So, what about Japan and their obsession with outdated junk?

So, what about Japan and their obsession with outdated junk?
Will we ever see a lolipanzers driving Merkavas and leopards?
Some strike witch weaponized with tavor or arx?
What with the obsession with a war inwhich on top of that they even got their asses nuked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxDSiwqM2nw
youtube.com/watch?v=qlPnHAYp2Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=1HrKnF0dwqQ
warisboring.com/the-f-35-stealth-fighter-may-never-be-ready-for-combat-5c1180d6e2b1#.n81z8c7r5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>MBTs
zzzzzzzz

That was the last time they got to have a proper army.

Looks like someone didn't live the early 00's when everything in the west was filled with ww2. What you're calling ''obsession'' doesn't even fit the bill, if anything Japan is obsessed with bad fantasy nowadays and overload of cgdct, not war stuff. Even then, there's stuff like Jormungand and Upotte that aren't ww2, but with focus on modern things.

Even upotte is kinda awkward.
I know classes are about calibers. But if you wanna do an anime about rifle schoolgirls you cannot use the freaking m16. I know it got updated and shit but it was used in the freaking vietnam.
Were are the fishguns?

>So, what about Japan and their obsession with outdated junk?

You say this when burgerland is one of the countries who's the most obsessed with old historical weaponry.

>shoot you from 2km
>bvr your ass from 60km
Modern tank and jet fights is boring.They need combined modern stuff to be exciting whilst being cheap to produce.A pure jet or tank battle scene gonna need some godlike direction to be engaging.

>So, what about Japan and their obsession with outdated junk?
Because WW2 is where tanks are most distinct and interesting. It was a time when true innovations were mixed with critical flaws. Where no one really know what a tank should really look like.

Tanks start to copy each other across the world after WW2 ended, and now there is very little design differences between them.

Hell most modern tanks use guns derived from either the Royal Ordnance (L7, 105mm) gun for older tanks or the more modern Rheinmetall (L44, 120mm) guns on newer ones in the west.

Russians made their own guns and Chinks just copy theirs.

Most WW2 tank battles took place at ranges of 2km. GuP isn't the peak of realistic tank battles, you know.

because ww2 was the fucking peak of tank variance and warfare and ever since MBTs tanks have mostly followed the same general design and concept.

>Most WW2 tank battles took place at ranges of 2km
Nope.

Sorry, I got it wrong. 850 yards was the average determined by the US. Still a long distance though, you aren't getting any street-racing city battles in WW2.

>Most WW2 tank battles took place at ranges of 2km. GuP isn't the peak of realistic tank battles, you know.
In most of the matches Black Forest had, offscreen, they win by simply driving backwards in formation, maintaining maximum engagement range and fire in volleys. This is because for most of their opponents, Black Forest outright out-range their inferior guns and they simply couldn't engage without being wiped out.

Miho knows this, and this is why she get her tanks into cover ASAP. Getting into an open field shootout against Black Forest is the fastest way to die.

What are some good games with tanks on it? tabletop is included.

War Thunder
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Starcraft 2

Company of Heroes or Men of War if you want RTS, World of Tanks if you want literal cancer or War Thunder if you want to kill yourself in the quickest way possible.

>tabletop
Maybe Tanks from galeforce 9? honestly I haven't tried it yet but the minis looks nice.

Well, part of it is that older weaponry is generally more varied and interesting, since everyone was still figuring out what the best way to do things is. And it's not just the Japanese, audiences the world round get a kick out of older stuff in games and films.

because it's about tanks, which are pretty outdated themselves by now

And I bet you think the F35 is a bad plane. Fuck off retard.

They are still quite necessary.

Isn't the US Army still phasing out the m16

The F-35 is a shit plane

Honestly the weirdest part about Upotte to me is that WWII weapons are teachers regardless of their caliber.

At what point does a, say, .45 ACP submachine gun age from a grade schooler to a fucking adult teacher?

