Let's talk about global warming. No not if it's happening or not...

Let's talk about global warming. No not if it's happening or not. I don't care what the reason for it is and who is to blame.

Let's talk about what people reaaaaly avoid talking about. The positives of it.

If the glacial ice melts, we here in Croatia honestly coudn't give a flying fuck about.

A rise in temperatures also isn't going to affect us much because of the water near us that will supply plenty of rain.

Sure floods might happen and we get some increase extreme weather but that won't really be all that different, there people living in way more extreme climates out there.

Russia as far as I can see stands to benefit to no end because it's going to get a shitload of coast that can be sailed for trade and transport. Siberia will become a literal new america. Sure it's land mass will decrease but it's food growing potential is going to increase immensely.

China, America, India, Western Europe,Brazil and Japan stand to lose the most because of population displacement and land mass loss.

Russia, Eastern Europe, Canada, Tajikistan, Kazahstan stand to gain the most.

Some doom gloomers suggest that civilization would somehow fall apart. What would happen is people would simply move like they always have in times of great disasters.

So sure it might impact your life. Sure Africa might have real problems growing food. But as with all of disasters before life survives and adapts.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratospheric_aerosol_injection_(climate_engineering)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_removal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_engineering#Carbon_dioxide_removal
youtube.com/watch?v=ztninkgZ0ws
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw Italy gets it's clay flooded in return for not giving Trst and we stay almost untouched

>here in Croatia we will be fine.
False. You might be able to avoid most of the detrimental effects, but your economy will crumble. New York, Los Angeles, all of Florida, and dozens of other coastal cities will be underwater. This will cause massive amounts of debt and economic strife. The coming depression will effect every nation on earth, even you Balkan assholes.

Trieste is Austrian clay

False. An economy can't crumble if you don't have one!

Yeah sure....

and Austria is Carantanian clay.
checkm8

If we're so powerful that we can warm the earth, why don't we just build machines to cool it?

Kek

Study the alloys.

Follow the frequencies.

>let's just put a bunch of icemakers in Antarctica
Retarded

The thing that has me worried is if the arctic sea ice goes away. The volume of sea ice has been trending downward for the last thirty years and shows signs off being gone in one to five years. Once the ice goes there are a shit ton of methane hydrates that are going to thaw out an come.to.the atmosphere. IN OTHER WORDS ... WE ARE ALL GOING TO GET GASSED!!!!!

Well it's not that it's impossible actually it's really easy.

It's that shit has not hit the fan for anti-green house gases to be released.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratospheric_aerosol_injection_(climate_engineering)

It's not even that expensive.

What people want to do is maintain status quo so removing CO2 would the best idea.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_removal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_engineering#Carbon_dioxide_removal

Greece, Crete here. Looks like we're going to be ok so I don't give a fuck.
You can fuck off and drown while I enjoy the sunshine.
Merry Christmas.

Nobody is going to get gased. The equator is going to get cooked thats for sure but gased nah. Maybe if you live really close to one pocket.

>london? a memory
yeah fuck immigrants

Wait a year or two for the "methane bomb" in the attic to go off, SRM (solar radiation management) will be done every where. Problem is once we start we need to do it forever, humanity is fucked. Science will only make it worse.

God I hope so

It's only going to be "worse" at the start. Gases in the atmosphere are as in none of them are out of our reach, at this point we can engineer Phytoplankton that are going to eat methane and be acid resistant.

>>trst
>>I M P L Y I N G
Give back Fiume slavshit

The logic of this is kinda funny to me.
We are not going to do shit until the problems are extremely bad and required complicated solutions, rather then very easy solutions we could have taken to prevent getting to this point. It is going to be a shock for modern technology obsessed humans when nature puts us back into our rightful place. Nothing is above the laws of physics, we have fucked up, the more we try and solve this the worse it will be for everything down the road. We will try and we will fuck up hard.

I live in a shithole similar in terms of culture relevance with Croatia, which is barely any relevance, and you should care about other nation as well, relevant ones. As for personal matters, I hate the temperatures of this winter and many winters that have been before. 5-10 degrees in winter is not okay here.

To conclude, a species such as the polar bear is more relevant than some 100 something years old nations like "romania" or "croatia". Or "serbia", that is, for you not to get too angry.

I don't see how we would fuck up considering out previous successes in every field ever.

Sorry but Polar Bears like many animals before them did the ecological suicide when they specialized in something really specific.

The fossil records of the last 100.000 tell the same story over and over again.

You see what we're doing right now it's simply accelerating a warming.

youtube.com/watch?v=ztninkgZ0ws

Do you know how many species before us died because they fucked up. Could only live off say eucalyptus plants. Look at the panda it's a great example of a spieces that as fucked up.

A 99% Bamboo diet. A creature that exist only to feed, sleep and procreate. So shitty is the Bamboo diet that they literally have to spend their whole days eating it. They have no "free time".

So my opinion is that both our countries and polar bears are utterly useless.

We are giving nothing to you because you will fuck it up like you already did with Gorizia and Trieste