Overlord Season 2 bitches!

Overlord Season 2 bitches!

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-10/overlord-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season/.113293

>Screenings of the second Overlord anime compilation film, Overlord: Shikkoku no Senshi (Overlord: The Dark Warrior), revealed on Saturday that the Overlord television anime series is getting a second season. The screenings are showing an announcement video to reveal the new season.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-10/overlord-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season/.113293
youtube.com/watch?v=rkpu4Ruz8i4
pastebin.com/66p92Vq5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Lizard Sex
>A lot more Cocytus
>Climb and Renner

>animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-10/overlord-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season/.113293
>/2017-03-10/
>posted on 2017-03-11 12:04 UTC-8
hmmmm...

Most of lizard arc is boring.

Its not as bad as the Climb arc that comes after it. The next season is going to cover the worst of the series, and will probably sell so badly that they won't make a season 3.

Should I have used a different article?

Can't wait to see disgusting bug Entoma getting rekt by best vampire.

soooooo.... can we skip over the lizards in like 2-3 episodes?

really hoping

If the lizards happen offscreen I would be more than happy.

One episode introducing the Lizard, Ainz's intentions and the lich warning. The second episode for the gathering of the tribes and one or two scenes from Nazarick. The third episode for steamy lizard sex and then the fourth for the battle and lizard subjugation.

>Climb and Renner

Are we going to see the adventures of wanpan Sebas animated?

I think you guys are underestimating how adaptable those volumes will be. Since you'll be cutting down on all of Climb's retarded internal speeches it will go by a lot faster and it won't be as annoying. Ditto for the Lizards. The problems with 4-6 wasn't their content, but their pacing. The anime will likely improve it. Also, if you really want to, you could probably splice in bits of Volume 8 whilst the Volume 5 stuff is going on. Not only would it chronologically make sense, but it could help the secondaries from being deprived of their Nazarick fix.

why is she so perfect?

Why.does.he.talk.like.this?

Three thread for the same news? Don't you think two is enough for this season. Leave three for possible s3.

Because he's not a human with proper vocal cords?

>The movies were just big commercials for season 2

Sasuga Maruyama-sama

>probably splice in bits of Volume 8 whilst the Volume 5 stuff is going on.
This would make a lot of sense. It was difficult to do in LN format, but anime lends itself really well to this kind of thing. I hope the studio thinks of it.

If Demiurge is Nazaricks commander, why did Ainz gave Cocytus the job of subjugating the lizardmen?

There are no schools he could send Cocytus to so Ainz had to improvise.

Riskyanon what happened to your google account?
Egg0fb

I want to hold CZ's hand!

Did anyone here get a chance to see the first compilation movie? How'd it turn out?

CZ a QT!

Yep!

She'd probably just detach it and hand it to you.

Reading Kumo desu ga gave me a massive boner for the spider girl.

This is what we waited for boys!
We should be able to get to the Worker arc, right?
Theres no way Lizards and Climb could take more than 8-9 episodes, right?

vol 1-3 was 13 episodes so I would assume vol 4-6 would be another 13.

GLORY TO AINZ OOAL GOWN

We're not going to get the Splattering this season, but Men of the Kingdom is still gonna be hype as fuck.

Two of those volumes are The Men in the Kingdom Part 1 and Part 2 though.
If I remember, part one ends with Sebas fighting those mercenary guys, and part 2 Jaldabaoth?
You can condense that stuff I'm sure.
The worker part was one of the most memorable parts. It prints money

>The worker part was one of the most memorable parts. It prints money
Memorable but also very polarizing and there's butthurt surrounding it

Workers isn't really a great season finale too

>polarizing
I mean to tell me there are REAL human sympathizers besides the one or two that spam these threads?

If Season 1 was any judge, they aren't going to cut shit.

Ending with Jaldabaoth and Momon's big fight is definitely how Season 2 is gonna end.

>If Season 1 was any judge, they aren't going to cut shit.
???
Season 1 had a lot of cut material, though. Especially egregious in Vol. 3

YEA BOY

>Spending 4 episodes on Lizards
If you go 5 episodes without your main character, by then only us LNfags will still be watching.
I can see the threads now
>Where is Ainz?
>Overlord S2 has no Overlord
>Who the fuck are these lizards give me shaltear

God if 1/3 of the season is lizards I'm gonna shit myself.

It was bad enough reading it in the novel, having to sit through 2/3 episodes of it is going to be dreadful.

Entoma, CZ, stop this. We surely do not want another Meido war. If Lupu knows about this, she will shit all over the place. It ruin sister to sister relationships.

Make that 1/2 the season. Remember Climb and Sebas up next after Lizards.

Sebas and Climb are infinitely better than shonen lizard adventures.

I bet Climb's VA will sound just as insufferable as he is in the LN
>H..Hime-sama

Eh, I kinda think it did a decent job illustrating how the rest of the world will view Ainz as he mobilizes. For the benefit of the viewer.

Lizard isn't that bad in the manga and way faster too, they can do it in 3 ep without skipping much which leaves 10 ep for vol 5-6.

It isn't as bad in the manga, you're right.

If we ever get a S3, the sheep would be a marvelous endpoint.

>Season 2 is just a big commercial for volume 12
It's ads all the way down

Season 2 is coming out before vol 12?

