company won the oligopoly war and the consumers got fucked in the ass.

I just watched Demi-chan and it was nothing like this. In fact it looked completely fine. You are all complaining about nothing. And is complaining because he finally realized VLC is shit.

Demolition man was taco bell
Idiocracy was Carl's Jr brought to you by Brawndo

What if I can't find the raw publicly on Nyaa?

Then it's most likely a shit show.

yes :^)

is that even possible? Even Idol Memories had raws posted

yes, i watched that shit

No one ripped Girlfriend Note before they were taken down from youtube.

Perfect Dark?

Haven't used it in ages, though, so no idea how the situation over there is.

Yes. I'm pretty sure stuff like Duel Masters never even gets full TV rips of each season. Plenty of kids shows have just 1 person capping, and chances are high that at least one episode will get fucked up or they forget to cap for a week. (e.g. the Kasumin rebroadcast - rips of the last 50+ episodes are unavailable forever now).

Why did it get taken down?

>unavailable forever now
Why would a tv company do this?
Just air something once and never make it available any other way.

It happens quite a lot.
youtube.com/watch?v=eBF-z22ehvo

This series was rebroadcast a few years ago; there aren't any rips of that and the only video sources (that aren't even complete) are spanish dubbed or something.

Kasumin is a remarkably good looking show, considering that it was early 2000s digital-era. But it hasn't been shown again since the rebroadcast a few years ago. During which the subgroup died and whoever was capping forgot about it.

If you go back a bit further there are plenty of things that never even had a home video release, like Ranpou: youtube.com/watch?v=PsKgRDQN38c

Stuff like Galvion had a limited BD release a few years ago, but only the very first disc was uploaded. Now it isn't available for purchase anywhere.

It seems like an awfully big waste of effort on the part of the producers to just air something once.

Most people will not even get a chance to see the whole thing on the first airing.

What I don't understand is why don't funi and CR use the same DRM Amazon does. HS can't handle it automatically so they would be forced to shut down or manually capture 20 shows.

Please kill yourself.

>seasonal anime is shit

The fuck does that even mean? As opposed to what other kind of anime? Almost every one debuts in autumn, spring, summer, or winter at one point.

Unfortunately, the subs themselves have been getting really shoddy too.
This season in particular - Gabriel DropOut is getting a full-on Commie treatment.

who the fuck cares? ESL fansubs is a million times better and they are super fast

well yeah fucktard, I'm only pointing out that "take raw, add CR subs" isn't a viable solution

>As opposed to what other kind of anime?
Things that have already aired and have high quality releases.

Just buy the BDs

Maybe because implementing and maintaining the DRM would require actually skilled people.

They fuck up far more than they fix. But OK.

I like how you try to shill your garbage subs everyone.
Everyone knows your subs are shit with tons of English and translation errors.

horribly marked up import prices.

But those ESL fansubs use CR's subs as a base, then fix the liberal shit they added. If there were no CR rips, there would be no alternative other than the Hella Awesome guys who decided to go full late this week.

reddit.com/r/anime/comments/5yv8a7/crunchyroll_has_reduced_bitrate_by_4070_damaging/

Hmm...

PR faggot desperately trying to claim only pirates are complaining about this issue.

twitter.com/MilesExpress999/with_replies

Even herkz is ripping him a new one, nice.

What happened to Diaz? I never hear about him anymore.

Nigga got summoned in the other thread already.

He's in the other thread

Daiz? He's trying to get Miles to admit the bitrate is worse and stuff, though I don't know why he's expecting some autist that works in PR to do that.

He's always lurking or shilling Fakku or being a Jacob apologist
Always slowly trying to kill scenes
Even he knows CR is shit though

Fucking kill yourself.

Triggered.

Why hasn't someone gone and made a comparison that's specifically from CR?
Throw that at his face.

Come again? diff.pics/Tb0D8sX0IXXX/4

>Even he knows CR is shit though
You know you're garbage when even Daiz and herkz think so.

Oh, he was the OP? Shit, I thought he had a trip but I haven't seen it since 2014.

Are you fucking retarded?