Fuck off Pierre Sprey

Who?

Don't start this. There's always /k/.

Upotte's author literally does whatever he wants.

>this user doesn't know who pierre sprey is

youtube.com/watch?v=mxDSiwqM2nw

Yeah, upotte is not to be overthinked.
Is just that having 50 years old rifles as little girls doesn't fit. Some of them like the l85 are even old models already replaced by an improved version.

>modern garbage with no sense of aesthetics and romance

That's the most confusing part. How the hell do you factor in later variants? I mean M16 seemed to be an M16A4 model so why the hell was Elle just an L85A1 instead of the current L85A2?

Same with AUG. Why was she an A1 instead of an A3?

Read

I guess the author like this user said just use the rifles he like, or the most popular ones.
Seriously, better shut down your brain when it comes to upotte.

Uppotte is really not a hardcore show and it isn't a very solid universe. It is very much like Dragonball, in that the author doesn't take anything that seriously compared to the fandom.

No yeah I know, but it was brought up so I couldn't help but comment on it.

In all fairness, GuP battles are sanitized sports tournaments where infantry & many other elements of a real WW2 battlefield are absent.

It's not like a modern Olympic fencer would fare very well against an actual Renaissance duelist, either.

WW2 was the last war that was cool in all areas of combat. Land, sea, air, it was the pinnacle of warfare and aesthetics. Now you kill people without them even knowing what hit them.

>what is artillery

And they still lost.
Try harder sushi, the looser can't trigger shit from the winner.

it was the last time they were relevant in a conflict.

>Now you kill people without them even knowing what hit them.
>now

Wrong.

Because WW2 was the last time tanks, planes, and ships looked cool. Now it's all monotoned gray colored garbage.

Say that to my face fucker and not online

Looks like something for a videogame.

Have you ever actually looked at a modern tank? The challenger 2 is fucking class.

Yes, they look like shit.

Nice rifled gun you've got there.

Sand makes everything look terrible

Let's play a game.
The combined forces of the Oorai team and friends and the tanks from the university, versus this singular beast of a tank. To keep it fair, assume that this tank can resupply for more ammunition.

Who wins?

>Let's play a game.
>The combined forces of the Oorai team and friends and the tanks from the university, versus this singular beast of a tank. To keep it fair, assume that this tank can resupply for more ammunition.
>Who wins?
Here you are thinking this is a VS thread. You lose, not because the tank isn't hightech enough, but because you are in the wrong thread.

You beat the GuP cast just makes you a villain and bully, because you don't understand why modern tanks aren't used. GuP is ENTERTAINMENT. It is meant to be entertaining. You trying to say "my tank is better" is irrelevant.

And for that matter, even then your tank is entirely untested. No one had used it in a real battle, and we know already what happens when you send the first batch of brand new hardware out. That paper specs don't mean much until you actually try it. We know how WW2 tanks perform because they were battle-tested on the most part. Your fancy PL-01 had not.

Christ it's meant to be a hypothetical
Maybe they're fighting this battle as like some sort of show match. Maybe they're fighting it for fun. Maybe it's to test out the PL-01 in a sports environment.

I'd rather see all the combined Ooarai forces against a Challenger 2

Could anything even pen that?

In Iraq, a single Challenger 2 was hit by 14 RPGs at close range and a MILAN AT missile and the entire crew survived unharmed, with the worst damage being to the sights. Nothing is getting through that shit.

It's the closest thing modern MBTs have to a proper heavy tank, really.

Everyone else focused on maneuverability, brits focused on armor.

i heard about one surviving 70 rpgs, but i may be remembering wrong. idk, i don't think it's possible for ww2 tanks.

>guys which ones are the main characters??!!
When are we going to see enemy tanks that are also covered in flair?

I don't think most modern MBTs can reliably pen a Chally 2, even less a WWII tank.

Then again, no one knows since they've never fought other modern MBTs.