Season 1
>Momonga finds himself in a New World of magic and low levels
>Mormonga and a retard go on an exciting adventure with hugs
>Grand finale with a 2-meter-tall skeleton beating up a bloodsucking midget

Season 2
>Lizardmen find themselves in deep shit
>Sebas, Katana and Good Lad go on an exciting adventure in an illegal whorehouse with radiant himes lighting up this ugly world
>Grand finale with a 2-meter ironclad real human beating up some fag in a suit

Season 3
>Workers find themselves screwed
>Enri and her male girlfriend go on an exiciting adventure in a local forest with All Goat and beastiality expert cum ranger going on an exciting adventure in a local forest
>Grand finale with a 2-meter-tall Caster of Destroy one-on-one PVPing Stronoff-dono

Season 4
>Jircniv finds himself boned by an unaware skeleton
>Elder Lich with high-grade equipment and some high-level ninjas go on an adventure in the local mountains with elf rape
>Grand finale with ?

It works.

No confirmed date for S2 yet. Probably a year or something.

>Season 2
>Vol 12

user, you do know vol12 is coming in Aug, right? Which means they need season 2 to start airing latest by mid May.

I don't really think vol12 is gonna be "grand finale"

A man can dream, can't he?

There's a very important question though.

What will the new OP be?

I don't want another S2 to have a mediocre OP after a S1 with an amazing one.

Tbh I'm hoping is correct and they'll adapt Volume 8 into this season, because Season 3 being 7-9-10 makes more sense for me. And then Season 4 could be 11-12-13 which would mirror Season 2's 4-5/6.

Then again, SPLAT makes an excellent finale to a season, so I dunno.

It also had a great soundtrack too.
youtube.com/watch?v=rkpu4Ruz8i4

Workers literally did nothing wrong.

What do you mean user? The series can't keep going with Ainz dead.

I too wonder if OxT can top their last performance. The only other song I know they did is the Hand Shakers OP and that was pretty meh.

The people who did the ED did Youjo Senki's OP and I think that's pretty good.

They failed their bluff check

Lizardmen can be condensed into a single episode ending with their defeat and Ainz-sama's glorious appearance as the credits roll.

I wonder if any of the Supreme Beings created a level 1 maid with the personality of a roomba as a joke who would consequently run over Lupu's shit and smear it all over the place.

Humans get out.

Oh shit, I never connected the two! Yeah that was great, though I wish the ED for S2 will be more than one single scrolling image

L.L.L. is a top-tier ED, but Jingo Jungle is a horrible OP. MYTH & ROID has proven itself to be very hit or miss.

Another season means more Pleiades specials and drama CD's!

Arche put up with her parents' bullshit for too long.
Old Guy couldn't destroy some skeletons.
Whatshisname was mistreating elves even with his life on the line so that's being evil AND retarded.
They all bet their lives on trying to complete a strange and potentially dangerous job and lost the bet. Though Arche's team is "alive" and that one young rogue survived the ordeal if you want to believe it.

This is how I think it should go, in my opinion.
Ep 1 should be lizard shit, go with the manga and cut out most of the shonen adventure.
Ep 2 starts with the 'side story' stuff of nazarick, have them do the battle and 'win' the fight against lich guy.
Ep 3 is cocytus reporting to ainz and then them all showing up to stomp on the lizards.

I think it's pretty decent. Not my favorite OP but I usually watch it.

Reposting for whomever made this, because I have not stopped giggling like an idiot all day since I saved it.

Do you think Clementine will come back?

so-bin wills it

So to people who saw the second movie that probably aren't even in the thread

Did the Second movie fix the Brain fight? All I wanted was a proper animation for his defense barrier.

>animation for something what does not exist

She's coming back in some fashion for sure, maybe even next volume. Her body has been missing for the majority of the series. It'll be interesting to see how these points play out.

I mean the [Field] thing. Would've been nice for that and an internal monologue so he didn't come off as a complete buffoon.

About fucking time

>someone revives her and informs everyone that Momon is the Skeleton king
>clever use of PA somehow increases Ainz standing overall
>that was my plan all along; sasugas all around

I don't see how else it could go

you forgot that Brain happens in vol.3

second movie is about vol2

Huh, I read that it covered Half of Volume 2 and all of Volume 3.

I really wish people would post actual synopsis online instead of going off the claims of random people from Sup Forums who heard it from someone else on Sup Forums that got it from machine translated info from 2ch.

> Momon is the Skeleton king
Who will believe in that bullshit unless Momon would say it himself?

Luck is encompassed in "Special".

Daily reminder that Go Gin admitted Gazef is more skilled that him and would fuck him up.
However troll have better base stats.

Does that mean that Ainz is very special?

People from the south that never heard of any Momon.

How could he if he doesn't know Gazef?

>Clementine
>Comes back in some fashion
Obviously resurrected after Ainz takes over Katze Plains and founds Zuranon HQ.
pastebin.com/66p92Vq5

Season 2 is going to be N U T 's

He does though, why wouldn't he?
As a strong fighter he keeps tabs on other strong fighters and asks short fatty to mediate the matches if possible.

Only because Gazef had OP equipment for his level.

Don't be stupid, user, I don't remember who said/thought what exactly but it was concluded in the book itself that even though Go-Gin wasn't very skilled (a silver-ranked adventurer tier or something) he would still defeat Gazef thanks to his superior genetics (racial levels).

Defense commander. Nazarick doesn't have an assault commander.

Whats the best way to experience overlord? Anime, manga or the LN?

All three.

ln