Only one Challenger 2 has ever been destroyed during an operation, and it was friendly fire from another Challenger 2.

Oh yeah I remember hearing that. The only thing that can kill a Challenger 2 is another Challenger 2.

I loved my Challenger 1 (never got Challenger 2) in Armored Warfare before the NA server died and the devs got booted.

You say this triggers the burgers, but the only ones triggered today are the people still trying to say the nukes were unjustified.

It fucking well is, no matter what way you look at it.

I can even respect your opinion. But i hope you're not a f-15/su-27 worshipper.
Maneaverability and achrobatics means shit if an undetected enemy can take you down hundreds if not thousands of kilometers away.

According to this video, the only people that are still asshurt about that war, are the Japs.
youtube.com/watch?v=qlPnHAYp2Fk

No wonder they are.
Even for other loosers like Germany and Italy this loss was the end of a dictatorship.
Japan only got their asses kicked and their undefeatable samurai pride incinirated.

>F35
>Good.
Considering that it's a $1 trillion flying brick? Yes. Yes it is a piece of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=1HrKnF0dwqQ

The F-16 was infinitely better.

The F16 was considered an extremely expensive program that produced a useless jet in the 70s, and look where we are now

What about artillery?
Outside of all the proxy wars going on and it's terrorist bullshit with insurgents hiding withing a population, war has boiled down to placement of missile launch points.
That and the vehicles that carry missiles, and the vehicles that carry missile carrying vehicles, and the missiles that shoot down other missiles, and the seven layers of electronic warfare between the missiles and the anti missile missiles.

It's got a perfect kill ratio, and it was significantly less expensive than the gold-plated flying bricks of the 70's. F-35 is hideously over budget POS that exists solely to spend money and can't even turn correctly.

>mass murder civilians
>justified

Yeah, no.

War isn't about being "nice".

no shit, point was that it isn't justified.

Rather naive theory, etc.

>kill ratio
F-35 regularly gets 15-1 in trials
>less expensive
F-35A unit price has dropped below $95 million
>can't even turn correctly
lolno

Oh, it gets even better
warisboring.com/the-f-35-stealth-fighter-may-never-be-ready-for-combat-5c1180d6e2b1#.n81z8c7r5

It was the best possible outcome for Japan though, considering that the alternative was either an American or Soviet invasion

>still got invaded by americans who are raping and killing civilians almost everyday

It's plenty "justified": the alternative was a mass invasion that would have killed far more on both sides. Then there's the Soviets. Those filthy Godless Communist bastards would have turned entire cities into rape factories, and butchered all of the children while looting as much as they could. Just ask the Polish and Germans.

Hahahaha! What a piece of shit!

>the team that has mostly early war tanks with low caliber/velocity guns and only a single 88mm gun between all of them and only later on always go for close range engagement against teams with better armor and better guns

Shocking.

>almost every day
what in the fuck are you smoking

Historical revisionism and crack.

Never heard of Okinawa base it seems, but whatever, pointless chat with uninformed

The Dresden firebombings were worse than the nukes. Way worse.

>one incident over the course of 60 years
almost every day

You're retarded

Japs did way more damage to Okinawans than the americans who were actually invading the place.

>Overblowing small numbers of douchebags to play up the "I'm a victim card".
You're a tard.

>Nothing is getting trough that shit
Except RGP-29 :^)

>war is boring
>a source
pick one

There's a the original DoD memorandum linked there if you want to be anal about it

>I can't refute that the F-35 is an over budget "too big to fail" flying bus, so I'll just dismiss the source instead.

War Thunder senpai

Of course, I dont have to refute claims from a shit source. Maybe you shouldnt post trash and claim it as evidence

So, you can't refute it and claim that the DoD is lying when it claims the F-35 is garbage?

Nice job being a tard.

>Waah why doesnt anyone bother reading my articles from biased and widely known to be shit source

>quotes are taken directly from the DoD
>I-it's shit and biased, guise!

>Italy
>loss
But Italy won